Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NYBTC Chatter Week #2

Default NYBTC Chatter Week #2

Welcome to the New Years Body Transformation Challenge Week #2.

I am loving the chatter that is happening. The motivation and support levels are going sky high!! So lets go crazy with exercise and healthy living lol!

This weeks articles:

Fitness Tips For Working Mums

Explaining BMI

This weeks MINI CHALLENGES

- 20 push ups and 20 sit ups DAILY
    - Take a regular activity that you do and give it a fitness twist! ie do lunges when watering the garden, get more physical and sweep the garden... the opportunities are endless!

Link to old thread HERE

Sorry the thread is up late!! How did everyone go with the Mini Challenges last week? Have we had any losses? Remember only weigh yourself ONCE a week!!! Continue chatting ladies...

I went to the gym this morning and worked my tail off!! This is going to be a good thing I think.

The gym had lots of duathlon/triathlon notices up - there is a doable triathlon in 6w - 300m swim, 10k ride, 3k run. I think the only really challenging thing for me would be the run - so I'm going to aim for this. By that date I want to be able to do 10k on the bike, and then 3k running on the treadmill. Mayeb I will sign up for it, but its $75 and that seems a little exorbitant!

And this afternoon I'm off to do 4hrs gardening, so that will be a good work out too

Whoa Fi, that is great work

I have decided that I DO have a spare hour in my day after all - Oliver wakes up for a feed about 6 - 6.30am and then Flynn usually isn't up til around 7.30-8am. So during that "quiet time" I can go out for a walk or a run (once I get fit LOL!) Because DH is a full time SAHD I don't even have to worry about leaving the boys

So that will be my challenge - to get out every morning for a walk/run - even if its for 20 minutes.

i have decided that as soon as it stops raining here ( which i hope won't be for another week at least - we need every drop we can get ) i am going to start walking the kids to school every day 5 km round trip though i might drive to pisk them up i could only imagine the walk home other wise ,,,, are we there yet i 'm tired i'm hungry etc etc

I am struggling to get the excersise I need.

Rory, I am envious that you can nip out for walks with DH still there to look after the boys........that was what I was doing whist DH was on annual leave, but now he is back at work and I am missing that opportunity...........

DH suggested last night an excersise bike or a treadmill for home, so I am going to investigate prices today. (I have a dread that a good one will be exy, and that a cheap one will be crappy.....so if anyone has any advice on this, let me know!)

Lucy.. I hear ya on the not enough exercise front... I have a x trainer & exercycle at home & STILL dont use them enough... started off good but... slipped down the sliding slope!!

Morning all.

Lea, are we supposed to send you our weights once a week?

Well I'm continuing with my C25K - have got a mum from MG to do it with me! Yay!

Pushups - hmmm, not good with my back, but the crunches are cool

Kaz - I think the first official weigh in and measurements is Feb 1st.

I have been so slack with exercise but am going to go to "strong and stable" today, which is kinda like pilates. The crazy gym lady who took the circuit class last week wanted me to do 1 legged squats, standing on the bench (I fall over doing squats with both legs on the ground...) with weights. I laughed at her! Had a go with no weights though and it was erally really hard but I did manage to not fall off!

Mmm I want a payrise so DH can be a SAHD.

Hey Everyone!!

I hope everyone is doing well.

My first question.. has anyone started doing those 8 minutes in the morning exercises that I sent through to some people?

I lost about 1kg last week. I am happy about that but I normally average about 1.3kg a week but had a few weeks off so I slowly getting in to the swing of things again. I am hoping to lose 2kg before the 3rd of Feb (my birthday!) so that is going to be my birthday present to myself

I havent started them yet, as I only installed the printer at home last night so I hadnt printed them off yet. WIll try tomorrow!

Jodie259 Guest

I know it was last weeks challenge... but here are my 10 reasons for wanting to lose weight:

1. So that I can fit into all my old clothes
    2. So that I can feel confident
    3. So that I can feel proud - and make my DH proud of me too
    4. So that I look good in photos.
    5. So that I will have plenty of energy to run around with my kids
    6. So that I will grow old to see my kids grow up (and hopefully have grandkids!)
    7. So I can finally say "no" to delicious foods that are presented to me
    8. So that I do not have to buy "tent tops". I would love to have a fitted white shirt that doesn't gape at the boobs
    9. So that my kids will not be embarrassed of me when they eventually go to school
    10. So that I can achieve what I have been trying to do for as long as I can remember - get to goal weight

Fi - $75 may be expensive - but it will make you more inspired to do it. Good on you for even thinking about it.
    Shazz - a 5km daily walk is great! Hope the weather clears up so you can get into it.
    Aurora - good on you for "finding" that time. I've got a million things that need to be done - but I've realised that I have to "find" at least 1/2 an hour a day - for ME. This is important.
    Lucy - you should consider hiring a bike or treadmill. Then if you don't use it regularly - it's not going to be lying around collecting dust. But if you do use it regularly - you can then invest in a good one - maybe a birthday or Xmas present.
    Kaz - great that you've got someone to do the C25K with you. It's so much easier when you are accountable to someone else.
    Mitch - if you've got some equipment... why not set yourself a mini goal. Say 10 minutes a day on one/both peices of equipment. 10 mins doesn't sound a lot - but that's more then an hours extra exercise a week. And if you did 15 minutes - that would be 1.5 hours!
    Ray - I hear ya about the SAHD. Although, I want to be rich enough that neither of us have to work!
    Veronica - congrats on the 1kg. 2kg by the 3rd Feb is do-able. But you have to be "good". Step up your exercise and watch what you eat. You'll be looking mighty fine for your birthday!

Ngala - I've started them. Been doing them religiously for a week now. Lol I do them while Darcy has her bottle in the quiet time after her bath. I've usually been for a walk before that so I'm warm. She must think I look ridiculous but I don't care much.

Ray - Pilates is great. Have you ever been before? You'll find belly muscles you never even dreamt of.

Lucy my mum hired a treadmill for the same reason a couple of years back. It did collect dust, so she didn't buy one, but sometimes the incentive is the money that you pay I guess, like a gym membership.

Rory good for you! That's a top idea. Around here everyone walks of a morning. It's such a beautiful time of day. I can't justify dragging a sleeping child out into it though.....maybe when DH gets home.

Kaz how are you finding the couch to 5K?

Shazz that sounds like a good idea. Even 3 times a week would be a benefit.

Fi, wow that's certainly a challenge! Good luck with it.

Nat I did last weeks challenges thankyou. And I will continue with them. Once upon a time I could bang out pushups with the best of them....wonder how long it will take me to get back to 'real' ones now???? Mind you then I could benchpress 30kgs too

Got me a free months trial on a Orbitrek Elite machine..........

Fi - the triathalon sounds good. I want to do a group tiralthalon, but the swimming leg is always so short. I want a 3km swim, 300m run and 10k bike ride! *lol*

Jodie259 Guest

Well done Lucy - how did you score that????

I've finally got the kids to sleep. Trying to motivate myself for another boxing session. Mmmm... 10pm.
    Heap of bookwork & filing to do (got a reminder from the accountant today).
    But - I have to do it. For me. And to work off the Pizza Hut pizza I just ate... Ooops.

Hi girls, i havent really been on the thread much lately however just wanted to say that i've now lost 3kgs! in 2.5weeks so i'm very happy with myself... just healthy eating and not snacking on garbage foods like chocolate anymore. used to eat choc daily!

I haven't really been exercising like i would like to but we have been doing very long hrs at work so it's hard we come home tired besides i have a physical job at work as it is (carrying and lifting all day so its like going to the gym!).

I had a couple of drinks last night and tonight because my AF came and that was my incentive! i felt i deserved a few drinks of rum! lol (diet coke!) so back to it tomorrow, no more drinkies after this last one now....

Hope you are all going really well

Lucy that is awesome! How did you manage that?

Arghhh this is the second time I've tried to post today and been interuppted!! Em is still up after a late nap and now wants to play lol. Which makes posting hard!

I tried an RPM class this week and it wasn't too bad! You def feel it in the thighs! I am going again tomorrow *eek* Weight work is still going well - lifting heavier and heavier now. I am finding that one arm is weaker then the other at times lol which makes it hard!!!

I tried push ups today and I got till 11 lol... that was after my work out though. Will try first thing in the morning and see how many I can do in a row!

Good luck girls... will be back into post better tomorrow!!

Lea - see RPM isnt that bad hey!! Just think of those leg and butt muscles you will soon get!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast