Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eating Anonymous

well I just did eat some chocolate but I have been super healthy lately, even when I was away with our youth group, eating pizza and junk food - I stll ate the healthy options of apples and water, and managed to loose weight - that is the first time EVER I have lost weight when I am away

But every chance I had I either danced or walked or bopped about with the kids, and I feel so much fitter for it - I want to go to dancing lessons now, it was so much fun!

I've started, and lost 2kg last week

Panda bought home a cream bun from work tonight but I did say to Dh, as long as I am eating better than I was and losing weight then it's all good. And I am eating waaaay better. I do feel like I did when I quit smoking, I just got back to that mind set. I'm actually finding that I'm not even craving all that much.
    I have to look at it like it's long term - like, for life - and do what I have to do to get through. So I am roughly follwing TF & cutting carbs right down, but I did have some rice with dinner. I don't think I can do something for so long that is so restrictive so I'm bending it just a little bit.

I made a lovely salad for dinner (also had some meatballs which was the boys dinner!) and made enough for lunch tomorrow so I don't buy something naughty!

Got a few things to break at the moment. Drinking far too much cordial, but I've just cut out coffee and milk drinks so I need to take things slowly or I'll fall down in a heap!

I find it really hard to eat something that fulfils me at work when I'm starving! Last time I lost weight, cheese and crackers did it for me - but not this time so I'm not sure what to do there...

Ryatha - well done on the loss while away! Dance girl dance! (Have you thought of trying Zumba?)

Fleur - you are so right with looking at a long term lifestyle. Are you doing the TF shakes too?

Nettie - cordial! empty calories! I quite like soda water with lemon and mint, could you try that?

Ruth, I am, I find having a shake for breakfast in particular is good becuase I struggle with time in the morning & I was grabbing something from the bakery after I got to work. Baaaaad...

Usually I would have a shake around lunchtime as well, with salad & some protein, yesterday though I skipped the shake, had raw vegies & cottage cheese & then had rice with dinner.

So I'm keeping it flexible, I consider doing that kind of thing a treat and limit how often I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth08 View Post
    Nettie - cordial! empty calories! I quite like soda water with lemon and mint, could you try that?
    I know! I don't like bubbly water.. don't drink soft drinks very often at all and if I did, I could only have one a day as it gives me a tummyache.

Maybe I could make iced tea ... but I would add sugar - let's be honest! Nope, I'll just have to stick to water!

I've fallen off the band wagon a bit here. I ate a medium size pack of chips by myself yesterday morning and felt sick! Gross. But I still finished them off. Then I had two pieces of cake at mothers group. Urgh. I won't bore you with the rest of my failings.

So someone needs to slap me!

For me, I count it a good day when I eat what I plan to eat. (Sometimes I plan to eat dessert if we are going out for dinner!). So I need to start sticking to my mental plans. Maybe I should write it down? I just feel that's a bit concrete? Am I being a coward?

Hi girls.

Can I join this forum too?

I am the biggest I have ever been

I eat for comfort and boredom mainly. I rarely actually 'get hungry'.

I am trying very hard not to get depressed about it as I know that is pointless- so I am being provactive about it. I have completly removed all exciting tasty food from the cupboard and fridge. And I am going to try and be positive about it all everyday- maybe I need an affirmation or something?

Anyway- will try and read through the thread- got through the first page so far

Welcome Delphmoon!

An affirmation would be great! Let us know if you find any - and anyone else let us know if you have one!

Hi Nettie

Havn't got an affirmation yet other than to only say positive things to myself and not get caught up in negativity. I think being a person that eats when I feel bad makes it even more critical that I stay positive!
    I think breaking free from habits is what makes it difficult. When DH gets home from work in the afternoons I usually go out shopping or something for an hour to have space from DD. This means I usually (always) go and buy a chocolate or vanilla slice or something. Yesterday was the first day in a long time I didn't do that and strangely I felt like I was missing out on something...LOL...I kept telling myself if I so buy a choccie I'm gonna have to get on BB and confess to everyone...
    I bought a delish mango instead and went and sat at the lake- I have never done something like that but I like it!

Go Delphmoon! Great substituion - I hope you really enjoyed it.

I have been eating more due to morning sickness but I am trying to keep it under control a bit. I am still weighing myself everyday - that is my "reality check". THis morning I was going to go shopping but I knew I didn't need healthy food, I just wanted some junk, so I didn't go.

I have fallen off the wagon & landed with a thump
    Trying to pick it up again today.

Delphmoon - could you use that hour to have a nice long walk listening to music? Then you get some exercise in AND get around the temptation to eat something naughty!

AFM - I've discovered popcorn! It is hugely satisfying (as a savoury flavour) and quite a bit lighter than my normal savoury snacks! Yummo!

Popcorn fantastic idea!! Obviously not the covered in butter variety though

I will definitely try the music and walk thing- would have to get my ipod up to date with the latest music.

I have been pretty good the past 2 days- no choccie no icecream and no chips

It is a constant effort to not eat just for the hell of eating though- I wonder why that is? I'm not hungry but will think- hmmm....might have some toast

Anyway- am keeping myself busy and have bare cupboards so cant munch on anything dangerous...LOL
    Last edited by delphmoon; November 18th, 2010 at 07:07 AM. Reason: spelling

Well here I am *raises hand sheepishly* I am an overeater. I am usually fine til DD goes to bed around 6pm then I binge til I feel sick. I have slowly been putting on weight since I had DD ( was 60 before I had her, put on 12 kg when pg and lost it all within a month and am now back up to 68kg)
    I keep trying those VLCD shakes and go fine for 1 day then fall off the wagon and binge. Even if I don't put junk food in the house I will make a trip of going to get some. I binge in secret either at home or in my car. It's so disgusting but I don't know how to stop
    Last night between 7-8pm I had 2 cornetto ice creams, a packet of mint slice biscuits, a big bag of potato chips and a mini pizza

Hi everyone....

I just got reading this thread and I am positive I belong here as well....

I am the heaviest I have been in my life. I have been up and down with my weight for years. I met DH when I was 20 and looking great (he was too!) then we got fat together, lost about 40kgs each together then I got pregnant with DS and it's been going up and up and up ever since then.

I feel so depressed sometimes. I look at all the other mothers in our Playgroup and I just want to be like them. All skinny and lovely in their trendy clothes and I feel like a bit fat slug.

I know I can do this. I have done it before. But I keep using the kids as my excuse with no time, too tired blah blah blah and I just cant seem to get my head into the right space.

When DH and I lost that large amount of weight back in 2005 / 6 I was so focused, walked about 3 - 4 hours a day and ate NOT a scrap of anything even remotely bad. I was also on tablets from the Dr (cant remember for the life of me what they are called but are off the market now) which were really expensive and I'm sure they were a massive help and also attended weight watchers too. Also no kids so had the time to walk everywhere and really get into it. I lost just over 40kgs in 6 months. I know that isnt the right way to go about it and it's something that you just cant keep up in 'normal' life.

I just cant stop eating rubbish : ( I need my mouth stapled shut.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123