Thread: Does anyone know a weight loss strategy???

Madill Guest

Default Does anyone know a weight loss strategy???

Hi, I am 23 years old and have been gaining on pounds and this is getting to me. The thing is that after several efforts of exercise and dieting, I don?t seem to get any slimmer! There are many ways to lose weight, but I have exhausted all the ways I know. I have consulted a few people but all of them have been telling me the same thing. It isn?t helping me and only making my fears worse.

Is there some way to make me feel better!!!

Two words .... Weight Watchers

Helped me lose about 10 kg before I got pg with my first, helped me to lose my pg weight and are going to help me get down to 65kg after this little bundel of joy. And it's not a strategy ... it's a life-style choice. You can starve yourself to death and exercise till the cows come home, but if you don't do it right, you are not going to see results.

You can check them out on the internet, or contact them to find out if you have a group meeting near you.

ps. It's not just for "older ladies", I was 24 when I joined

HTH

Well as much as I hate this reality, exercise it the only way to lose weight for me - without starving myself.

I hate running, but it does keep my weight down, walking just doesn't cut it. Also spinning classes at the gym... If you don't want to exercise then you can eat as much, it's that simple. I love food so I choose to exercise. Also, no food after dinner, give your body time to digest before bed time...

Perhaps you could try replacing a meal with fruit? I'd have fruit for lunch and it helped...

Good luck, it's not easy.

I think weight watchers is a good idea too, it's about lifestyle not a quick fix.

heres a key
    'dont think of it as exercise think of it as an opportunity to become healthier' it really is a lifestyle choice. yes it takes commitment and time but if you think of replacing your daily morning OR afternoon tv show with some form of movement that makes you sweat you are on your way.

a proffessional trainer can help get you started and it doesnt have to happen in a gym either. the great outdoors is a great place to be. fresha air and a chance to think away from the humm af a treadmill makes it an adventure not a chore.

as an ex trainer i can probably help you if you want some more guidance. i am here if you want.

There are many ways to lose weight
    Really though, there is just one main method: ensure your output is greater than your input.

There are 1000's of diets out there..........and they all work, if you stick to them.

But essentially they are all the same: use more energy than you eat, and you will lose weight.

How much do you weigh now? How much do you want to lose?

have you tried a personal trainer?
    i know they can be expensive, but even one session a week can help put you on the right track.
    i see a personal trainer one morning a week. i just find that it energises and motivates me for the rest of the week. it also makes me feel stronger and healthier as a whole.

I agree with the others, weight loss is actually quite simple in theory and diets just make it seem complicated.

If you are currently overweight you essentially have a few choices. If you're currently eating fairly healthy stuff then reduce the portion size. If you're eating the wrong stuff, then change to healthy stuff. If you can't change/reduce what you're eating, then you'll need to exercise more. Also watch what you're drinking - soft drinks and alcohol are full of calories.

I can't exercise much at the moment because I've got a dodgy back. I've always eaten reasonably healthily but my portion sizes were way too big given that I'm not exercising so I've cut back on those as well as wine. I don't skip meals - that's counter-productive because it slows the metabolism - but I don't have huge serves any more and I only have a few glasses of wine a week.

It's usually recommended that you weigh yourself once a week rather than every day. But weighing every day is really useful for me because I can see the results of the day before. For instance, if I have over-indulged the day before, it shows immediately on the scales. If I have been sensible then my weight stays the same or a little comes off.

Really what I'm doing is a bit like Weight Watchers. I just kind of do it in my head. If I want a glass of wine with dinner, then I don't have the chocolate as well. If I have a big lunch then I'll have something small for dinner.

So even though I haven't been able to exercise for a year and without going on a 'diet' but making long-term sustainable changes, I'm about 5kg less than when I got pregnant. Would still like to lose a few more kilos mind you.

another option if you dnot like the sweat factor is yoga or pilates. yes you do sweat to an extent but it improves your circulation and flexibility therefore making you muscles more able to move freely and youll find that once your able to move freely youll become more active naturally...i would avise doing a few classes then if you want you can buy dvds and do it in the privacy of your own home if you have issues. but i do recommend some classes to make sure youre doing it right.
    just a thought.

dragonstorm

me personally before i was pregnant i was on the XNDO program! I lost 12 kilos in about 6 weeks. Not long after that i was pregnant lol! but when bub is born i will be going back to that

I have some information for you, so YOU can take control of your weight without resorting to diets. Everyone is right ... diets complicate things and the reality of weight loss is very simple.

PM me and I can send you a link that gives you a step-by-step guide that will help you face the reality of weight loss and get control of the situation.