Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NYBTC Chatter Week #2

Schaz.....stress does send us silly sometimes but whatever it is, I hope it is over soon!!

Had a job interview today - here's hoping.....but it is a big role that is almost scary........real funny going for an interview when I had no idea what the role was!!! It went well but they have to interview others as well......kep your fingers crossed for me ladies!!!

Lost .5 this week.....happy with that.....now, just have to get through the weekend in Sydney without too much booze and food........fortunately, I am not a big drinker but this crowd is tough - it is party city and my husband usually has a hangover every day for a week.......luckily he isn't trying to lose weight.....he calls it liquid carboloading for marathon running.......very licky I am only going to be there for 2 nights!!

Hey girls,

Good luck with the job Tracey. Were you talking about dried ginger earlier - like dried fruit? I love dried fruit but I think only 1 or 2 tbs is equal to a regular piece of fruit because of all the sugar. I tend to ignore it in the isle because if it's in the cubboard its in my mouth lol!

Schaz - I think you're "lucky" (iykwim) to have only done the emotional eating thing once and you identified what it was straight away so well done! I am definitely an emotional eater - when bored, lonely, angry, upset etc. My DP is away at the moment (only for a few days) but being alone in the house for a few days and over the weekend especially is a bit of a dangerous time for me because I will eat just for something to do. I am online now to procrastinate until dinner time (and plan to cook something rather than whatever is easiest the minute I got home from work). Hope you can work it out on the phone with DH or over the long weekend.

After my apparent 0.5kg gain the other day I have not been back near the scales and decided to concentrate more on the good things I am doing and the 'bad' things I am not doing. The things I am not eating as of 01.01.08 really cheered me up so here they are: I am not eating chocolate, doritos chips, jelly beans, cake, 2-4 slices of bread per day, huge meals, creamy or cheesy pasta meals, fried food like hot chips, peanut butter or McDonalds. It made me feel much better.

Good Luck Tracey!!! Fingers Crossed. And no you are the only one. I'm loving being on my own. Makes me feel enabled I have to say.

That's a great way to think of it Kaz

Just poping in to say, I hope you are al behaving this weekend LOL...

I went for a 12km walk this morning... took 1 hr 58 mins... walked to my SILs.... then got DH to meet me there with DD & drive me home LOL...

Then I even got motivated enough to to a 10 min cycle this evening before dinner too LOL....

But I must confess that I am currently on my 3rd vodka with cola LMAO..... probably just undid all the good I did this morning !!!! but never mind.....think I will take DD to the local pool tomorrow.... & maybe get DH to watch DD while I go for another walk !!!!!... or just get on my exercise machines in peace & go fo it!!!!
    Last edited by *mitch*; January 19th, 2008 at 07:09 PM.

mmmmm vodka with coke sounds good

Well done Mitch!

Lol all my good intentions have gone out the window. The cooler weather here (after it has been 40 for over a week) brought the rain no going outside for us. I've been chasing Darcy around this afternoon though literally. She thought it was a great game lol.

owie owie owie LOL... I think my body is not happy about yesterdays walk ... I can feel muscles I didnt even know I had!!!!!!.... Think today is gonna have to be a rest day LOL...

*waddles off to make breakfast*

I'm about to crawl back into bed, but when I surface properly then I'm going to walk up and get the paper - about a 20 min walk - uphill on the way there.

I did about 30 mins of gardening yesterday, lopping the hedge at the front of the house, today will be lopping 2 other bushes and mowing a 1/4 acre (1,000m2) block. Then I'm going to clean while our houseguest is putting the hose onto the turbo in my car so I can drive it again!

Schaz you sound busy!
    Kim - it's been raining here as well which is disappointing as weekends are my time to get in some exercise usually!
    Mitch - in previous weight loss efforts I have also drunk vodka and diet coke and it didn't stop me losing. I am sure that a few drinks will not undo a whole 2 hours of walking (WTG!) especially if you can feel it today.

I am having an ok weekend re: food. I have started to keep an eye on calories as of yesterday which I have never done before. I have also started leaving a glass on the kitchen bench and every time I go to the toilet (I have to walk though the kitchen to get there), I have a glass on my way back. Yesterday, even with a big sleep in I got through my 8 glasses well before dinner time!!

Just popped in to say that I've lost 2kg in the first week and a half!!
    woo hoo! 2 down 13 to go!

Oh well done Rhianon!

No gym this weekend - waitressing for 12 hours yesterday (including 2 broken glassses and plenty of squats..... and then another 5hrs today to back it up.
    I'm knackered!! No need to diet and exercise..... just get through the day!

My 0.5kg gain midweek turned into a 0.5kg loss this morning (for the whole week)!! YAY!

I know it's not much compared to some of you who are losing an amazing 2 or 3 kgs a week but I am happy not to have kept that gain and this makes 2.8kg over the past 3 weeks for me. If I can maintain a loss of approx 1kg a week I will be one happy chicky! Also I have learnt my lesson about not getting on the scales every day.......

Hope you all have a great day!
    Last edited by ~Kaz~; January 21st, 2008 at 06:20 AM.

Kaz a loss is a loss. .5kg is a very nice amount, and often more gradual weightloss stays off
    I am having a terrible week so far. I'm here at work, while my shakes are at home so have no choice but to go off program for the day. Yesterday was my cousins kitchen tea, I dont want to go in to it but I went home feeling sick and ended up in bed by 8pm. So the plan was back on track today but now I'm stuck at work with no food

Hey Everyone!!

Dont know how I managed it but I have gained 0.5kg!! I guess that might have something to do with a lil bit of takeaway over the weekend. I had my last half of the scuba diving course and was too tired to make dinner on Saturday night. I did manage to make dinner last night tho. But I think I have had enough take away over the last few weeks that last me a while.

I went to the gym today but only did 20mins of bike and 15mins on abs because the rest of me is too sore from all the heavy tanks and stuff. Hpoefully going to bodystep tonight

Congrats to everyone that have had losses!! I am still hoping to lose 2kg by the 3rd of feb, not sure how I will go with that..

hi every body
    i have been upping my exercise little by little my back is still very sore so i have to be careful what i am doing
    so every night i try for 10 minutes of full on bike flat out the whole time most of the time i can get to 2.7 km i'm hoping for a big improvement over the coming weeks i've been doing my sit ups but can't do the push ups ( darn back ) and i have been doing squats and dancing with ryan ( which he thinks is very funny and i'm sure it does look rather ridiculous seeing as i'm so unco )
    i didn't get a chance to weigh in today but i think i may have had a gain this week i've been really norty some days

Great news Kaz!

Well done Shazz!

Ngala, your weight gain may be muscle from all the extra gym and lifting gear etc....

Kim I was going to say exactly the same thing about Veronica's gain!! With all that exercise it is likely muscle going on (I didn't have that excuse last week as I hardly move at all ).

RayRay - I hope your day got better yesterday and that today you got back on track. It sounded really frustrating

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast