Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Years Body Transformation Challenge

Hi Ruth - come on, don't give up, you can do it!! Even if you at least send in your weight today (that 's the easy one to work out) and then buy a tape measure over the weekend - I'm sure no one will mind if you're a day or two late.

Think about that goal weight following your upcoming implanon removal!! Go girl!!!

Ruth The first weigh in is not due until Monday but in saying that... if you're late (or anyone else) its not going to matter. Please join us!!

About to sit down and sort out this spreadsheet ladies... darn its hot here! (39 degrees )

This thread is shaping up to be really good - just like us!

Measuring - I know you have mostly done it but we were asked for hips, waist, thighs and arms - to make it really easy - just measure the widest part of your hips, thighs and arms as they may change shape over the next few months with exercise and then the widest part may be located ina different spot......and waist - measure the narrowest section.

I love the fact that weight and measurements are being taken into account because weight doesn't mean much. I have had clients gain 3 kilos and drop a dress size or two.....also don't pay too much attention to numbers like the BMI which is your height divided by your weight squared......at 84kg and 1.59cm high, my BMI is 33 which means I am classified as obese but I only wear a size 14......I am built like Marilyn Monroe and am slightly bigger but by no means huge........

I went to weight watchers years ago and I was almost 90 kilos and a size 16 - I really carry my weight well as under the fat I am very muscular. The lady looked at me, looked at the scale and asked me to get off so she could check it!! She hadn't seen a size 16 person weighing in at 90 kilos....I told her that is was correct but she wasn't sure.

So, decide what size you want to be (10, 12, 14 whatever)......and go for it.....as long as you are getting smaller and healthier, that is what really counts.

One of the best things we did at WW when I was there, was take a piece of string, tie it around your waist and the cut through the knot giving a piece of string the exact circumference of your waist. Then every two weeks you put it around your waist and you could really see how much smaller you were growing.

I like the string idea Tracey, I might do that, I like seeing results!

I am so going to do that string thing. And it's good to hear that someone else was 90kg for size 16. So I could be normal.

Tracey - when I was a gym junkie (twice a day - every day) I was 97kg and was a size 14-16. In 6 weeks I'd lost 3% body fat, dropped from a size 18 but not lost any weight on the scales. Weight watchers didn't like me because I questioned the fact that they wanted me to be 53kg and I was last 53kg in primary school.

Lea - measurements on their way to you - just working out how best to do them by myself (DH is away for work until Sunday)

ok - I couldn't find a tape measure, so I found a ball of string, measured myself with those and then grabbed my builders tape and measured the string with that

Just thought I would add guys that my friend has lost nearly 50kg since feb last year & has gone from a size 26 to a 16.. amazing effort, I am sooo proud of her...

Now off to try & post my photos to lucys gallery...

How's this for inspiational: Zelma's Before & After Pics

Tracey.....LOVE the peice of string idea! I am going to go and do that right now!

Wow how great does she look??? Wonder how tall she is cause she weighs more than me now but looks tonnes better!

Wow that lady looks great!

Nat my measurement will be a day late. I couldn't find a scale today so am going to try and rewire mine....

Well the string idea was a hit...better do mine!!

Schaz - I absolutely loved your innovative measuring......

I read the weight loss document on the zelma link (now that woman is inspiring....makes some of us look thin before we start and if she can turn her life around, so can we!!!) and there is this amazing quote that I really think we should all adopt, print out and stick where we can see it....

If you really want to lose, you'll find a way, and it you don't want to, you will find an excuse. It's up to you.

Off to have some watermelon......

If you really want to lose, you'll find a way, and it you don't want to, you will find an excuse. It's up to you.
    Ha ha Tracey....great minds think alike.........I copied and pasted that one myself.

Oh wow, how great does she look? I wonder if she has baggy skin from the excess weight, or if because she took her time to lose the weight, the skin has bounced back with her?

I love that string idea! I'm going to do that now too!

Lucy, just checked out your blog - what a great way to keep yourself motivated.

Kazbah, I emailed Zelma and asked that question.The email address has not bounced so hopefully I will get a reply and let you all know.

i just wanted to check- are people going to wait till feb 1 to weigh themselves/ do measurements again or are you going to do it before that?

I'm going through my uni text books (I'm studying for a bachelor of health science with a major in naturopathy) and my "Food as Medicine" notes say that you should eat 20 different foods each day, to give yourself nutrients and your body variety.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast