Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #6

ooohhhh does DH realise that is major need to make it up behaviour messing with Saturday morning sleep in is definately not good practice let me see......a couple of romantic dinners out to expensive resteraunts with your choice of wine ....hhmmmn a nice expensive red...I can reccomend ninth island pinot think it's about $30 dollars a bottle (probably more over there???) or actually Janz vintage champaigne....oooohhh yummy...even better....that's our anniversary drink (both Tassie drops)
    DH has got some major schmoozing to do me thinks??????
    good to hear you had a good day
    how did your tests go?

wow, just checked out my spelling, not good, just ignore as I'm not going to change think my CBB'S are spreading any way it is friday night so I think we all deserve a break (I should still read before I post I guess I'm just being really lazy)

I growled at him but he went and rearranged his room in preparation for tomorrow so I don't think he took much notice (sigh...)

Liver function was fine but the 'bad' fats were slightly on the high side.

Iron levels were fine but slightly on the low side. This is scary because I take iron tablets...

Now realising that you were talking about the Depression test last night (sigh, I have been doing this all day).

My score was a moderate level, enough to be referred to a counsellor.

The GP did suggest someone but he only works on a Friday during the day, which doesn't really suit me at all.

So I'll talk to my IVF counsellor about whether she knows anyone. I see her again on the 17th.

Going to log off now - going to watch the end of the TV we've taped and then head off to bed.

Goodnight all!

Well the desk arrived at 6.30am...I had planned to stay up and do some housework but decided to head straight back to bed. I only got up half an hour ago! We've got to be at my brother's place in an hour and I am still in my jammies. Oh well, it's at least around the corner.

sounds fair to me with a 6:30 desk delivery I would be in my jamies still as well,
    DH did the....... get home and push me over in bed thing, again last night, 3:00am must be getting used to it as he didn't scare the [email protected] out of me this time (hope no prospective burgalars are cruising BB or they will know an easy target when they see one....heck I'd probably hold back the covers for them to climb in to bed I'm getting so used to DH's middle of the night antics)
    good to know your test results mean you can push forward to some help honey

hope you have a great day we are having a lazy day but will have to head off to buy food and a birthday pressie for my nephew we are having his birthday party in hospital tonight (he's OK just needs to have a 2 week course of IV antibiotics.)
    talk to you soon sweets

Hi all my other DC lovelies hope all's well with everyone, I will be back soon to catch up with you all but off to spend some time with DH

Blizz,

PMSL about a burglar crawling into bed with you!

Have updated my blog and have written in a few other places so have a read to see how my weeks been...

Actually I am really tired again - I've decided from a very emotion packed week, so may be heading back to bed again soon.

Tarkine,

How you going?

Hi to everyone else too!

I've never been soo excited in my life waiting for AF to visit. Just humming along, pulled up the vegie garden, will get the manure on there soon.

Blizz... I'm surprised there is any room in the bed with the dog in there.. i have the same problem with two cats - its a race to the bed each night - whoever gets there first claims their space, then the last one (usually DH) has to do with what's left ** insert evil laugh here** he deserves it! going to bed at 6am in the morning!!

Gargy... glad to hear the test came back ok... Good on you for seeing a counsellor.. its nice sometimes just to talk with someone about stuff.

Take care.. love to you all.. yippeee!!! daylight savings is over and we get an extra hour in our weekend!!

Tarkine,
    lets hope for the first and only time we say roll on AF, then tell her it's OK to take a holiday for say 9mths at least???? good to hear you have had a productive weekend I have had extreme exhaustion (probably a result of not doing ANYTHING)
    we have planned a big weekend for the anzac day long weekend as DH will be off, we are going to make a big start in to cleaning up our backyard (it has been on hold for long enough the time has come to put the ferals that live here ie.US!!!! too work)
    have even organised a baby sit for Paige for one whole day so we can crack on and get a lot done hopefully
    talk soon Allie xxx

Tarkine,

Sounds like a productive time! Good on you for gracefully waiting. Roll on AF I say too!

Why is DH going to bed at that time? Is he a gamer or is he on shift work (or should I know that already and I am having a blank moment??)

You know, you are right - sometimes it is good just to talk things through. Just need to find someone, that's all.

Blizz,

I have the same exhaustion from doing nothing - so I can relate! I really had to push myself to get a load of washing done - and still have to hang up all the shirts. I've slept a LOT this weekend - but also the sleep has been interrupted (I was up again at 2.30 and watched the time change over). However I still feel a lot better.

DH and I have similar plans for the ANZAC long weekend - he has the Thursday and Friday off beforehand too. Part of me wants to go away, part of me wants to get things done around here, so not sure what will happen.

Actually - strike that - just remembered DH HATES driving back from anywhere on a long weekend, so looks like a organisational time. Ah well, it will be good to have the house in order.

Just waiting for dinner to cook - a roast - and getting the energy to hang the last of these clothes.

But doing a lot better - not feeling the heavy sadness so much, which is a good thing!

Gargy.. how was the roast? DH owns an international software company - all the work is done online and the majority of the clients are in the northern hemisphere, so when they are at work, he should be asleep!! He's also a gamer which I'm sure doesn't help things - although his gamer days are now limited - no more all weekend lan parties for him - too busy working! We are in negotiations about me taking over more of the work - the pay is better than my day job, and it is much more stimulating and challenging work .. and I love a challenge!

Blizz and ya all..

Love ya all

well AF arrived today.. so the first blood test and the start of the nasal spray starts on the 21st April.. I rang them two weeks ago and we were mooting around the date of AF starting on the 9th - it has never started when I expected it to..and low and behold.. it starts!!

When I rang CFC, they said that I was fortunate enough to ring when I did, another few days and they would not have been able to fit me in this month - apparently a few drs are going away on conferences (or something).

Hope everyone else is travelling well

Yay Tarkine your on your way forward, how exciting!!!!
    all is well here DH has headed off on day shift starting tomorrow morning and he will be home Tuesday.
    I am starting work at 6:30am for this week and next so have been feeling a bit fatigued of a night and have been heading to bed early.
    Feeling fine (a little too fine, starting to worry again) am having a scan on Wednesday next week so fingers crossed that all is ok and it is just my overactive imagination giving me a hard time.
    how is everybody else travelling in our little thread?
    all well I hope.
    had staff meeting Monday night didn't get home till 9:00 and still had to pack for following day and what is worse is that nothing of importance was covered at the meeting it really frustrates me when I give my time and it is wasted on trivial stuff.
    Need to have a cook fest this weekend DH is working over the weekend and Paige has taken one look at the chicken mornay for tea and shook her head
    (she's been eating the same thing for alternate meals for the last couple of weeks so can't really blame her, Paige had a bowl of Cheerios for tea instead)
    well better head off to do my nightly routine I will try to pop back in before I head to bed but I won't be up too late tonight it is way too hard to get moving in the mornings otherwise....I am so NOT a morning person.
    Love to all Allie

Excuse me ladies. May I join?

I'm Bat. I've been around here, but as DH & I are about to start our next journey (donor conception) I thought it was time to start fresh.

We've been TTC for 5 1/2yrs (2 1/2 of ICSI). 4 stims & 4 FETs later, we still have no BFP, let alone a live birth. We were planing on doing PGD, but DHs karyotype came back with some bad results. That means we move on to using a donor.

It's exciting, but at the same time nerve racking.

I hope to learn a little about the donor world from you all & hope we can all have our dreams come true.

Bat.

hey batcoat(what a cool user name) you are more than welcome to join our little group, we are few, but we provide great support for each other.
    Look forward to chatting to you more, I need to pop out to do my banking for a while and pay some bills so I will pop in later for a chat, If not tonight then definately tomorrow night, Allie

PS how goes AF Tarkine hope she is being kind to you?
    Gargy, all ok? haven't heard from you for a little while?
    Hi to Allie and everyone else

Welcome Bat. of course you can joint.

Feel free to poistn anything about the donor world here.

Blizz.. can't really blame Paige for turning up her nose at the mornay (although i love it myself). Take care of yourself!

to everyone else

:woot: oohhhh how cute I just noticed our new smilies (is it just me or are some not showing up in the listings?

OMG...I am in shock, I just had a phone call from my sil to tell me that their house burnt down today, completely down, (this is the same sil who is in hospital at the moment with my nephew with CF), They really seem to have the worst luck around and I am just so devestated for them I really don't know what to say.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast