Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Duromine - anyone used Duromine tablets to lose weight?

Enchanted Guest

Thanks so much for the very informative and positive information SJ! Very much appreciated!

Lol... cleaning is the best thing about Duromine... I couldn't keep still so everything in my house was OTT clean... I even colour co-ordinated my towel piles in my linen cupboard and alphbetised my DVD's and CD's!!! It was hilarious.

ETA - You know I was just thinking... I lost 30kgs in 3 months on Duromine... but I lost 20kgs in a month doing cohens... which is just eating... no drugs, shakes, pills nothing! I find it interesting that food can change you that rapidly too though.

I know a lady who can't sleep and is cleaning her house at like 3am in the morning! How big do you have to be to be able to get the medication from the GP? I weigh about 69kg and have 10kgs to lose, would they prescribe it to me? I took Xenical when it first came out and the caffeine/guarana in that gave me heart palpatations and anxiety attacks as if somebody was behind me or watching me constantly. So i stopped that immediately. What other side effects does Duromine have other than lack of sleep and heaps of energy?

Turkish delight - if you couldnt handle the caffeine or guarana tabs DO NOT get duromine, they are about a million times worse... your heart rate will increase more and if you experienced palpitations with these i would suggest that they would be dangerous to your health.
    PM me if you would like some more infor re side effects as i dont want to list them here as Oshani asked for positives...

HTH

Then better not go on them! I guess i would die from a heart attack or something. I'm pretty sensitive to certain medications as it is. Better do it the natural way and stick to proper eating and hitting the gym.

~just*perfect~ Guest

Terkish Delight

I have taken reductil wich is pretty much the same as duromine and i also got heart palpatations and panic wich im still suffering from now more then a year later.

Anyway if you want to know more about my experiance please PM me as its kinda not a good one although i do so wish i didnt react the way i did cause im DYEING to loose the weight STILL!! Lol.

And good luck to the OP whatever you choose to do. I know a friend who lost 25kg's on it and had no trubbles at all!! So it comes down to "its different for everyone". I hope it works for you if thats what you choose to do.

Im taking Duromine 45mg at the moment have been for the last 3 months.. I have lost 15kgs so far but i do have to admit i havent been exercising for the last 2 months (just to much goin on really) and since goin on the tabs every 2nd day sometimes i forget to take the tabs when im meant to for i get up to late to take them i normally take them at 7 but since School hols and DP having time off work i have been able to sleep in so im gettin up at 9 and no way in hell am i taking them then...

The only bad thing i have experienced in taking them was in the first couple of days of first taking them and that was only the feeling of being "SMASHED" for more about 19 hours aday but liek i said it only lasted maybe 4 days at the max and i wokredout that if i didnt eat a couple of apples thorghout the day i would feel like i was going to be sick but that has also faded

I have another 20kg to lose but my Dr will speak to me about how much linger i can be on hses tablets for in a couple of weeks when i go in for a weigh in

smcgt - well done on the weight loss
    just make sure that you set up the healthy eating habits now (and exercise when shcool hols are over) so that you can maintain the weight loss.
    also when the tablets are out of your system, a couple of apples a day are not going to cut it and you will be hungry, you need to make sure that you have a plan as to what you can snack on during the day and have meals planned... the first month off them you wil probably be ok, but after that it will be harder, especially as your metabloism has slowed, the weight will go back on quicker as you body will still be in 'starvation mode'...

well done once again

I wish losing weight was as easy as taking duromine...

Yet the OP wanted positive stories - the weight melts off.

chacha Guest

Default duromine

hi.

duromine is good for some people if u can deal with the side affects. i truly beleive in it in august this year around the 3rd i weighed 115kg todays weight 27/10/08 84 kg
    so go ahead use it but you have to change your eating habits and do plenty of exercise

Chacha - Thanks I have been on duromine since April and i have lost 21kg but im only taking the tablets every 2nd day ad i actually go weeks without taking any as i forget, I havent had a tablet for about 3 weeks now but im still exercising and eating better and i havent gained weight or lost anything.....

I will stay on the tablets till after Xmas or till i have lost another 5-10KG then i want to lose the last 10KG by myself...

By the way WELL DONE on the weight loss fantastic job....

Understand about the sideefforts too i felt like i was high for abou 15 hours straight a day for the first 2 weeks then got the dizzy spells and so on but all passed now.....

Sarah

chicklet Guest

Default Duromine

Hello, I've just taken my first Duromine tablet today.
    I wasn't sure to even take it after reading alot of things said about them!
    But, after spending all that money on them I thought I'd better give them a go!

After taking my first one this morning I felt a bit wired and anxious but after I hit the treadmill for 45min I have felt better. (Not 100% but better!)

Felt a bit headachey and been drinking lots of water.... haven't felt hungry all day but am starting to feel a bit peckish now!

Hopefully I'll sleep tonight... sounds like not many do!

My doctor prescribed them as I have lost 20kg since having my daughter in Jan 07 and I can't seem to lose my stomach! (I look like I have a wine barrell strapped around me!)

He prescribed 30mg for 1 month. I don't each much junk/fatty food at all.... so fingers crossed... hopefully I won't get bad side effects!

Chicklet- hope all goes well for you... i had sleep issues for few weeks... so be prepared fo rthat... I found if i took then early in the morning it wouldnt be so bad... Once i have stopped BF i'll be looking into some help as i have been again slogging it out and nothing and i thought breastfeeding would help with weight loss...

My hubby and I are on them, just started a week and a half ago, we are also doing celebrity slim (the shakes). I actually had put on 5 kilos in a space of two or three months. I just could not stop eating. I have had duromine twice before. This time around (3omg) I am not feeling so many side effects as I did in the past. I feel fine actually.

Have lost about 4 kilos already!

I figured, I might as well do the shakes whilst on the tablets. As I dont feel as hungry as I normally would be.

I plan to loose 15 kilos all up.

I found if I had my duro no later than 9-10am I would still sleep, and after the first month had no problems with sleep.

smiles4u Guest

Question

I was curious to know if most GP's give the prescription easily to people that ASK for them

Also what is the cost involved ???

Thanks

smiles4u some Dr's wont give it at all but others give it out easy My Dr knows the trouble i have had with my weight for the last 8 years and knows that i have tried lots of other things to lose it so he gave me the script no problems but i have "weigh Ins" every 4 to 6 weeks and he keeps an eye on me... They are pretty Expensive the 40mg ones are $125 for 30 Tablets Not sure bout the price for the 30mg or 15mg tablets.... In saying that i get my scripts filled at Chemist Warehouse and i only pay $99 for the 40mg tablets....

I have lost 25kg since i started taking them in April but i havent been taking them for the last 3 months and have lost 3 Kilos since i stopped taking them and just eating better and now i have sooo much more energy i feel like i wanna get up and do things instead of sitting on the couch and watching telly all day.....

Sarah

ninaaa Guest

Cool ninaaa

Hi all,

Oshani, I have been reading through the above comments and suggestions, and was just wondering since your original post, have you taken duromine, and if so, how did you go with it? how much have you lost etc?

I have been on duromine for about a week now. on the first day, i took the tablet very early in the morning and i felt abit jittery through out the day, but since, i have been fine. I have not had any trouble with sleeping so i guess i am one of the lucky ones...
    i lost 1.5 kilos in the first 2 days and nothing more since...

i am trying to lose as much weight as possible by mid Jan for my engagement (i know i started late but normal exercise and healthy food habits just didnt help me...).

I have also been using the Celebrity Slim shakes for b/fast and lunch, and then a proper meal for dinner, plus afew "healthy" snacks in between meals... Does anyone know if using both of these measures to try lose weight is ok, or not?

Any info will be great!

p.s Merry Xmas!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast