Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you convert/revert to Islam, or were you born into it?

Default stallions downtown

hi there

nice to read your post.

I became Muslim about 5 years ago...

The main thing that was the deciding factor for me was to ask myself whether I believed in what Islam taught - I did. Did I feel that it was the right way of life for me - I did. Did I believe in One God, without any partners and that He is deserving of my Worship - I did. So then I had to ask myself, what was holding me back? and all I could thing of was, how am I going to start practicing everything (my main concerns were Hijab and prayer) and what will my father and friends think? after talking with some friends about my concerns they assured me that I shouldnt be worried about how I will start praying or wearing hijab or what others may think, as long as I had the main belief in Islam (the Oneness of God) then I should embrace Islam and take my time with everything else.

So thats what I did and it was the best decision of my life! I have had no regrets, what so ever. I took everything slowly with the help and guidance of close friends. My father was ok about it, he wasnt ecstatic but he wasnt depressed about it either. For a while he thought it was 'just a phase' but after 5 years I think he is realising that I am serious about Islam.

and last of all...just ask God to help you and guide you to what is best. afterall, thats what Islam is all about, worshipping God on his terms.

I hope that helps, please forgive me if I said anything to offend or confuse you.

I wish you all the best.

Default lisabutterfly

Quote Originally Posted by lisabutterfly View Post
    Hi everyone

Thanks for your threads. It is helping me to feel connected in this troublesome time in my life. I am considering embracing Islam but it feels scary and weird. I just want to know how did you know it was right for you?

Lisa from Melbourne
    hi there

i would love to get in touch with u as i was in the exact same boat and found answers that helped me realise what step to take, and i ended up embracing Islam...many things just helped me clear my mind and espcially i converted at a troublsome time and i found so much that Islam has nothing to do with all the problems out there, that is Muslims not following the faith. It all comes down to dont judge a religon by its people but judge it by its scripture. I love to talk to u via email, but its against the rules to post email address here, and have trouble PM u (i think i dont have permission to do that here).

I help alot with people who embrace Islam or just thinking about it. They have alot of misconceptions or just things that need clarifying and i love to help u in anything u need.

will try to PM u.

Am i allowed to put a link of my blog here???

You can post links to personal blogs/website but not commercial ones.

My daughter 14 has pledged to convert to Islam... I think it's a beautiful religion - alas it doesn't call my heart but it does hers... I have cautiously (she has aspergers so she tends to get quite obsessed) supported her and will continue to do so.

So, I am interested to read the posts in here...

thats really sweet of you you sound like a great mum. I became Muslim just after my 14th birthday and I know of alot of ladies who decided to embrace Islam as teens.

I wish you all the best...

Have you knowledgeable women any ideas on some good books for teens on Islam? She's read the "does my head look big in this" series...

More about the faith, the ritual, the belifs? She has a Koran...

Quote Originally Posted by Flowerchild View Post
    Have you knowledgeable women any ideas on some good books for teens on Islam? She's read the "does my head look big in this" series...

hello yes

there is a non for profit, organisation that gives out free material and they have some suitable for teenagers. The organisation is Islam Australia
    Islam Australia: Home

Am i allowed to place this link up???? They send out free info to anyone interested. I apologise in advance if i am not allowed to put the link up, kindly let me know and i will remove it.....

really sorry still unable to PM anyone. Dont really understand why....dont have time to look into it but will try to put my contact details where its allowed.

Default thanks

hi elixa

ok i dont know how this website works about private information but here is my email ok we can get in contact through email

[email protected]

Would love to hear from you

Salam

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Flowerchild View Post

Maybe she might enjoy When the Moon Split - Biography of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
    There is an old movie called The Message about the Prophet (pbuh).
    Islam, from the series that was on SBS called Empires.

I'll try and think of some more.
    Amazon has a list of essential reading for Muslim teens but it's very American.

Lisa, please let me know if you want your email address edited out - you will probably start to get a lot of spam if it is out there for long.

angellic Guest

Default salam all my brothers and sisters and hello and peace be apon you all non muslims too

Hi i'm a revert sister from Perth Australia i embraced Islam around 5 years ago Alhumdulilah i have never been happier i think even if you are not a Muslim Islamic ways can teach you things about life that you would never imagine so peaceful so giving and most of all kindness if it wasn't for Allah opening my heart to Islam i don't think i would be here today Islam has taught me to be patient and calm how to respect others and most of all myself as a western woman it has been very hard coping with family reactions from my Aunty trying to rip my Hijab off in my own home to not being able to find certain jobs and other taunts from people but i just put it down to ignorance for what man doesn't know about he fears and picks i love criticism i find its the best way to fight for what i believe in and also i love when people think i cant speak English and when i speak my Australian accent comes out their faces are priceless for all other sisters out there who wish to ask me anything please send me a mail @ [email protected] or add me on facebook salam have a great day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12