Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Years Body Transformation Challenge

will email in measurements tomorrow

Jodie259 Guest

I wasn't planning to join in the challenge... having had a baby 5 weeks ago (by c/s)....

but I'm feeling good. I NEED to lose weight. And I need all the motivation I can get.

I actually took my measurements, and a photograph of the scales, and photographs of my porky body on New years Day (and the camera date & time stamps it too).

So I will send you my details Lea.

If anyone is near IKEA... they have FREE tape measures!!!!

BTW: note to all participants: WEIGHT & HEIGHT NEEDS TO BE IN METRIC (ie: height = cm's & weight = kgs).

I won't be skinny by my 40th... but I hope I will be skinnier...
    I got DH to put my boxing bag up - so I'll be out in my backyard soon... punching the crap out of it.

Good luck to everyone... lets hope we can all support each other and all lose some kgs. What I love is at the end of the challenge Lea can add up the TOTAL amount of kg's lost - and it's so exciting!!! Lets aim to lose a couple of people

As Lea says... regardless of who "wins" at the end - everyone is a winner if they have managed to lose any weight at all. So good luck to everyone!

yah! i'm so excited about this, just got up and made myself a healthy breakfast of oats and bananna instead of the usual toast with butter and vegemite. i've pmed you my details lea. i think this is just the motivation i need. thanks for setting this up for us guys.

OMG my DF did my measurements last night and I cried. I can't believe the measurements.

So to share my sorrow with you, here's some motivation from the Flora & Heart Foundation websites:

Waist Circumference

In terms of heart health, your waist circumference is thought to be an even better measure than your BMI - you just need to find out whether you're an apple or a pear!

If you carry excess weight around your middle, it's often referred to as 'apple-shaped', while if you carry that weight on your hips it's referred to as 'pear-shaped'. Studies have shown that apple-shaped people may face greater heart health risks than their 'pear-shaped' equivalents

You can find out which you are by measuring your waist size. Use the table below to see if you could benefit from making some healthy changes to your diet and lifestyle.

Male:
    Alerting Zone: >94cm
    Action Zone: >102cm

Female:
    Alerting Zone: >80cm
    Action Zone: >88cm

Let's just say I'm in the Alerting zone for Men and the Action zone for Women. And not far off the Action Zone for men

Kaz... i am guessing I am about the same.. will be doind the tell all measurements tonight when i get home....

I hate the waist measurement thing.
    Even when I get to my goal weight, which is a BMI of 22 for me, my waist measurement will still be above 80cm.

How is everyone measuring themselves??
    Eg where are you measuring your waist? The narrowest part??

I found this info online:

Waist
    Measure the waist a few centemeters above the hips. Relax. This is the accurate measurement.

Stomach
    The stomach measurement is very close to the waist measurement but a few centemetres above the waist, where the "love handles" occur. Relax when taking this measurement, (neither draw your stomach in nor stick it out.).

(Hmmm - I don't like either of those places to measure the waist!! I think it is around the bellybutton level... well that's where I'm measuring it!! ) Any other suggestions??

Hips
    Measuring the hips gives us the size of the hips and of the gluteal muscles or ?the behind?. Simply measure all the way around at hip level catching the broadest part of the hips and the seat of your pants. This is the proper hip measurement.

Biceps
    Wrap the tape measure around the extended upper arm. Now make a muscle pumping your upper arm and lower arm together. Double check to make sure that the tape spans the broadest parts of your triceps (bottom) and biceps (top) of the upper arm. This is the accurate measurement.

Thighs
    Wrap the tape around the upper leg as high up as possible. Now flex and extend outward the thigh muscles and this will give you the correct size for your thighs.

Girls, how does everyone feel about putting up some "before" shots?

I was thinking that if we get some great results, then we could also put up the "after" shots?

Then, if we have a good collection we could put the "success stories" on the main site perhaps?

WDYT?

FWIW, I have put some DREADFUL "before" shots up here:

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ry.php?cat=716

Horrific. Definitely inspiration for me to change!

i measure my waist at the narrowest part as thats where my personal trainer told me to.
    I was also told (but didn't do it) that holding your stomach in is fine when doing the measurements.

I used my belly button for my waist, my wrist hanging limply for my hips and the end of my thumb for my thighs.

Lea - would Kelly be able to create a gallery for us to use for the before / after shots?

Rayray - I recalled my old PT telling me it's the narrowest part too.
    So I think I'll use that for the 'comp' but also take around the belly button for myself!

I'm afraid I'm too chicken to put up photos - but more power to you girls who are brave enough!!

I will put up before shots if others are keen... & I promise not to suck in my guts LOL

ETA...

I Have sent in my measurements & will get DH to take some photos tonight for before shots... (then try & get them onto a gallery LOL)
    Lucy.. Can a gallery be set up for the pics??

sent off my measurements etc this morning.
    will find a suitable hideous photo tonight.

I will have a play with the gallery and see what I can do..........

Here you go lovelies.........

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ry.php/cat/718

PLEASE, someone else please post some photos quick!
    Last edited by Lucy; January 3rd, 2008 at 03:01 PM.

Cool

Hey all,

I would like to join the challange as I need some motivation...

I have lost 22.5 kgs in the last 5 months but have lately been finding it hard to motivate myself ( and i need to lose atleast another 20 kgs hopefully 25).

I need motivation and inspiration

Don't know if I can bear to post a photo Lucy but I will see. Still keep forgetting to buy a tape measure LOL I think I am protecting myself subconsciously!!!!

Measurements done - ugh, hideous! DH did them for me and was a pain in the bum, pointing out that my hip measurement was bigger than his belly (hmm gee, thanks for that).

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast