Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Defence Force Families

Hi Teresa

Cass - Oh no, I hope the time goes really quickly for you and I'm sure that you will be so busy with the packing and kids etc...

Nattyfred - Yay for getting posted to Enoggera. I loved living in Mitchelton when I was in Brisbane. Wish we could have stayed there

Nattyfred - I have loads of support over East. My parents are going to meet me, DS1 and bubs at the airport when we arrive. The plan is that my mum will stay with me until we move into our new place (if/when we find one....he-he-he!) and then my dad will come down to give us a hand with shifting furniture and all that when our container arrives. EVEN BETTER is that DH has put in for reunion leave the weekend before we pack up to go so we can spend a nice long weekend together (repairing the mess we call a backyard courtesy of our Bullmastif). And, yep, the walk around the lake is great - I used to do that at lunch with a couple of the other girls I work with.

Nat82 - I've struggled through the first few days but now that our posting is "out on paper" I can start tearing the house apart. I have so many things I want to get rid of so I don't have to unpack them at the other end.

Marydean - Thanks. I'm just going through the motions this week. I know that I will kick into gear by Wednesday next week (well that's what it's usually like). At the moment I'm haunting the hallways at night, wandering around like a lost sheep instead of getting some much needed sleep.

Don't know who said it, but we've all been there.....well, DH has missed all 3 of our wedding anniversary's and every one of my birthday's, except this year, since we've been together (5 years). He missed most of my 2nd and 3rd trimester but happily was at home for a month (two weeks before and two weeks after) when bubs was born. Yes, it's hard sometimes and I guess a lot of people just don't get it, but honestly, I'm just so happy when he's home and we're together that I quickly forget the times when he's away.

Argh!!!! Dealing with Toll and waiting for access to Homefind!!

Hi everyone just posted in the partners who work away thread then remembered here too!
    My DH left just this morning. We are trying MDW(U) He is going to be living in country Vic and I am staying here in Syd. I'm not sure when I'll get to see him, it's a new job and he'll be instructing so will have to work around the courses. I'm hoping for a weekend every three weeks but we will have to wait and see. And we are hoping he can get at least a month off when I have the baby.*
    I'm a bit of a mess. He's been away lots before but this is long term and so unknown...but I get to talk to him and he will get to come home at some weekends not like if he was deployed.*
    What I'm most worried about right now is that he rode his motorbike down. He hasn't done a long trip like that on the bike and it scares me.

big hugs ezymay!

DH has a 3 month deployment coming up in april. definately not looking forward to that. last time he went there was only me and a naughty dog. this time its me, a dog and DS. i know how hard it was just for 2 weeks. i cant imagine what you must be feeling!

Hey all,

I just found this thread! I am married to an Army boy and have just had our first child, Charlotte 2 weeks ago.
    We are currently on a 9 month posting in toowoomba while he finishes his Av Tech training. DH has been in for 6.5 years and was a combat engineer with 3CER before hand...
    DHA hasn't been to horrible for us thank god! Although in this house we have no aircon or even fans and that sucks with a newborn!! Dha said if we wanted to buy n install an aircon unit they would pay to have it removed when we moved but we'd have to pay to install it at the new place... WTF? Lol.

I feel for all those who's partners are or are being deployed!!! I am dreading the day DH has to go away luckil Blackhawks aren't in Ghan so I'm safe for now.
    My love is with you ladies!!!

welcome mrsbexie!

my DH is an Av Tech too but with the RAAF!

Teresa: where are you guys? How long has he been av tech for?

we are in adelaide. he has been an av tech now for 10 years. joined as soon as he finished year 12.

Wow! So I'm guessing he likes av tech? Lol.

My cousin is in Adelaide, but he is with transport... Pretty sure he is! Lol.

lol oh well if it sounds good then it must be it!

Teresa: my dh is an a tech in Adelaide, I wonder if they know each other! Adelaide is such a small place, everyone knows everyone lol

beautitude - probably do! adelaide is definately a small place thats for sure!

Ezymay - hope you're doing ok. We did the MWD(U) for about 6 months with me in Sydney and DH in Canberra. It was quite difficult as I lived on my own and didn't have any family or friends outside of work there. Do you have a support network set up? I'm sure the next few weeks will fly by before your bubs comes and your DH has some leave.

Teresa - Oh no, a 3 month deployment coming up My DH was on deployment for the last 6 months of my pregnancy, but I moved interstate to be close to my family. It was great and my best friend from school (who I had lost contact with) lived there and her husband is based at Ennogerra Barracks - so I went to lots of things at the Community Centre there. Do you have family in Adelaide?

MrsBexie - OMG, no aircon in Townsville We went up there to visit DH's parents just after Christmas and they don't have air con either. It was horrible and poor little DS got really bad heat rash. I can't believe DHA don't have that as a requirement. We have reverse cycle ducted heating/aircon and we live in Canberra! But a couple who live down the road have heating, but no aircon and had to put fans in at their own expense. I

Hey, does anyone live in Canberra??

hey nat,
    yeah we have family here so thats good. have a great family day carer too who is just awesome. will make things much easier

Teresa and Beatitude...just wanted to let you both know that some of the Adelaide BBers are organising a lunchtime get together on Sat 29th...consider this your personal invitation. Details here:
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...d.php?t=146992

Its nice to see this thread popping up again! I never realised there were more military spouses than I knew of on BB

For those who dont know me; Ive been a military spouse for 6 years, but grew up an Army Brat. We are posted in Sydney til the end of this year. He is a fitter armourer, he switched to a trade after 5 years in the infantry. He is up for deployment soon, our first since getting married and having kids.

Im itching to get our posting orders, hopefully SCEMA will give them out in July. Im planning on moving to our new locality while DH is away so that our Ds1 can get settled in before he starts primary school, and so I can find a suitable school. We're pretty sure we'll be sent to either Townsville (our first choice and previous posting to this), Brisbane or Adelaide. We've never lived in the latter two places so a part of me is excited it might be a new experience for us! Im glad to see a few Adelaide based people in here who dont think it sucks lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nat82 View Post
    MrsBexie - OMG, no aircon in Townsville
    Mrs Bexie is in Toowoomba lol I assure you DHA residences in TVille are required to have air conditioning! Everyone I know up there have two units in their living area's and one in each bedroom. Plus ceiling fans.

Hoping to be in Townsville next tho! Lol...

We find out our new posting order in march-april hopefully! But you know the army... Who knows if they will tell us then or not?! Lol

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast