Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #5

thanks heaps for the help,
    I really should pay more attention to the different options but I'm a drive my car till it stops kind of girl rather than checking the oil, guess I proved that this week hee,hee,hee!!!!

well DH is home but has gone out on a fire call (is also a volunteer firefighter) so I'm cruising around here thinking seriously about going to bed though as I have been really tired this week, but I keep getting side tracked with the posts (nothing new here though either)

got my car back today $230 later and a reconditioned alternator, so I'll have to give mums new mazda 2 back......sob on loosing the air conditioning.
    wouldn't give you 2cents for the car though... I can walk faster up some hills than it can drive.

We are hoping to get a new Mazda 6 wagon (diesel, as DH and my dad's hobby is to make biodiesel)
    and it will definately have aircon.

glad it's friday had one of those days today where all of my children were hurting each other and arguing and p@@ping all over the place
    the flies were horrible today you know the ones that are always aiming for your mouth and nose (one flew up Paige's nose you should have seen the expression on her face)
    but all is right with the world again for I am home and it is a weekend!!!!

I got roses for Valentines day and then felt so bad because I didn't get DH anything (we decided years ago or so I thought to celebrate our anniversary in march instead)

our trip to Melbourne has been post phoned for a month or so I'm a little disappointed as I really wanted to get away for a bit but I think I'll stil take at least a week off work around this time anyway.
    yep that's pretty much it in the world of Allie, at this point in time!!

About to head off to bed too.

Ouchies on the bill, but glad you are getting a new car.

Yep, have days like this at my work too - generally when it's windy and the kids have had enough of each other. Not usually an issue with flies so much - poor Paige!

Aww - I read this in the other thread - maybe he just missed you? I did this one year too - DH got me a card and I forgot. Haven't really celebrated since...

Have a good night Allie - goodnight Tarkine and everyone else out there!

night to you too, hun catch you soon

Went to a GF's for lunch today.. she has left her safe and secure job and is out making money on her own.. mind you she has some investments behind her(but not a lot).. and she is riding a bike around etc and looks like a million dollars!!

it was so lovely sitting on the front porch just talking... what a relaxing way to spend the afternoon.

Sorry not at all donor conception related, but since I'm in a holding pattern til 28th march, I don't really have anything to contribute any of the BB forums, except hugs and best wishes...

Tarkine
    we're always happy to hear what your up to honey, conception wise but also just your life in general, that's what were here for, yay for your friend!!!! it sounds like shes's doing exactly what she wants and doing it well, it is good to see isn't it? (I"ve just realised that I use a lot of exclaimation marks in my posts I JUST LUV EM!!!!!!LOL!!!!!)

Gosh Tarkine,

I think if someone told me to restrict myself to donor conception info half my posts would be banned!

That's excellent news for your friend and great that you got to catch up.

I've had a 'wonderful' day of unpacking boxes - stupidly had a glass of Pepsi hence the late night. However I'm glad I can find my books again - and I don't have as many plastic containers as I thought!

Blizz, this is for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (

must be something in the air, not just the pepsi, finished here at 2:30am this morning too!!!(gosh it gets quiet here after 12am) Know I'll pay for in today but just wasn't tired at all
    I can feel a nanna nap might be in order a bit later on.
    well I can here a chorus of "Muuu-mmmm-yyyyyyy's" comming from Paiges room and they're getting more frantic so that's my cue talk later

Ended up finally getting off the computer at 3.30am and eventually going to sleep at 5.30am!!

I slept until 10am - then made myself get up.

DH and I hae been mowing lawns, sweeping and trimming hedges so I am VERY tired - but I'm refusing to have a Nana nap as I will get into the same pattern.

Feeling very nervous about going back to work tomorrow. Throat is still a little sore and glands are still up, but enoughs enough - time to go back. I'll just take it a little easier, that's all...

oh honey you take it easy tomorrow, I'm sure it will be fine, for some reason I'm dreading tomorrow as well, probably because we were out of control busy on Friday
    and I have to start work at 6:30 (should really have had that nanna nap)

Well girls, I had a nanna nap for both of you. I asked DH to wake me up after an hour (I'm a serial 3+ hour nanna nap sleeper) and he did, and I just laid on the bed soaking up the glorious feb weather we have been having here.. looking out into the garden and dozing.... DH came in later on and woke me up and had tea cooked (knock me over with a feather!)

I should get a blog to put my rantings into but like my facebook and myspace pages before me, I just can't be bothered (and I always write the wrong things anyway!!)

you can't say the wrong things in your own blog sweety, I've got hooked after reading some of the other blogs including Gargy's,
    good to hear from you Tarkine, I'm starting to regret not having had that nanna nap today don't think I'll be here to long tonight I have an early start in the morning.
    I've been at a bit of a loose end today DH has been working all weekend and I thought he was home early today when he walked in the door at 4:30 but it was only for a quick visit as the boys all went out for tea and drinks (more of the later I'd say) after the rally, bless their cotton socks!!!!!!Still no sign of him...he'd better not cuddle up and tap me on the shouldre tonight, he might get frost bite....LOL
    I'll talk to you girls a bit more Tuesday night if your around as DH has one more night at home before going back to work didn't really want to see him anyway

Tarkine,

Nothing like a Sunday afternoon snooze....mmm...snooozing....

Blizz,

Poor you - sounds like DH needed some boy time! Oh well, hopefully you are getting some quality time together tonight!

As for me:

I kept DH awake last night voicing my concerns - he drifted off around midnight after we had been talking for an hour and I finally went to sleep around 1am (so much for my theory of making myself tired).

I survived today although I had one student say 'what's wrong with your voice Miss?' as it kept on cutting out.

My manager was very concerned and very kind towards me - although I still feel as if I am being judged by others. Not sure how to fix this. Also found out that my old HT (now DP) is in hospital with deep vein thrombosis - scary, but lucky the clot was there and not in his heart or chest!

We went to the FS this afternoon - the appointment was delayed by 45 mins (originally we were going to reschedule but the receptionist said someone else had cancelled so he shouldn't be any longer than 15 mins). However I'm glad we went in.

I am convinced that IVF is the way to go. However we are not emotionally nor financially ready at the moment to go again now, so both DH and I want to delay until August. This will also mean that we can enjoy B2 + 2SIL's baby before starting again.

I am so tired. I hope I can sleep tonight!

Gargy, Glad the talk with the FS went well, despite the delay. Might be worth your while going into the IVF clinic and finding out about the costs etc. I know with the CFC, you pay the gap between what medicare covers and what they charge, rather than having to pay the thing upfront and then get it back from medicare.

I'm stick struck down with gastro at the moment.. went to work this morning, almost barfed at the smell of someone's coffee and came home... am going to be very glad when it gets out of my system!

Sorry Tarkine to hear that you are not well - I hope you get better soon.

Unfortunately the FS was quite clear that we pay everything up front when he went through the charges. We can do it, but not right at the moment straight after the move and the last IUI.

The forum looks rather snazzy doesn't it! We get our own little section now! Actually I think it makes a lot of sense being set up this way.

I'm also pleased to report that I've had a great day. Firstly a good lesson this morning, then a fun sporting afternoon. I'm now coaching girls in yr 7 and 8s(Housesport) in - of all things:

AFL

(ROFL!!!)

DH thought it was hilarious as well. I have deliberately ignored all aspects of AFL because DH is so passionate about Carlton. So to get the rules I had to send an emergency email to DH as well as look it up on the internet (thank goodness for Wikipedia!!)

However it was a really great afternoon - the girls really tried hard and had a lot of fun! I also felt a little happier about being there too.

Hope eveyone else out there is travelling ok...

dear Tarkine...sending you some get well vibes (i'll keep just a couple for myself to help get over this head cold,it has sarted effecting my asthma) hope you feel better soon I know how awful gastro is (i get it reguarly in my job)

Gargy sounds like a really productive day, that's great!!!
    I can't believe that was your FS's response to the question of payment, I mean I know they are in business but it is such a sensitive area,
    can you relocate to Tassie for a while? my FS is the opposite of that, when we first met him and discussed our IVF options DH mentioned his concern about the cost and our DR said "don't worry, we just want to help families and we don't mind if you need to pay off your treatments" It is obviously a very different approach to other areas I guess that is a major benefit of living in Tassie

Well I'm still trucking in the TWW no sign of AF (touch wood) have just been continuing with normal life and trying not to think about things too much.

I had a good day today too, we had a little boy start with us today who has cerebal Palsy, and I hate to admit it but I was a little nervous about working with him as in my 12 years I haven't had to work with anyone with a major disability but it went so much better than I expected, he is the most adorable little man with a constant HUGE smile and is personality plus think he'll do well.

DH has gone back on N/S this week so I may be a little more emotional than usual
    have hardly seen him this week/weekend.and I've got three more days of early starts (the rest of the week with Paige in tow)
    I have no firm plans for the weekend but I think I'll be again taking it easy to try to get both of us over this bug without resorting to antibiotics.

Sending get well vibes to you too Blizz.

Actually our clinic has a reputation for being very much a business - to the point my GP was gently pointing me elsewhere without actually saying it (the ob/gynae he referred me to just happens to work for the other company), however I am very happy with my FS and don't want to move at this stage. But it's always in the
    back of my mind.

Fantastic news about - have everything crossed for you and sending you heaps of

Isn't it nice when something you are fearful of turns out fine! I'm glad the little man has such a good personality!

Sort of got the impression that DH was slightly absent last weekend and it was getting a little upsetting for you (sorry if that impression is wrong!)

Definitely look after yourself and Paige - again, get well soon.

your impression was fairly right in regards to DH, I'm still getting used to not seeing him for large chunks of time and this time around it just felt horrible, don't get me wrong I definately don't begrudge him doing things for himself It's not even an issue usually he's done this car rally for many years previously, I'm just not used to being away from him as until his new job he'd rarely been away at all I JUST MISS HIM!!!
    I also try to stop myself but sometimes I feel a little resentful of the fact that he just isn't here to help with Paige and I feel awful for thinking it because I know he's not living away from us by choice and he doesn't like that part of the job,
    I just find it really hard to juggle full time work, looking after the home and coming home to Paige as well.I really don't know how single parents cope other than the fact that they just have to, that's how I feel at the moment, that I just have to!!!!
    Things are starting to get better though now that Paige is sleeping through on most nights, I think I'm also a tad emotional and I've got a weeks holiday coming up that I may stretch to two weeks as it backs on to the easter holiday, think I'm just run down and feeling sorry for myself.

I feel for you - the only thing I can liken this to is when DH had a second job/was doing too much at uni - but he still was around.

I can believe that you would be missing him and feeling that you are soldiering on.

Will you be spending more time together when you take your holidays?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast