Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: NYBTC Chatter Week #1

hi everyone, haven't logged in for a bit. been not too bad with eating- i find i'm just so hungry with bfing. i look at what some of you guys eat and i think 'that's way not enough food!'. maybe i'm just a pig?? anyway i've been trying to eat really healthy- no junk food. last night we made home made pizzas with wholemeal pita bread and lots of veggies and low fat cheese.

i went for a 5km walk on wednesday but did nothing yesterday - way too hot for exercise! i rang up yesterday about doing a 6 week fat loss program at a fitness studio. you do one session a week with a personal trainer and one small group session a week. i'm gonna ring up today and book in to start next week. really excited about it!!

tonight i'm going to the movies 'gold class' with a friend to see 27 dresses. been expressing some milk for dp to look after ds. this is only the 3rd time since i've had ds that i'll be leaving him. gotta think of some strategies to avoid popcorn, lollies etc. i'm thinking of just buying myself a large diet coke to give me something to suck on!

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    gotta think of some strategies to avoid popcorn, lollies etc. i'm thinking of just buying myself a large diet coke to give me something to suck on!
    You know Gracie, thats a big part of the challenge for me and for a lot of people, breaking the associations around food. Apparently on average it takes 8 weeks to break a habbit, no wonder its hard especially when they seem to form in no time at all.

My hardest time is in the evening, especially if DH wants to watch a movie, he'll have at minimum a 250gm packet of chips open in a bowl. Sometimes I just have to not watch the move and go into another room.

in the last thread, there was someone who had a spreadsheet for weight watchers / counting points etc. Does anyone know who that is coz im kinda keen to lose weight!! I need to lose 10-15kg (altho the weightwatcher website says that my healthy weight range is 19-32kg away)

My hardest time is in the evening, especially if DH wants to watch a movie, he'll have at minimum a 250gm packet of chips open in a bowl. Sometimes I just have to not watch the move and go into another room.
    Same issue here.........my DH is lean and can eat a disgusting amount of junk without putting on an ounce. We moved all my scrapping stuff into another room across the hallway so that I can scrap whilst he pigs out in front of the teev.....

ALTHOUGH, I noticed over the past few days.......when I am sitting at my puter, I would have a tendancy to snack. But I have been playing a track from my "Slim Forever" subliminal CD, and without even thinking about it, I have no urge to snack. BNo temtations to resit, I just don't even consider reaching for the chippies/nuts.......

Scone.it was Jodie....I have a copy though, so if you email me on [email protected] I can forward you a copy......
    Last edited by Lucy; January 11th, 2008 at 10:57 AM.

Default something that could be used as exercise.....

I saw this idea in a post by Hoobley in another thread and I had to add it here as I thought it could be taken further and we can use it.

Hoobley made this great suggestion that you take the weight you want to lose, pack it into a backpack and walk around with it for a while and then take it off - that would give you a really good idea of how much lighter you will feel having lost the weight.

If you have a lot to lose and can't carry it all in a back pack, then just use the amount to your first goal - like 5 kilos or even 3 kilos.

A litre of water is about a kilo but I don't think I could fit 20 litres in a back pack although they usually are sold in litre capacity....I may have to find something smaller and heavier - metal plates that go on weight machines might do well - 4 x 5kg plates.

If you go to a gym, go tothe weight section and pick up some 10 kilo dumbells and just carry them around and see how heavy they are.

I really like this idea.

I then extended to walking. If I carried the back pack with some weight in it, I would burn more calories. I see people walking with backpacks getting fit for hiking so I would look just like them really.

Thanks Hoobley!!

morning lovelies how are we all on this glorious day
    new day new beginning all those sliding off the wagon with me it is time to climb on back up
    i found a new little motivation this morning i think we need to look at these little itty bitty goals as mini miracles heres mine for today i put on my work pants after having a week off with my back and a little woo hoo they are a little bit looser so i now want them baggy so every bit of temptation today is NOT going to stop me being who i want to be

you take the weight you want to lose, pack it into a backpack and walk around with it for a while and then take it off - that would give you a really good idea of how much lighter you will feel having lost the weight

LOL. When I told DH that I wanted to lose 30kg, he immediately said "That is three full watering cans of water" (a weight I am familiar with from watering all his homegrown tomatoes, LOL!)

I am feeling pumped today ladies. For the first time I really noticed the toning and shaping in my body when I was at the gym! I may have only lost 1 kg but damn you can tell in the mirrors!

Gracie I am hopeless with eating as well. So I just eat whenever I am hungry and try to eat the right foods. For example others will have a bit of ceral with 1/4 cup of milk and mine is massive and drenched in milk lol but oh well... its better then the takeway I had been living on!

Quote Originally Posted by Lea13 View Post
    its better then the takeway I had been living on!
    And in those 10 words from Lea is a world of wisdom.....

It's better......we are not striving for perfection - that's too hard......we just need to do better in small steps and over the months, we can look back and we will be heaps better!!

I took myself off to Olympic Fitness today in search of weights to wear in a backpack. I wanted 20 kilos of weights which will really show me how much I have to lose. I got a really good deal. $50 for 2x11 kilo dumbells. They have screw off ends so you can make them whatever weight you want to but I want to start packing them into a backpack and walking with them next week. I really like this idea. That will burn extra calories!!

When I am not using them, DH can use them to build some biceps and shoulders!! He needs some shaping too. Not that he is fat. He is an ultra runner so he is lean - has good legs and butt but a slim upper body.....his reasoning being you don't want to be dragging a load of muscle around when you are running 50km......I can understand that......I can't run 5km let alone 50km.....

I also checked out water bottles at my local IGA - I am sure the bigger supermarkets have a lot more variety. But there are reasonable size bottles in 1.5 litre, 4 litre and 5 litre sizes that will fit in backpacks for those that want to get and idea what it will feel like to lose those kilos.

I must admit, carrying my 22 kilo dumbells to the car in the box was something. They were really heavy and it sure gave me a really good idea of what I wanted to lose. The guy in the shop asked if I wanted help and I said no......and then told him that the rules of the shop shoud be if you can't carry it to the car, you aren't allowed to buy them.....that gave him a laugh on what looked like a quiet day for him!!

heheeh, that's very true Tracey (about carrying to the car).

Well I've been wearing a pedometer, and today so far have done (apparently) 19,000 steps. I may have it sitting in the wrong place! But I got caught in the "cool change" that came along with a thunderstorm, and as a result of wet sandals and walking to mothers' group, I have blisters on both my little toes. Ahhh well.

Waiting for DF to get home to go jogging! After seeing the chiro yesterday, I swear, my back has *never* felt better in my life. Just need to avoid those speed bumps ...

Gracie, this won't help you tonight, but if you want to have chips etc, put an amount into a sealed bowl for yourself, and one for your partner. I find if I do this my little 50g will last me ages, but if I share a 100g pack then I actually 'race' DF to the chips and eat most of them. For tonight though Gracie, buy some chuppa chops!

Thanks Tracey - you just made me laugh out loud That is soo true!

I've got a toddler that's nearly 13kgs - carrying her around gives you a fair idea.....

Kaz I so agree with you on the own bowl thing - why do we race? Even if we don't want them?

Hey thanks for all the chat and great ideas. Reading this forum thread really keeps me motivated to stay on track with my eating. I will need it because I am going away for the weekend to visit a mate in another country town. She is pretty healthy generally but there is always temptation in other peoples houses and there is often social pressure to eat more. I have told her I am trying to be healthy so hopefully she will be ok when I say no to cake or chocolate or whatever. I weighed myself this morning and have lost 2.2kg since NYE (which includes the 1.1 on my ticker). I refuse to update the ticker until Monday to see if I can maintain it after the weekend!

Hope everyone has a good one Keep up all the good work girls!

No weight loss this week.... Not impressed.
    Next week better be double of what should have been this week.
    I would have thought with 20 odd kilos to lose it would have been something.

AF not even due yet, so grrrrrr
    grrrr....

~Leanne~ sometimes we do not lose actual weight because we have built mussel - you should check your measurements as the diff will show in them DO NOT LET THINS GET YOU DOWN

Me- I just did my first step class and I thought that I was going to die but made it through and will go agian - I am just so unco that it is not funny

Oh no leanne. Kepp at it though. Your body is just taking some time to readjust to less food.

Great job Kylie! I love the idea of step but I'm unco too and spend the whole time worrying about breaking an ankle lol.

Hey Leanne, do you drink coffee?

One of the things with caffeine, while it can slightly increase your metabolism for a ittle while, it actually inhibits fat metabolism, so on of the big things that can aid in weightloss, other than drinking a good amount of water, is to cut out or significantly cut back on caffeine.

Also as Kylie said, if you are building muscle, you can initially gain weight or plateau as muscle weighs more than fat. but you should see a difference in you measurements. The great thing is that the more muscle you have, the more calories you can burn doing the same amount of exercise!

No not really a coffee drinker. Maybe one or two cups a day. The past three weeks I have been home from work on holidays, and probably have had one if lucky. Drink more at work.

I think water is my issue. Not drinking enough water..... My goal for the next week is to make sure I drink my water. Being at work might make it easier. I have a 1Litre bottle on my desk and will try one litre before lunch and one after.

thanks for the ideas guys.

hi!! Can Ijoin this thread? I want to lose about 10-15kg

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast