Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gestational Diabetes General Chatter #3

Quote Originally Posted by gkk33 View Post
    Hi Cherri, I have been doing my BSL as well for 8 weeks. I have had higher than usual readings for the last couple of days. Like you I have been eating very well, lots of vegies, burgen bread, no sugar sweets and eating regular meals all the time. It's fustrating when you are trying so hard to be good. On the positive side you do learn alot about food and what to eat / not to eat. I picked up a diabetes magazine and there were alot of great information about the type of food to eat, some nice cooking tips and even tips on what ice-cream to choose if you want to go for a low-sugar option. Yeah!!! Hang in there girlfriend. It will all be good once you have your baby in your arms.
    All the best
    Gina

I definitely intend to stick with this diet after I have given birth as I kept from getting fatter, so I know it's a good plan to stick to. Plus it's going to help me to make a good example for baby when it grows up! I haven't had to rule out everything "nice" as at times I can have a milky way or a cappuccino and stay under my allowed levels. So it hasn't been all bad.

The levels I have to keep between are 5.5-6.5 after meals which is really tight........what do you all have to keep it at????

Well my c-section and birth is tom. Thursday at 12.45pm!!! Wish me luck

Good luck Caz, we will be thinking of you Can't wait to read the birth announcement.

Best of luck Cazlooking forward to hearing how you got on

Thanks guys - leaving soon!!!!!! I had to wash my body with this antiseptic stuff - cos im doing a c-section. It was gross.

Email ya soon!

Caz

Hey girls im back! Had baby Seb on thursday, 7 pound 10 ounces. 51 cms. (at 39 weks). The GD has gone now.

So attached to my little Seb and the BF is going ok, my boobs are so sore.

The c-section went well too, the incision still sore but well. So only stayed in hospital for 4 days....

Has anyone else had their little ones - Shell?

Take care love Caz xox

Caz - that is such great news!!!! Make sure you let me know when you have posted up the pics of little Seb.... Great news that GD all gone too Yipeeee I hope the pain from c-section heals quickly for you. And no news from me, still waiting. My due date is Wednesday but seeing ob on Tuesday.... Had a massage this morning and she pressed on the points that you aren't supposed to massage in pregnancy, and I have had braxton hicks contractions all day, so hopefully something will happen soon, keheheee Will keep you updated.

Take care

Shell xx

CONGRATULATIONS, CAZ!!!!!
    Great to hear your GD has gone too.
    I hope everything is going great with you and your family.
    xx

Good luck shell_120308!

Seb is beautiful, breastfeeding is so hard and so sore! Will have to post some pics of my little one soon.

I am so relieved he is out as I can sleep well and on my back to now....

Hope all is well with everyone, their babies and pregnancies.....

Caz
    xx

I am starting to get contractions which aren't very consistent but feels like bad period pain, so just keeping tabs on it. Hopefully it is the real thing and hopefully I will be able to post some news real soon

Caz - Have you had a chance to put up any pics of Seb?

Hi Shell, have uploaded 3 pics of Sebastian. Have a look.

Gotta still download more of the camera....

Caz
    xx

Horse Girl Guest

Hi!
    I am new to the forum. I have known for about 1 week that I have gestational diabetes.
    I am now 31 weeks.
    I have been to a diabetes centre and have to monitor my blood 4 times a day, and have not really had to change my diet, but just monitor it much more closely.

I have been going really well, except the last 2 days, my morning readings have been high (fasting reading).
    The only thing is usually I test these around 6am before I go to work, but the last 2 days, they have been tested around 8-9am as I have had a sleep in over the weekend.
    Can I ask if anyone else finds this if they test at a different time in the morning?

Yesterday I found because my initial reading was high, my second reading was high, but then my other 2 readings for the rest of the day were normal.

Anyway! I thought by joining the forum and talking to other ladies about it might help me handle this better, as I was in shock when I found out and am still having a bit of a hard time dealing with it! But I am assuming this will get easier!

Thanks for listening!

Little DJ (Daniel Joseph) was born on 13 March at 2:52am. It was progressing as a natural birth but with the use of epidural and then the contractions were coming strong with no breaks in between and poor little DJ couldn't cope and his heartrate was dropping, and this happened 3 times in a row and immediately the obstetrician said to the midwives to prepare me for a c-section. So, after 5 hours of established labour and intense pain I ended up having an emergency c-section. DJ is doing really well too, I am in pain from the c-section but you get that..... Go the painkillers. THey haven't tested my blood sugar levels since I have been in hospital but I have been feeling pretty good, and sooooo glad I don't have to ***** my fingers anymore Yipeeeeee

Hope you are all well. There are a few pics of little DJ under my gallery.

Hi Shell, well congrats and little DJ is a cutie pie. I had a c-section too, I felt good after the 4th day. Hope you recover well.

I am so sleep deprived hey. Am BF too and taking a toll - Seb is always attached to my boobs.

Im also quite weepy too at the moment, hope I dont have the baby blues.

Caz

Congrats Shell! He's gorgeous.
    I hope everything goes great with your recovery.

xx

Hi Horse Girl!
    Welcome to the forum. =D
    I'm sorry to hear about the GD. I hope everything goes great with it for the last stretch of your PG.
    It is such a shock when you first find out. I swear I cried for like days and it took me a couple of weeks to actually get my head around it and not burst into tears over my readings. Lol.
    It does get better. I've been testing my BSL since about I was about 9wks, and it's been going really great. I hope everything gets better for you, and it doesn't stress you out too much.

I haven't found that with my morning readings. I'm not much help, sorry.

Wow! It feels like I'm the only one left in this section now.

I may not be preggas yet tennykins but I'll keep you company. I can always answer any questions you might have....29 yrs of type 1 Diabetes kinda leaves your head full of sorts of information!!

Hey Mel.
    Thanks for replying.

I actually have a question.
    How'd you go at Easter? Did you have any easter eggs or anything?
    I couldn't help myself and I had some little ones.
    I felt bad and still am for eating them.

Does the feeling that you want all the wrong foods ever go away?
    Lol.

I'm struggling with that at the moment.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast