Thread: My implanon removal

Default My implanon removal

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would say that I'm having my 2nd implanon removed on 11/1 and I'm excited. Hopefully removing it will help with weight loss and acne! I'm actually getting it removed to get cycles in sync ready for TTC in May but hoping that it will resolve some of my pesky hormonal problems.

We are going to use condoms until May.

Argh! So excited.

Ruth - good luck with the removal!

I had mine out 2006 in April and the weight just fell off me! I didn't feel any pain in the removal, and when we tried to conceive - well, Pip's a year old now!

I have one as well. I am thinking of having it taken out due to some hormonal reasons! Hopefully it will help with the weight as well! Will have to book in with my GP.

How exciting for you Ruth..
    I too have implanon and had it put in 2 months after I had my girls.I will be having it removed in July so we can have another pregnancy.
    The only side affect I experienced was having no period or only the slightest spotting.
    Good luck with your TTC.

All the best Ruth

Mine only hurt for a day or two after removal.

Mine didn't actually hurt to remove, but it was stuck in some scar tissue and I went into shock watching the doc try and take it out. This coming from a former St John Ambulance Volunteer.

How embarrassment!!

Thanks everyone for your support!

Jody - I'm afraid of that happening to me! My body is exceptionally good at forming scar tissue the Dr said last time when she replace my "rod" (our nickname for implanon is super rod - said in a musical voice while flexing muscle in the rod arm!). I'll try not to watch! Hopefully as this one has been in for a shorter period it'll come out more easily?!

Kaz - good to hear your weight loss and conception went so smoothly! Big congrats. I really hope that's what happens for me!

I'll post again after the "big op" on Friday!
    Last edited by Bloom; January 7th, 2008 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Well I survived! It was much quicker and with less tugging than last time. Plus my arm doesn't seem nearly as bruised or sore. Dr has ordered rubella and chickenpox immunity tests and a check on my thyroid (borderline underactive)! I've bought a big box of condoms (we aren't TTC until may when we get back from holiday overseas) and a thermometer to start charting. Hope AF shows up soon!

WOOHOOOO Ruth! Way to go!

(Actually, are you sure you aren't my twin? I had the same tests b4 TTC)

Hey Kazbah - interesting comment re tests. I asked the Dr for the rubella and thyroid. She suggested the chickenpox. Did you have any others done - just wondering if I've covered all my bases?

How did you thyroid go in pregnancy/ttc? I'm not on my meds at the moment so I'm hoping that the test comes back in the normal range and we can stay off the meds. Dr said that if my thyroid is underactive in pregnancy it can hinder the baby's development of a working thyroid.

It's been 12 days since my implanon removal and I'm anxiously awaiting arrival of AF. Not signs as yet! I just want to know everything is Ok!

OOopps, sorry Ruth, just saw your post here about thyroid. Mine's fine now - are you having the thyroid levels bloods or the thyroid function tests? I was fine during the pregnancy

Ruth - oooh. Do you know where you're up to in your cycle?

Hey Kazbah,

I had my thyroid level tested (i'm pretty sure that was it) and it was low, so I'm back on my thyroid medication. I don't feel any different when I'm off it versus on it but Dr says it's important to have a good thyroid level during pregnancy. I'm going back for another test mid March to check again once the medication has kicked in.

Nope, I don't know where I'm up to in my cycle but hope AF arrives soon so that I can chart my next cycle. Can i tell where I'm up to if I'm waiting for my first AF off implanon? Before contraceptives (9 years ago) my cycles could be like 6 weeks long!