Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: to the single parents....

Simone- I am so sorry to hear things have come to this, Kerry has very good advice and I would hope for your safety you would follow some of these. Have you rang a help line or gone to centrelink to try and get someone to help you? They should have someone who can advise you where to go and what to do, so that you can at least set yourself up and spend some quality time with the most important people in your life, the kids, at xmas time.

Good luck with everything
    Michelle

Thought I would pop in and say hi! DP is still on the scene on some level but at the moment I'm planning to go it alone! You all seem really great and such strong people too! I think it's great that you are all here supporting each other! I can't wait to get to know you all and benefit from your experiences and knowledge!!

Merry Christmas!!

*Yvette* Guest

Hi Lea & all the other single parents. Great to see this thread chugging along nicely. I wish I'd had something like this when I was on my own.

Remember girls, being a single parent brings out your best strengths and capabilities. Enjoy it!

Hey just thought I'd bump this up and see how everyone is going??

chelleg Guest

Hi Everyone :wave:
    Just thought i might join in if anyone still posts here??
    I'm single mum to Lilly and have been since before i even knew i was pregnant! Would love to chat to any other single mums if you're still out there?

I am still aroud too LOL Just got sick of talking to myself on here LOL

Welcome Shell and Lily!

Its nice to see some faces in here.

Oh and Kathryn so rapt to see yiou are pg too Congrats!!

cheers mcihelle

Hey everyone!!

I'm still here, I've just recently moved back to the counrty where I grew up and all my family are. My sis had her first baby 6 weeks ago, Jaiden, and he's adorable. Ashlea is 4 1/2, just started kinder down here and is loving being close to all her family again. I'm about to set up work from home for a while, I'm a massage therapist and have heaps of friends that want to start seeing me which is great.

Life is wonderful and i'm so so happy at the moment, which is a far far cry from the time i started this thread over a year ago!

I've been seeing a fantastic guy for 6 months now and he's fitting into the whole 'single parent' thing so well. Ashlea adores him and he is so good to her. He's got the spare room at his place set up for Ashlea when we stay there.

Still have a few issues here and there with Ashlea's dad and his psycho girlfriend, but mostly settled down.

Hope everyone else is fantastic, Kellie hope Paige is settled down and not giving you too much of a hard time!

Welcome to the new mums in here, and Michelle its great to see you around, hope you and your family are all great!!

HI girls

I am LOL cos I realised that I crashed this forum and didn't even look at the title LOL I thought this was the forum for kids Jemmas age, that's why I addressed Kathryn, it's your fault stardragon, you confused me LOL

I am unwell atm, lol and the brains not working well.

Dee- where did you move to? I am so glad to see you here and hear all is well, good on you you deserve good things in your life.

I can tell you I admire you girls who are doing it on your own, it's hard to not get time out but you all work hard
    cheers michelle

Michelle, you can come hang with us anytime you like!!

Kellie, Ashlea is like a teenager too, she's got the atitude all worked out at the tender age of 4. She's so much like me its terrible! I only wish she would sleep in!
    She's been really good lately, then today had some major blow out and was a little cow all day. Thank god she is in bed now!!!

Its scary when they're so much like you aren't they Kel!! I dread the teenage years when shes like this already!

She's in bed now having a sleep with her 6 week ould cousin who is also asleep. He's staying with me for a few hours while my sis gets some things done. They look so cute on a big matress together in the playroom!

I don't know how people do it with 2 kids though!!!! I'm warn out already!

dont think ive posted in here before so thought id say hi - ive been on my own since jan & things are going well
    there are times when it is hard by myself which im sure you all know about but generally i love the ways things are
    eliana keeps me busy & entertained - guess the next big hurdle is TT!!!

Hello, just wondering if I can join in here? While I am supposed to be back together with DF, it's complicated and I feel more like a single parent. We rarely see each other and as bad as I feel to admit it, I'm happier this way. I live with my Mother so I do get a bit of help, but she works f/t & I don't like to ask for help too much!

I feel so proud of my DS, I absolutely adore him.

Although im not a single parent anymore, sometimes i feel like one since dh works all the time and leaves the child rearing up to me. Im glad all you guys are happy... im sorry ill write more later. I just dont know what to write... going thru a hard patch and cant write much as i know dh comes on here to see what i write..

Hey everyone, just wanting to know how everyones going?
    Ashlea turned 5 last week, and i feel like an old old mum now (at the age of 25!!)
    She's got into the school next year i wanted her to go to so very happy about that, she is so so excited!

I'm still loving living back in the country, my nephew Jaiden is 7 months now and he hangs with me from 9 - 1 each day while sis is back at work part time. I love it! I'll be starting work once Ashlea is at school, its been nice to take this year off and spend some time with her.

Ashlea learnt to ride her bike without training wheels a few months ago so she got a great new bike for her birthday. Apart from a few bhaviour probs we've been having that have been posted about in another thread, we're all going great.

Still seeing the same great guy, it'll be a year next week. He's great with Ashlea, and really I shouldnt take the credit for teaching her to ride the bike without training wheels cause he did most of the teaching and helping

I hope everything is well for everyone else too

Well done, Dee, COngratulations on the 'ALMOST' year! And good on Ashlea for learning to ride!

Well I've separated from XH as of 13 October, he's still really upset about it, but I know it is the best thing for me and the boys. I don't want them growing up to think that the relationship between their Mum and Dad is "normal" or "good", so I've moved to Mum and Dads, where I'll be staying for a while.

We're sharing the kids, as we both work, and I (as a family lawyer) believe that at this stage sharing is the best thing for the kids, as they get to see both parents almost every day.

I'm actually really happy about the whole situation. So I'll move in here and chat with all you guys!

Divvy, good to see your happy and doing well. It certainly must help being a family lawyer at a time like this! I'm still having issues wit Ashlea's dad and finalising the papers. I'd love for him to *want* shared custordy of Ashlea so she could spend more time with him but he's always been happy to have fer for a day here and there to convince himself he's the best dad in the world and happily leaves everything else up to me. Work and his stupid GF still take priority over Ashlea most of the time but, oh well, Ashlea and I are doing fine the way it is

Can I ask how you share the time with the kids? I've heard of people doing two weeks on and off, and other people where the kids stay with dad mon tuesday and thursday nights and the mum the other nights etc. Just wonder how you and your ex manage the split time?

Keep looking after yourself and the kids

We're doing this:
    Sunday Monday and Wednesday nights with me, Tuesday and Thursday nights with XH, and alternating Friday/Saturday nights.

So basically, routine is: Monday Mum, Tuesday Dad, Wednesday Mum, Thursday Dad, Friday Dad, Saturday Dad, Sunday Mum, Monday Mum, Tuesday Dad, Wednesday Mum, Thursday Dad, Friday Mum, Saturday Mum, Sunday Mum.

Well done Divvy, sounds like its' working out well, how are the boys coping with it????

I know a lady whom had a baby & she had him for the first 3 years (no contact with the Dad at all), then sent him to live with his Dad for 3 yrs & refused to have any contact with him til the 3 yrs was up..... It was absolutely mind boggling.... I really do not suggest it as the poor boy had no idea who anyone was... Infact I'd just plain call it cruel, he's now 14 or 15 & has no really relationship with either parent, just lives in a house with a person til they are sick of him....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast