Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earwax-eeeeew! Has anyone DIY syringed?

OK girls. My 13 year old has the worse ears you have ever seen. I am really keen on doing either the syringing or the candling. How do I do it ??

Hmm I love cleaning my ear's, I do it daily with cotton buds, bad I know. Perhaps I can get mine done too.

DoubleK Guest

my dp cleans his ears with a cotton bud everyday... he works in a cardboard factory.. and is always complaining of dust and gunk in his ears and nose..! i might have to candle him! ive never heard of it before!!!

Just get a packet at the health food shop and read the instructions carefully. You will need two ppl to do it properly. Just don't jam the candle in your ear too hard as it can hurt afterwards.

I have had it done once MD, but not in a long time and yep, it was lovely LOL. I never had much in there to come out though. When I did the syringing, it would take few goes sometimes if I could *feel* that there was still some in there.

I have to syringe DH's ears several times a year. I always do his after he has a had a shower (the steam softens it up making it a little easier to get out) and I use tepid water. Cold water makes it hard again and more work; hot water is too painful. It always takes 3 or 4 syringes to get results with DH's ears. It is gross what comes out. I might try candelling on him... but there is something just SO satisfying about cleaning his ears with a syringe!!! His wax is so thick and sticky that cotton buds do nothing for him...
    I think DD's ears are going to be similar as she gets older as I have to clean her ears every second week on average...

this thread is grossing me out! hehehe

its grossing me out too!

I am a cotton bud addict and clean mine daily, but I freak out at the sight of other peoples wax. weird I know!

Ds has a problem

I think I'm going to be asked to be buried with a box of cotton buds. If there's an afterlife I don't want to take any chances of being caught cotton budless!

The mobile servo round the corner from us sells ear candles on the front counter, But it'd probly be cheaper from a health food shop.

I have the smallest ear canals that my Dr has seen. Ever since falling pregnant, I have had 1 ear constantly bloked.. I thought that it might have been a symptom of pregnancy. Obvisously not!!! He washed my ears out (not sure if it is the same as syringing), but now I can hear properly. I tried Waxsol and it did nothing for me excpet make a mess on my pillow at night time. I would suggest going to a Dr rather than doing it yourself.
    Good Luck
    ps... at least it is not selective hearing.

ladies,i suggest investing in some ear candles and doing them at home.eve the person that cleans out daily will be shocked at the gunk that comes out with these beauties.I paid $12 for a set,much cheaper than gettnig them done professionally.i am now able to hear much better lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12