Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NYBTC Chatter Week #1

*** Thundering in, even on tip toes ****

Hello Ladies,

I need to lose 20kg, but 25kg would be great!!! I have set myself some 'rewards' on the fridge for every 5kg increment I lose, so that is giving me great motivation. I have previously had GREAT success at Weight Watchers, but my DH is living & working in China atm so it's sometimes impossible to get to the meetings with 2 children in tow & doing it from home doesn't have the same embarrassment factor when you stand on the scales! LOL. I have bought a 2nd hand caravan/trailer that goes onto the back of my bike & have been taking the kids for a ride to the park every morning & making myself chase after Jessica & lifting Claudia up & down to go onto the slide & then hopping back onto the bike to ride home.

Here are my 10 reasons to lose weight:

1. I want to be able to wear my sexy underwear again
    2. I want to feel good about myself
    3. I want my DH to be so proud of his wife
    4. I never want my children to say 'My Mummy has a fat tummy/legs/arms' etc...
    5. I need to do it for my health
    6. I want to be able to wear hot swimmers at the beach next summer
    7. I want to fit back into all the clothes I used to wear
    8. I want to be fit & energetic
    9. I want my confidence back
    10. I want to get a tattoo of my girls names on my back & have it look sexy not tacky

I look forward to getting to know you all! I have just read the last page & it sounds like lots of you girls are getting great results!

Love Jayne

Had a very bad day yesterday. I was going to blame my mum for baking the banana cakes, but no, it was me who ate it
    It shouldnt impact on my weightloss too much but it will throw me out ketosis (which is what TF is based around) so I'll lose less than I would hav and might get a headache in the next 48 hours!

what is ketosis rayray?

From Wiki:
    Ketosis is a stage in metabolism occurring when the liver converts fat into fatty acids and ketone bodies which can be used by the body for energy.

BAsically your body burns its fat stores for energy, so you arent as hungry and losing weight at the same time. ITs an extremely mild state of ketosis that TF puts you in to.

Hi Jayne - welcome!

OMG Ray I haven't heard that word since I was nursing - I nearly had a panic because ketosis can be very serious ie a ketotic coma...I was so glad of your last post phew! You nealry gave me a heart attack lol.

Well I haven't been really great hte last few days. I have had very bad gastro again - my docotr thinks it's giardia. I am soo tired I could shut my eyes and sleep anywhere. Then AF is over a week late. It's never ever late. My Dh was home in ealry Dec, but at the time I thought that was too late for O. AF came a couple of days early that cycle and was lighter. I have tested and got a BFN so
    However, pregnant or not I still want to be healthy so I'm still not going to eat crap, but I think I may cut back on exercising in the heat until AF shows....

Any thoughts?

The ketosis thing.......when we first started TTC (way way back in 2000) I did Atkins and lost STACKS of weight (nearly 30kg). This was when "no carb" was not "in vogue" at all and was frowned upon a fair bit to be honest. (But it worked well for me!) Anyway, I had these little wee sticks that you pee'd on to check if you were in ketosis.......it really kept me motiovated and on the straight & narrow! Maybe worth looking out for .........

(BTW, I managed to maintain that loss for a good few years...in fact, until my pregnancy with Olivia, despite going back to carbs by Feb 2003......)

Just wanted to mention TF isnt no-carb (I know you didn't mean that Lucy!).
    Its is low carb though, but at the minimum daily requirement or just above.

Ray I wasn't being awful, just that word brought back a lot of memories lol.

Just out of curiosity, what is the minimum requirement?

*lol* Kim. I have lots of friends who are nurses

I probably didnt phrase that correctly, there's not RDI for carbs but according to my dietician the amount TF includes (around 70-80gm a day) is sufficient for nutritional requirements.

cool thanks

Jodie259 Guest

I haven't been trying these last two weeks. I'm still getting the hang of being a mum of two kids. It's bloody hard work!

I've been eating like crap at nights (huge assortment of sweets)... and I've done no exercise at all.

The first week (last Tuesday) I didn't lose any weight at all (no surprise there).. so I was expecting the same today when I weighed myself.
    But low & behold... a loss of 1.5kg.

Now I imagine how well I can go if I put some effort into eating & exercise. Mmmmm... think I will try it.

I must admit... I've been living on "no sleep" for the last two weeks... and not always because of the kids. I've become obsessed about cleaning the house into the wee hours of the morning. Then the two kids take it in turns to cry.

I think I'll get the pram organised and go for a walk when Shelli wakes up. I'm inspired!

WTG Jodie

I am having an ok couple of days - food has been healthy choices but I am eating slightly more of it! Today wasn't great as I had a small snack for lunch really late (3pm) and was absolutely starving! Still hungry tonight so have eaten a bit much for dinner but DP and I did go walking for half an hour tonight (actually got the shakes from low blood sugar I think, not good). Will do better tomorrow and eat lunch on time no matter what is happening at work!

Kaz - did you check your 3kg loss yet?
    Welcome Jayne
    Kim - I hope you feel better soon mate! How long does Giardia take to leave your system? Could being sick be delaying AF?
    Jodie - fantastic! I wish I could lose weight with only half trying you lucky thing! (although am not sure about the workload with two young bubs and no sleep!!)

Time for a new thread found HERE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678