Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #7

Hi Dusty,

Nice to see you in here. Gee June/July thats soon, the time will fly and i so so hope this makes all your dreams come true.

Hey Dusty, welcome to our happy little group, wow exciting things are happening for you hon, all the best with the processes to come,definately a great place for support here.

How are we all, bet you were thinking I had abandoned you all????? well.....I'm Ba-ack!!!

Have had a hectic and tiring week at work organising DH's start up business loan and also a bit more for a car loan!!!! and have been fairly exhausted most nights.
    I am happy to say I think I can take a breather for a little while.
    well where to begin??

-We have a new car even though we really didn't want to have to buy one just now.
    ]we brought a commodore Sation wagon VY 2003 model in white with hugely dark tinted windows and, cruise control, Abs, twin air bags, cd controls on the steering wheel and AIR CONDITIONING.

It is officially my car (even though DH debates that fact with me) It will be great for two car seats and all of our junk and of course the dog.
    we got a cargo barrier included for free which didn't come with the car so all in all we are happy.

We picked it up Friday night and went for a quick family drive after work only to discover a knocking sound in the front right hand wheel area, and so began the stressing about whether or not we had brought a lemon???? so after a sleepless night we went for a drive in the car and the sound started getting worse so we pulled in to my B and SIL's house to show them and DH thinks to check the tyres and all of the bolts on both front tyres where not even done up finger tight?????? two of the bolts were about to come off totally!!!!!! so after DH tightened all of the bolts we managed to get rid of the knocking noise.......after all it was only the two front wheels preparing to LEAVE OUR VEHICLE!!!!!!! OMG, how bad did I feel after we, the whole family had been cruising around the neighbourhood.

Oh well all is well that ends well and now we do have a great new car.
    other than that all is good, all is well
    hope you are all well,

how goes the jabs Tarkine, hope the vagueness is lightening up for you????
    How are things travelling with you Gargy??? hope things sorted themselves out a bit more for you at work?
    Ali , Dusty and Lissie how are things with you all?????
    I have been so out of touch

welcome Dusty

Blizz.. OMG... thankgoodness you stopped when you did

The injections are a piece of cake - not a problem

Had my first Ultrasound today and I've posted my actual measurements in my blog - 11 foliciles - left hand side are all pretty much the same and the right side is all over the place.. range in size from 14mm to 6mm... Another ultrasound on Friday. The nurse/tech said that EPU maybe on Monday or thursday next week - My tummy is starting to get bloated a little and I'm uncomfortable if I try and curl up in a chair or bend over.. Took the afternoon off work because I was feeling really ucky at work and I'm trying to keep my stress levels down... well that's the theory

Love and hugs to you all

Hi Dusty - great to see you here!

Hey Lissie and Lulu.

Hey Blizz - wow, didn't realise that you were getting a business loan as well. And I really can't believe that the car dealership didn't CHECK THE TYRES!! How irresponsible is that!

Hey Tarkine - glad the jabbing is going ok. Sorry that you are feeling so iccky at the moment. Good luck with the ultrasound on Friday.

Ok now for the silly question because I can't remember - are you doing IVF?? Pretty sure that you are. If so, I'll definitely be coming to you and Blizz (and others) for notes on what happens when I start up again - although Blizz was fairly thorough the last time we talked.

Feeling better today - although I gave in and had some chocolate. Mainly because my cat has decided to shred the sheer curtains in the loungeroom (GRRRR). I think it's time that he becomes an outside cat during the day. I know that it is more dangerous for him - but I am sick of the damage he is doing inside. Anyway, still have to talk to DH about it.

oh honey that's no good, naughty puss, puss!!!
    I was hoping to hang around some tonight but have a sinus headache so I am thinking that I will get organised early and try for an early night.
    Paige has decided that for the last two nights she would wake three times a piece, last night it was 12 (I had just got comfie) then again at 4am and lastly at 6am each time she woke she looked at me and said "ooks,ooks??(books)" I have firmly told her NO it's night, night to which she protested temporarily then fell asleep again except for this morning when I staggered in to her nursery and put on her bed side light deposited her "ooks" and the promptly returned to bed.
    will try to pop in tomorrow night just feel too exhausted at the moment with this rotten cold and sinus infection
    love to all my DC sweeties talk soon, off to blow my nose,
    cheers Allie-Rudolf-B xxxxxxx

thanks for the warm welcome

tarkine, you are a follie machine. your FS must be happy with your response. keep up those fluids and you know i am cheering you on.

blizz, congrats on 'your' new car. scary start though.

lissie, i have been thinking of you and your DH. i hope you are finding the strength to move forward and sending you lots of love and hugs.

gargy you are going to be well informed when you head down that track with lots of us IVF girls helping you out.

ali, lulu

my sis is filling out all the donor conception forms that Victoria requires. she hit a small hurdle on the question of how she feels about us donating any excess embryos. Lissie i told her your story to give her a bit of perspective which i think helped. so many things for her to think about and face. until now she has only thought of helping DH and I. we will discuss the whole donation issue when we visit her in a couple of weeks. we are happy to be guided by her feelings on the matter. i think she just needs time to work out what she would want to do. its all a brave new world.

xx

Hi Dusty,

Yep the whole donation thing opens up alot of thoughts and emotions and makes you think alot deeper than ever before. Good luck with it all - i am sure everything will work out for you guys.
    We will start another fet in about 6 weeks, i mean i can start taking meds again then.
    Just waiting for June AF to show her face, then the next AF we are off. Still finding it a bit of a struggle right now, i think i am okay, but just tired of it all at times, our lives have been on hold for so long now - but my desire for a family is still as strong and that is what keeps us going - there is still some hope left with two little donor embies left.

Laylee Guest

Hi gals!

Just wanting to introduce myself. I have just joined, am currently waiting for my first appt re- IUI on June 17th. Feeling very clucky, so hoping I won't have to wait ages for a donor & also hoping it won't take long to conceive! You might find me popping into the conversation now & then from here on in, although I don't feel I have much to share at this point..? I'm sure I could learn a lot from you, though! *S* Ta, have a great night! xx

Hi Laylee,

Just wanted to wish you luck and hope a sperm donor is not far away,

Laylee Guest

Smile Thanks!

Hi Lissie,

Thanks so much for your kind message. I, too, will be crossing all my fingers and toes for you, and looking forward to hearing great news in the not-too-distant future! xx

Hi Laylee, welcome to our happy little group, hope we can answer some questions for you and provide you with some support.
    How are all my lovely DC ladies tonight?
    I am again exhausted, seems to be a constant for me now so I may just have to adjust but I have started getting a couple of coldsores which is a sure sign that I am a tad run down will head to the pharmasist tomorrow DH will be home tomorrow arvo so YAY, here's hoping for a little rest and relaxation over the weekend.
    Hope you are all travelling along OK??
    don't feel up for a late one yet again tonight but I will try to pop in again soon for a better catch up.

Hi everyone!

Lissie - definitely agree that you thinking changes when you start on this path.

Dusty - thinking of you discussing options with your sister.

Laylee - hi and welcome! Hope you are not waiting long.

Blizz - I think we should form the 'crap immune system club'! I also have coldsores, and a cyst under my ear. Also feeling very tired tonight - so I'll keep my visit short.

However, I have less work than I thought I would so I might have a relaxing weekend after all!

Welcome laylee good luck with the DS

dusty, lissie and blizz..

Gargy, yes we are doing IVF - at $600 a straw for DS it's a bit too expensive and a lot too hit and miss to be doing the other way.

I have my EPU at 2pm on Monday - the numbers on the right hand side had dropped to 4 and the left hand side had increased in numbers - trigger injection is at 1.30am on sunday morning - I think DH will just have to roll me over when I'm asleep and jab me with the needle ..

finally feel like we are moving forward to the part where we find out how well I've gone on the IVF. DH came in today when I had the internal ultrasound and he sat there tracking the size of the ovaries - ahh he's such a sweetie.

Woo-Hoo Tarkine wishing you the best of luck for Monday, Make sure you take the day(preferably two) off after egg harvest and rest up to make sure that your body will be totally ready and waiting for your sticky little bubby(are you going for one or two?) we only went one I was scared of the twin scenario sending lots of positive grow well vibes to your follies and subesquent embies and will send you some sticky vibes now and will pop back in soon to shower you with some more.....OOOOHHHH I am excited for you hon!!!!

Brilliant news Tarkine - hope everything goes well for Monday too!

tarkine - hun. i hope the trigger went well. ouchies...

gargy - hope you are having that relaxing wknd.

blizz - same to you i hope you are relaxing, resting and enjoying DH's company and you don't have a nasty coldsore.

hi laylee and

lissie - thanks for the support hun. i am holding your hand for this upcoming FET.

lulu - hey gorgeous girl, i hope you cooked up a storm this wknd and are being kind to yourself

I have started the Pill! Yay I am on my way....Had a rocky start as i FORGOT to take the first one as had a big night out, but popped it the next morning and hope all should be fine. I think we are going to book flights this week for Emma and kids down to Melbourne as she and our nurse have discussed EPU dates. OMG it is seeming so real now

xx

Tarkine - just popping in to wish you the best of luck tomorrow. Bring on the happy juice...

Blizz.. the plan from the FS is that one gets put back at this stage.. I think we will just wait and see where things go.. DH and I have discussed the propect of having multiples and we would just be happy to have as many as happens (remind me I said this if we have more than one bubs).

I told my supervisor that I may or may not be in on tuesday and wouldn't know until tuesday morning - she was as excited as I was about the EPU (because she was aware of the terrible time I was havingwith the drugs).

Lulu, gargy & Dusty thanks for the good wishes for monday.. I'm trying to stay relaxed and not get too worked up or excited (which is my nature).. just kicking back and letting things happen (well that's the theory anyway)

Dusty - I'm very excited for you - I have everything crossed that this one is going to work out for you

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast