Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Duromine - anyone used Duromine tablets to lose weight?

just curious as to how much it costs? I want to loose about 20-25kg..(eek) and i really need some extra help i think.

I had never heard of it before - but would be interested to hear how you are going on it and how much weight you have lost.

Thinking I might go to the doctor and find out some more information - if it really works sounds like it might be right up my alley.

I know heaps of people who recommend, and heaps who don't.
    Each to their own and just know your own body

have a look though this thread i had a post about it awhile ago and there is a fair few pages on it.

i have lost 13kgs on it. i started eating alot healthier but the last month we have been real busy and have been having alot of take away but i am still keeping the weight off.
    I really need to get back into the food side of things.
    i am seeing a personal trainer once a week and swimming 2 times a week when i can aswell.

i am 168cm so i am roughly aroun dthe same as you. i got up to 101 when i had DD and now i am down to 85.
    i was at 98 when i first started taking duro

Sheltie Guest

Default Duromine

I took it for three months at the start of the year and found it fantastic. I can't do muchof exercise because of a disability and this helped so much.

I didn't put weight back on after going off it as it helped me retrain the way I eat and what I eat but I've found the last month with a lot of stress in my life I'm comfort eating and putting weight on.

Unfortunately my GP I got the script from is no longer her and the new one doesn't believe in pills. I just wish there was somewhere I could get it from again.

Yes it can have side affects such as sleeping issues but overall I found this medication extremely beneficial in shedding the weight.

Hi everyone
    I have been on 30mg duromine for a week tomorrow and i think i will have lost around 2.5 kgs, so i am really happy with that. I have about 20 kg to lose, so a long way to go, and i am hoping this will give me a good kick start and once i see some kg's coming off i am sure i will be able to keep my motivation off.
    I havent suffered from any side effects, been sleeping well, and havent felt as energised as i thought. I accidentally took two tablets today, as i was carrying my husbands dose down to the bedroom for him and without thinkng i took it with mine! I was stressing for ages, but i feel fine thank goodness!
    I would be interested to see how other people are going?
    Keep up the good work everyone

Hi everyone,

I am currently taking 30mg duromine, been on it for a week tomorrow. So far, feeling fine, no side effects, sleep well. I accidentally took two tablets today and i am still feeling fine, thank goodness! LOL
    Would love to chat with other people who are also using duromine...
    Cheers

Default duromine

My husband and his wife at the time went on duromine. He lost 30kg in 3 months and she went down from a size 16/18ish to a size 10. She then got pregnant so ate as much as she wanted and put it all back on plus more. He tried to keep it off but was unsuccessful he says because he didn't learn anything. When they were on duromine they had carbs (cereal/toast) for breaky and no carbs for the rest of the day. Lunch was a salad with eggs and dinner something similar.
    He then years later lost 60kg (in a longer amount of time) by just changing his eating habits ans excerciizing and has kept it off.
    I have just started duromine today and i want to go down from 86kg to 50kg (im short). My plan is to eat exactly what i plan on eating when off the pill. So toast for breaky, wrap for lunch, and salad for dinner, no snacking, and bringing excercise into my life
    I think it'll def help u loose weight, but the hard parts keeping it off. So good luck im sure is possible if we work hard and stay focused!

Does anyone know if you can take Duromine with anti-depressants?

Default with shanities

i dont think your meant to but i am on flufoxamine and i am still taking duromine, i didnt tell the doctor (naught me) but if i have any problems then i'll stop taking them. I think it depends what anti-depresent ur on. if u told me what urs is called i will check my packet (cos it mentions some of them) and tell u

I am on Zoloft

yep Zoloft is mentioned in the info thing in the packet saying "before you start to use deromine tell your doctor if you are taking any of these mediactions" then it lists things and then " sertraline (eg zoloft)"
    so i dont kno what that means but prob tell ur doc. my anti depresent isnt on it so should be okay.

Pooo....lol...thanks anyways...

Default Duromine

Hi
    Im 25 and mother of a 10yr old stepson and an 11 month old daughter. I am feeling a little frustrated and stressed. When I was pregnant with CC I put on 30kg even though I barely ate and was run off my feet at work (I am a nurse). I lost 18kgs post birth with some active weight loss but the last kg's have stuck with me for 9 months. I am finding it difficult to get too into a weight loss regime as between the kids ( I started the year without any and now I have the 2 so it's been a big adjustment!) looking after the house and working several nightshifts a week I don't know how I will find the energy to lose weight.

Just to make things super interesting I have 5 weeks before my wedding so I am feeling a lot of pressure to even get back in the 70kg range. (I am 163cms and currently 81kg).

I am thinking that I might be a good candidate for some duromine but I live in a small town and Drs are reluctant to prescribe from what I am told. Am I better off going for a drive to Sydney to find someone? Can anyone recommend a sympathetic but responsible GP in Sydney or Southern Surrounds?

My email address is [email protected] if anyone wants to contact me privately.
    Ta.
    Last edited by Gr82be; December 21st, 2009 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Add email address.

Default It's a lifestyle choice

Hey Everyone,

My experiences with Duromine have been Fantastic! although I do have to stress to everyone that uses this forum that Duromine is not the cure to obesity/being overweight, it's only there as a kick starter...after that....You're on your own!

Everyday I get up and go the Gym and do 45 mins of High Intensity Cardio on the Treadmill mostly incline walking and I sweat my arse off literally! because of this I drink 3 litres of water during the day only, that doesn't include my night time intake !!

I have been on it for 2 months and i have lost 4.5 kgs that may not seem like very much weight, but I FEEL AMAZING! and i think the slower the rate is that you lose the weight it's much healthier and sustainable it is. I've heard story after story of people regaining the weight and then some after they stop taking this, I must ask "what were you hoping to get from this?" Losing Weight is a Lifestyle choice that must incorporate exercise and eating the bad stuff in moderation, because let's face it...can you honestly NEVER have another chocolate bar in your whole life?? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!

The Biggest motivator for me is the dress sizes going down..down..down and I will never want this feeling to end. I keep my eye on the end goal..then I'll maintain it

Thumbs up Duromine

Quote Originally Posted by Sammiejane View Post
    Turkish delight - if you couldnt handle the caffeine or guarana tabs DO NOT get duromine, they are about a million times worse... your heart rate will increase more and if you experienced palpitations with these i would suggest that they would be dangerous to your health.
    PM me if you would like some more infor re side effects as i dont want to list them here as Oshani asked for positives...

HTH
    I weighed 74kgs and lost 7 kgs in a month, with small calorie controlled meals and light exercise as well, usually on 10 mins or pilates concentrating on my core muscles.

I found that I could not sleep more than a few hours and woke in the middle of the night. What helped was that I also took my tablet about 3 am, this way you have taken them about 3-4 hours earlier than usual, so you will sleep longer throught the night. This also means that you only need a modest breakfast, usually fruit and juice.

For dry mouth try freezing diet cordial or lo cal lemonade into ice blocks. This not only stops the dry mouth but also your mouth and tummy are tricked into thinking that you are eating, keeps your saliva active too.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :

Quote Originally Posted by Oshani View Post
    Hello

I am wanting to know who has been on Duromine and had a positive experience with it. I ideally would like to lose 20kgs and am having trouble doing it. My Dr has given me a prescription for it and I nearly fell over when I heard the price of them. However, if it gets my little guy a healthier Mummy and I am feeling better about myself and feeling healthier then I guess it will be money worth spent.

I am wanting to know how much weight you lost, how you dealt with side effects etc.

Please do not post your bad experiences with Duromine here. I have done a lot of research into this and am not going into this blind. I have read many bad stories about it but also many good ones.

TIA
    I lost 7 kgs in one month. You may have a little trouble sleeping thru the night, so instead of taking your tablet in the morning take it about 3 am, this will greatly help your sleep pattern. For dry mouth relief (sadly this is definately one side effect everyone has), try freezing diet cordial or lo cal lemonade into ice blocks. This not only stops the dry mouth but also your mouth and tummy are tricked into thinking that you are eating, keeps your saliva active too.

Hope you have success, remember, even if you only lose 2-3 kgs..its better than putting on 2-3 kgs

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast