Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NYBTC Chatter Week #3 & #4

Default NYBTC Chatter Week #3 & #4

Welcome to the New Years Body Transformation Challenge Week #3.

I am loving the chatter that is happening. The motivation and support levels are going sky high!! So lets go crazy with exercise and healthy living lol!

This weeks article is:

Walking for Weightloss

This weeks MINI CHALLENGES

- work out what 10% weightloss from your start weight is & decide on a reward when you reach that goal

- 3 power walks for at least 20 minutes

Link to old thread HERE

How did everyone go with the Mini Challenges last week? Have we had any losses? Remember only weigh yourself ONCE a week!!! Continue chatting ladies...

I am so impressed with my mini challenge this week. I detest push ups... my arms are so weak! When I started going to the gym I could do perhaps 3 in a row? At the beginning of the mini challenge last week I surprised myself by doing 11! And by the end of the week I got to the full 20 YAY! Even my instructor today noticed I could keep up better with the class on push ups!

For the fitness twist... um I kept up with my old ones. Watering with a bucket, lunges when hanging up the washing, running up and down the stairs lol.

I hit a real flat spot last week. I have been so so tired. I have been trying to get to bed earlier but its not happening. I have decided to start taking Berocca again to help. Also 2 days a week I was going to the gym twice a day so I'm going to cut that out this week and see how I go.

I am cheating and counting my walk last night as part of this weeks challenge. So I only have 2 more weeks to go!

Tracey YAY on the weightloss. How did the interview go?

Kaz That is a fantastic focus to have! I keep trying to do that as well. Focus on how I have improved and not the relapses lol. Yay for the loss!

Mitch OMG 12 kms! WTG girl!

Veronica It could be muscle gain for sure! You're doing great at the gym! I have trouble over the weekends too!

Shazz I hope that back of yours is okay.

Alright I'm hungry so I'm off to cook something nice and healthy!!!

Hey ho.

No pushups here, but was concentrating on my core strength with the ball (doing the plank). Ab work is OK, but haven't developed into the habit yet!

Forgot to weigh myself - will do so tomorrow ...

Have a good one all!
    Kaz

I tried the pushups only managed to do 12 but that was the end result.. when I start I could only do 6. I've been doing crunches I don't want to push myself too far when it comes to my ab workout as I don't want to stress the hernia.
    I forgot to post on Monday but I lost 3.7kg soo excited and I have now worked out a food diary and planned my meals for the next week. I have at lease3kg to lose B4 the 16 feb which is my 21st.
    Congrats to everyone who has lost weight... Keep up the good work everyone.

Oh Nat, you are such a good girl.

Embarrassingly i have the capacity to do the pushups - but didn't. I have fallen so badly off this last couple of days...and my parents are coming for the weekend so I doubt things will improve....

I so want this, I really should pull my finger out. I didn't even write down what I ate today I was so horrified.

WTG Tyige that's brilliant!

My walking seems to be paying off.........we have a Daddy in our Mummys group. He said to me today........."Lucy, where has your arse gone? Those pants are hanging off you" LOVE HIM!!

The job interview went well but I think it is a case of hurry up and wait - a lot of people are still on hols and it may take some time. I am also quite expensive and may have to look at lowering my rates.....we will see.

I have lost 1 kilo this week - not bad after a few days in Sydney. I had a few champers and my usual room serivce club sandwhich and chips...but that was it. I didn't drink at every meal - I didn't eat junk at any other meal - I drank water and I even did a run on the treadmill.....very pleased with myself.

I really noticed the exerise speed up the metabolism - we really have to move our butts....eating less just isn't enough!!

Mind you, I was sooooo stressed with the stock market yesterday - has totally wiped out all my profit from last year and I was beginning to lose capital so I was feeling real sick in my stomach!! I just wanted to sell and run like everyone else but it isn't in my game plan........but it was so hard not to. I think the nerves and stress may have contributed to my weight loss as I couldn't even eat properly. I was so miz that I treated myself to a koko black hot chocolate and after half of it wanted to throw up so I dumped it in the bin.......

Today, however, the US market has stabilised, the UK market is up and so hopefully, ours will stabilise and go up today......

Am now going out to do more exercise......

Leah,

I was on the previous thread and when I clicked next thread it just took me back to the beginning of the same thread. I had to get here using the email you sent out.

Tracey they are predicting at 10% rebound on our stock market today so lets hope so. I hate watching my super disappear. At least I'm still earning credits

DH just assembled my new excersise bike earlier on this morning.........

I just rode it for 30 mins! Am totally knackered........have a right sweat up!

I walked 16,000 steps today - walked Pip down to childcare, walked back to go to the docs, was starting to walk back when DF rang to ask where I was, he was waiting outside the childcare so came picked me up, so I would have done the 20,000 if I just walked there and not back. Darnit!

Very hungry, I think though I've drunk over 2L of water today (bloody UTI grrrr) and waiting for DF to wake up before I reheat dinner.

Oh goodness, have to say this - DF thinks he's fitter than I. He definately has less % body fat than I do ... the plan this arvie was for me to walk to childcare with the dog, he'd walk back from childcare with the bub and dog. I can now walk up our hill (very, very steep!) and he doesn't notice I've just walked up it cause my face isn't red etc any more - he's now asleep and still sweating like a pig from the walk up the hill!

WoOHOOO!

Well done Kaz and Lucy! and LOL at your DH Kaz

Tracey - I hope the market recovered a bit today.....stress is good for weight loss but nothing else

I actually went for a walk yesterday afternoon with the dog - for 45 mins - I tried to walk quickly - not normally a problem with our dog - but I had to stop and slow a couple of times because lots of other people were out with their dogs (and some dogs were spotted without people even!). The dog is not social unless you're a human and if you're another dog she goes into complete attack mode so it's best to keep the distance and avoid the drama!

Last weeks physical challenges did not occur at all for me and my own fault. I started tracking my food again on Saturday (after stopping after the first week of posting it here). I didn't really do the emotional thing but I already know I eat more when lonely, bored, procrastinating or upset about something and managed to avoid eating too much when that occurred. I tried a completely new recipe. Can't remember the other challenges which means I probably didn't do them

I am going to be good and count yesterdays walk as only 1 powerwalk and try to make myself do another two. Not sure how I will reward myself for a 10% loss - that sounds a bit sad really but will give it some thought. I think getting back into some smaller sized clothes will actually be a massive reward in itself

Kaz - (still weird!) - put $20 in a "losing weight" piggybank and then when you get to your goal weight - spend! (saw this in this months' Womens' Health)

I know someone who has persuaded her hubby to give her $50 for every kilo lost.............lucky divil!

I might bribe my DH with $5 per kilo I reckon that would be enough.
    I sat down and worked out he is allowed 30 WW points, which is huge, so I am going to talk him into it. Its half again what my allowance is!

I walked the long way home from the bus today. I started my new job and the bus stop is around the corner, but when I got off it, instead of walking under the road near the bus stop & then coming back on the road on the other side to walk home), I walked under the road and continued along the "brook" and then crossed the little bridge over the "brook" and then walked home - it took me about 20 mins. I was sweaty when I got home.

DH & I will start going bike riding together when he gets home for good, it will be outside the challenge but at least it will be something we can do together.

For those Brissy girls that know the northside, I got off the bus on Gympie Road (before Stafford Rd just by Kedron Brook - near Emergency Services building), walked under the bridge (Gympie Rd), then walked along Kedron Brook until the football grounds & crossed there and walked the 2 streets home.

Well done Schaz - building in exercise as part of every day or week is a great way to make sure it gets done!

LOL girls at the thought of earning money for every kilo lost (especially $50 - my first thought was that you could get close to goal weight and just keep losing and gaining the same kilo Unfortunately, the DP has said no to that one

Kaz - (I agree its weird) that's a good idea and will give me spare cash to get what I decide because I'm at least 4-5 weeks away from saying I have lost 10%.

well for the last 2 days I've been trying the meal replacement drinks, yesterday I had some and I felt a bit ikky but didn't think anything of it, today I had one for breakfast & one for lunch and my belly is bloated and I'm feeling really sick - so there goes the idea of using meal replacements until I can do an order for the ones I usually have. So I've not exercised this afternoon because I keep on feeling like throwing up!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast