Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #7

Also hoping that the levels come back up quickly Tarkine.

Dusty - brilliant news on the embryos!!

Having some issues with my family and an upcoming baby shower

However have had a great day today and got all my work done in preparation for the PT night tomorrow night, so I'm feeling happy!

Take care everyone!

Hi all,
    just checking in quickly, hope we are all travelling OK, I have been under a fair amount of stress today due to issues at work and am now sporting a killer headache, am thinking seriously about having tomorrow off, just about past my threshold for stress and worry, will see how I pull up in the morning I guess.
    We haven't been told anything 'officially' about mum but my SIL rang up tonight and said she saw a piece of paper on the nurses desk that had fronto temporal dimensia written on it and after she googled it she told me about the symptoms and they match the changes in mum very closely, very scary, I started to google this and scared myself it is more than I can deal with at the moment with everything else going on and DH is still away until tomorrow afternoon.
    I have decided to try and not think about it at present until we are officially told by somebody but it is hard keeping my mind off the possibilities this might mean for my mum (and selfishly for me and my babies in terms of genetic risk factors)
    I guess there is no point worrying about things we can't control, we could all step in front of a bus tomorrow and should take the most of all of our opportunities while we can.
    don't mean to be getting morbid but I really needed to talk a few thoughts through outloud.
    Think I may take tomorrow off!!!!!! as if I don't have enough to worry about I have Paige's 2nd birthday party to organise as it was too late to cancel it so I have been trying to juggle full time work, DH away, mum in hospital, worry about dad and trying to tidy the living areas and cook some party food for Saturday.
    I think I need some space!!!!

sorry if this got a little heavy guys we really are ok Angus, Paige and I are all healthy and DH will be home tomorrow so all will be fine.
    well I am going to bed and I am not going to pack any lunches or work gear I just can't physically or emotionally do it, so I guess I have made my decision.
    love to you all, and stay safe, Allie,Paige and Angus xxxxxx

Allie, totally understand where you are coming from. Definately taking a day off work will help you. Look after yourself honey, and try not to worry too much until the doctor's give you the diagnosis.

Dusty,

Wonderful news about the embryos and that you get some nice ones to transfer. :goodluck2: with it all i have been thinking of you and wondering how it all went so glad i popped in here today. When is transfer?
    I am fine just getting over a bad virus i had which gave me vertigo - but will be up for a FET soon, will start meds in around 3weeks and then 3weeks after that will be transfer.
    Take care and all the best.

Lissie - take care of yourself sweetie - just think 6 more weeks to get better and fitter so bubs can have a lovely home to get comfortable in for 9 months

had some good news - back down to 1 crinone a day and another BT on thursday week still struggling to get over the cold still off work

Tarkine, sorry you have a cold hun, great news about the crinone though. I am on progesterone pessaries this time and they are much gentler so far than yukky crinone. Take care and I hope DH is around on the weekend and that you can do something nice together.

Lissie, so lovely to hear from you and where you are at. Vertigo sounds pretty full on glad you are on the mend now and not too long to go. I have everything crossed for you. This thread is having some success lately, lets hope it is catching!

Allie, big hugs to you hun. So much for you to take in and digest recently. I hope you are looking after yourself the best you can and that DH is back now to share some of the load. to you.

Gargy, how are you going hun? I guess you are on holidays now. I hope you are taking it easy. Any news on the IVF front?

Ali, Lulu lots of hugs for you two too!

Our 5 embies are doing their thing and 4 of them were 8-10 cells today with the remaining one a bit sluggish. We are all go for Saturday...

xx

dusty, DH is home for the next few weeks .. I've booked my first ultrasound on the 16th July and I've told him that he's going to be in BIG trouble if he goes travelling on that day!!

Dusty, how many are you implanting?

Tarkine, I will personally send him back if he shows up in adelaide around that time for you

Allie, Hope you are doing ok now hun. vent away.

Hi ladies,

Sorry to drop in on your thread like this, but I have a quick Q and I didnt want to post a new thread, just wanted to blend in unnoticed here if thats okay.

If a brother was to donate sperm to his brother and SIL, how similar is the actual sperm? They have same genetics, is this the same for sperm? Sorry I know its a bit vague and probably incorrec terminoligy but I need to know how close is using a brothers sperm to using your own DH's?

Thanks ladies, best of luck to you all with ttc

Lisa xx

Hey everyone,

No, not quite on holidays yet - just had a big couple of days towards the end of term.
    Parent Teacher night last night, a big meeting tomorrow, and trying to get mindless paperwork done have all been pretty full on.

Blizz - I'm so sorry to hear that you are so stressed. I hope you get an answer soon.

Tarkine - Yay!

Lissie - Yay!

Dusty - Yay!

To answer your question - have booked in with the FS for the first week in August

Ali - Hi!

Hi everyone else!

Lisa,

Are you asking about a brother donating to his brother and his wife (the sister in law), and how close the DNA would be? Because they are brothers and have the same parents there will be some closeness in DNA - but remember it will only be half, the rest will be the SIL.

Or are you asking if there will be issues with the sperm? The only way I can answer this is by saying my BIL has no issues with his sperm, and my DH is azospermic, so it is easily possible that one brother will have perfectly healthy sperm and the other brother have issues (or no sperm at all).

HTH

I'll catch up properly on the weekend sometime.

Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by Gargy View Post
    Are you asking about a brother donating to his brother and his wife (the sister in law), and how close the DNA would be? Because they are brothers and have the same parents there will be some closeness in DNA - but remember it will only be half, the rest will be the SIL.
    Yes Gargy thats what I was asking - wanted reassurance that if they ever needed my DH's sperm that it would be "just like" using his.

Thanks again

Lisa,

Using your BIL sperm is about as close as you will get to your DH sperm. They both had the same parents, so you can't get much closer - it is not going to be exactly the same as us your DH but can't get any closer. WE tried this with my BIL sperm but unfortunatley did not work, so now we are using donor embryos. Just remember one thing no matter where you get the DNA from this is your & DH baby, you will carry this baby you will nuture, love and protect this baby - there is more to be a parent than DNA - its about love - we have done much conselling on this having used donor eggs, donor sperm and now donor embies and all of the consellors say the same thing, DNA only makes us a very small part of the whole process the rest is up to us. Goodluck to you on your journey and i hope it ends quickly for you with a BFP.

Dusty - yeah for tomorrow - you go girl, sending you all the best stickiest vibes for tomorrow :goodluck2: to you hun - so hope you get a BFP within the next two weeks.

Hello to all the other girls out there in donor land. Have a great weekend.

Thanks Lissie,

Its my BIL who needs my DH sperm, but I know exactly what you mean about the DNA being a small part of us, I told my SIL that no matter where this child comes from, they will be the parents and love it more than anything else. Thanks for your reply, I suspect the counselling will come if they infact need to go down this path.

Good luck with your embies hun, hoping you get a sticky one soon.

Lisa xx

Hi Lisa,
    Donation is full of new and sometimes confronting questions but the one thing that has really resonated with me was when my sister said that by donating her eggs to me she is giving me the opportunityto create life. The sperm and eggs are the starting blocks and then all the hard work of life is up to the parents themselves to carry and then care for the child. It made donation make so much more sense to me. I hope that helps give you another perspective.

Good luck with it all.

As for me, ET at 9.30 in the morning. Can't wait!

xx

LisaL
    There are lots of issues surrounding donor sperm. For us we went through an unknown donor, as DH's brothers made it clear they were unwilling to donate - so we went through the Fertility Clinic.

the second big issue was the how/if to tell the child. For us we were upfront with the entire family about using donor sperm - for us and our families this was the best way to go. We also decided that we would explain as soon as any children were old enough to know that they was a donor involved.

There are donor support organisations out there and you may wish to contact them to find out all the issues that may impact upon you.

Good luck in your decision making.

Dusty - everything crossed hun... sticky vibes to dusty tomorrow.. stick embies stick!!!

ET done and AP soon. 2 embies transferred the other 2 a bit shaky hoping they make the freezer tomorrow. BT in a couple of weeks (d'oh).
    Update in my journal - really tired now. Sending you all hugs and

xx

YAY for Dusty!!

Default Hello

I thought I would pop in and say 'hi'.
    Its been ages since I last posted, so I thought its about time I rejoined you lovely ladies.
    My story in a nutshell - totally in love with my DH who unfortunately has azoospermia. Dont know why, dont know how, just have to accept that sometimes life just doesnt work out how you wish it would. We found out 2 years ago and since then life has been (to borrow a cliche) one big rollercoaster.
    Anyways, I'm getting back on for the ride - we are going with a sperm donor from Xytex (ordered from USA) who looks similiar to DH, and expect EPU next Friday, 11 July. I'm currently on syranel, megafole, puregon (150ml)and having accupuncture done for the first time. All going well, we hope to transfer 2 blasocysts.
    Anyway, enough about me - looking forward to joining you all.
    Vx

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast