Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NYBTC Chatter Week #1

Default NYBTC Chatter Week #1

Welcome to the New Years Body Transformation Challenge Week #1.

I am loving the chatter that is happening. The motivation and support levels are going sky high!! So lets go crazy with exercise and healthy living lol!

This weeks articles:

Tips For Keeping New Years Resolutions

How To Set Goals

This weeks MINI CHALLENGES

- power walk 3 times this week for at least 15 minutes

- write down 10 reasons why you would like to lose weight (more if you can do it)

Link to old thread HERE Continue chatting ladies...

Oooooh Nat, loving your work babe!
    Last edited by Lucy; January 7th, 2008 at 02:54 PM.

I can do the 10 things one! How fast is power walking and can i do it with a pram???

do we write our 10 things down in here ?

and i'll power walk when i can actually walk again lol

I am going to write the 10 things on here and in my blog.........

Does my "couch to 5km" count as my power walk? Or do I need to do power walks PLUS my couch to 5km?

Kazbah - ifit was me I would include the couch to 5kms as part of the power walk...but if you wanted to be extra good do both - just be careful not to overdo it at first as I find that I am really motivated for about 4 days then get sick of it if I try to do tooo much (but then again I am a verrrry lazy person)

I have a friend at work who also would like to lose 20kg and we are (hopefully) going to motivate each other - it is my first gym class tomorrow in about 4 years....wish me luck girls - if you do not see me for a while it is because I have hurt myself very badly

well no spin class for me today, I was too involved in re-cabling and re-routing (boring work stuff) and when I looked up at the time it was over. Almost impossible to go to the gym tonight too so hav resolved to do some situps at home.

Lucy I love your blog. mine is very neglected and I cant work out how to do photos etc. I might see if Ican pretty it up tomorrow night while DH is out and I hav guilt free BB time!

here are my 10 good reasons - as posted to my new blog

Now I just need to work out how to put photos down the side!

Thanks Rach......being creative with that blog takes my mind off food. I was horrifed to realise how many times I sat down at my 'puter and automatically reached for the peanuts!

Schaz....
    6. to **** of certain people who think I'm just fat & frumpy
    .......PMSL.........that is so spot on......and TBH one of my main reasons too (although I didn't add it to my list.......might have to do a sub list!). I have a certain unavoidable person in my world who is very competitive against me, my family, my home, my garden, my life, my scrapbooks, my everything. She is skinny. Guess I am as as "competitive" as her as I do not want her to think she was 'won' against me in the stakes of life!

Girls: photos on your Blogger blogs is through the add image button in the "New Post" section. For stagnant stuff down the side, go to templates...........
    Last edited by Lucy; January 7th, 2008 at 04:26 PM.

Ok here are my 10 reasons:-

1) to help me conceive and have a happy healthy pregnancy;
    2) so I can feel as sexy as my dh tells me I am;
    3) more energy;
    4) general health reasons;
    5) I must say that there are a few people who see me as frumpy and gosh I would like to show them;
    6) so I can were fashionable clothes and feel good in them;
    7) so I never have to shop in the fat girl section again;
    8) I only have one life and I am going to live it (not to be held back because of my wieght);
    9) I want one, just one "nice photo"and yes I am extreeeeeemly vain;
    10) to never be told again that I have a pretty face and great personality - if only I could lose some weight I would be atractive

There you go!!!!

Hey everyone,

Lucy - thanks a million for fixing my ticker! I was running late for work and didn't have time to work it out!

Kazbah - couch to 5km sounds like hard work and definitely counts as powerwalking. I am going to have trouble with the excersice bit. Should now read the tips on setting goals and come up with my 10 reasons.

Can we post recipes on here for each other? Made an amazing (and low fat) lemon, chicken thyme meal last night

My 10 reasons:

1. To be really healthy when I start TTC.
    2. To give the baby the best possible chance to be healthy too.
    3. To feel better about me (I agree with Kyliekd that it's time to feel as sexy as DP says I am).
    4. So I am more likely to start exercising regularly.
    5. To lower my cholesterol (think it could be high-ish).
    6. To reach my ideal weight range in a sensible way so that maintaining it does not make food such a big issue in my life.
    7. So my clothes aren't all tight and uncomfortable and I can stop dressing to hide my belly/hips/bum.
    8. Because I need to get rid of the belly blubber before I get PG (refuse to carry both pre-PG blubber and a baby around together LOL!).
    9. So I can fit back into my skinny jeans and work pants (at least for a little while ).
    10. So I don't put on more weight after quitting smoking last year (need to break the hand to mouth habits!).
    11. To live longer.
    12. To be more confident and less self conscious about my appearance.

Oops I came up with a couple of extras. There are so many good ones.

Lucy - I identified with your comments about having a competitive person in your life. It can be really draining when you're supposed to be running in somebody elses race and you don't even see it as a competition can't it?

Girls, I am LOVING reading all your lists of reasons......

1. To be generally more comfortable in my skin
    2. So my heart doesn't race at the drop of a hat
    3. So my clothes fit
    4. So my gunbelt isn't so uncomfortable that i can only breath out properly when I take it off
    5. To role model for my child/ren (my ILs are all 150kg plus and don't worry about it - I don't want that for my kids)
    6. So that my kids don't grow up with an unhealthy attitude to food
    7. So I can stop this - when i go out I look in the mirror and think "Yeplooks good" But when I get home after having compared myself to everyone else I look in the mirror and think "oh god you're a frumpy dag"
    8. To try and help the TTCing - it's been 12 months now maybe this will kickstart it a bit
    9. To feel better about being with my DH - with the lights on
    10. Cos I don't fail at anything and I'm certainly not going to start with something that I HAVE to do.

ETA Lucy I love reading your blog.

My list.
    1. To feel better about myself
    2. To actually look good now instead of hearing things like "wow you used to be really hot" (from my boss when looking at a photo from 8 years ago) and "wow mum you were really skinny then" (thanks Jess)
    3. To be able to fit into my old clothes again
    4. To be happy to have photos taken so that Riley will actually know I was there when he was growing up when he looks back later LOL.
    5. To be healthier
    6. Eat better and be a good role model for my kids
    7. To be able to wear sexy stuff for DH
    8. Feel better with the light on!! LOL
    9. Wear nice clothes
    Can't think of any more LOL
    Last edited by mrsmac; January 8th, 2008 at 10:44 AM.

Hmmmm reasons to loose weight...

1. To fit back into my clothes
    2. To feel re-energized
    3. To change my diet on a permanent basis to help educate my DS on healthy eating
    4. To loose that awful double chin
    5. To get fit so I can run up and down the stairs without getting puffed out and being an active mum
    6. I want to look like I work out - toned arms, belly and legs
    7. So my legs look awesome in my heels and short dresses when I'm out lol
    8. To be more confident in general
    9. To stop eating take away its costing me a small fortune and learn to cook healthy food
    10. To turn something negative into something positive

Well today I am pumping! I went to the gym this morning and since I have started I have lost 1.2 kgs. That's only small but most impressively I have lost 8 cms off of my waist So I was really happy with that. I also was given a new programme and I have graduated to all new machines which I am excited about. I really feel as though I'm going to work harder now. I also bought a pedometer to count how many steps I do. It keeps falling off lol and I only had it on half the day and I did close to 3kms!! WOW!

My gym plan is:
    Monday: Weights
    Tuesday: Cardio class
    Wednesday: Weights
    Thursday: Cardio class
    Friday: Weights

Ha Lucy I have a few of those people too. Except I already weigh less then them - I just want to widen the gap
    Last edited by Lea13; January 7th, 2008 at 08:36 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast