Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ December 2007

Hi Ali - wow i never noticed you were a youngin' and ive been following a few of your posts for a while. What a twit! Good luck with TTC a boy next time, look forward to hearing/seeing/etc your journey.

Jess, i know how ridiculous is Centrelink! As if ANYONE will hire you when you already know you're pregnant... i didn't feel right lying to employers when i was interviewing and i know damn well pregnancy was what had me turned away... and i didnt start showing until six months. Besides, AWA's are so crap these daysi swear if you have a casual position they'd find a reason to sack you on the spot the minute you told them anyway. Gosh C'Link are right dumba$$'s i swear.
    Thanks for the info, i was a little confused...

Welcome Jess Good on you for standing up to your ex! Just because he wants to be useless doesn't mean baby shouldn't have a chance at life.

I think they must say the whole 7 week thing for women who are giving their babies up maybe? like if you've been a surrogate mother for example and wont actually be looking after the child. Still stupid to tell you, how many mothers don't end up keeping their babys, can't be that many...
    Yeah centrelink are totally useless, i've had enough of updating my yearly income to them so they'll pay me correct family tax benefit, i just way over estimate now and get whatever they owe me at tax time, ends up being so much easier. The less contact with them the better...

Yay Ali, goodluck on trying for a boy! we were hoping for a girl this time around but fate gave us another boy hehe oh wells, i'll just have to put DS2 in pigtails or something, he's sweet enough to be a girl LOL.

I should put some pics up, I seem to be the only person on these forums who has no pics.

Smile

Welcome Jess and Ali!!!

Well girls sorry to say but centrelink are not going to stop stuffing you around once you've had bubs..... it's just a fact of life i suppose! LOL oh and it's even worse for those claiming parenting payment single

When i was 16wks pg with Brendan i had a threatned mc and was unable to work, had drs cert's and all. CL wouldny pay me the sickness benefit, they were going to make me look for work, and i said to them i'll go into the shop/workplace and say....
    " hi i'm sally and i'm 17wks pg centrelink has made me come and look for a job, even though drs have told me i am unable to work, can you please sign this"
    you know what the chic and cl said, "that's fine" LOL. Losers.

Well Brendan is much better, back into his routine... well as much as possible for a teething 10 month old.... his bottom 2 came through 2 days ago and hes cross-cutting another 2.... 4 teeth in 4 days, poor baby. and poor mummy, stinky poos....just gross!

Ash, hows is your mum keeping?? hope all is well... hugs.

take care girls
    hugs
    Sally and Brendan xxx

Welcome Katie, Liz, Jess & Ali.

I agree centrelink is horrible, there is this one lady at my centrelink she makes life so much harder for everyone & i hate waiting in line so much harder when you have a screaming newborn/baby.

jade - they were my exact words!!!! just cuz the babies dad is an idiot, didnt mean i had to get rid of my lil man! hes still going to have a great life, better to live i think!

sally - yer i have said the same thing to centrelink, they just dont care... not looking forward to going in there with a week old baby trying to get the baby money!

mo - yer theres this one lady at my centrelink that is a complete cow, back when i was all emotional and stuff lol, she wasnt going to pay me for some reason so i was screaming at her and then went out into the car and cried lol, then rang mum, went back in there and started crying to the other person i was talkin to lol... they just dont care

well im off to do some shopping, and go to damn centrelink, if they want me to get ANOTHER docs cert to say im preg, they can shove it where it fits, i have given them 3 already!

Hello & welcome Ali, good luck with TTC a boy next time around look forward to getting to know you better.

Welcome Jess- my [email protected] PG brain didnt even think to tell you about this thread *d'oh*, glad you found it. Glad you gave bub's dad the boot, he doesnt sound like anyone you want to have around and your right just because he wasnt ready to step up and be a dad didnt mean you had to get of your little man.

Ash- How is your mum?.

haha thats ok jo

centrelink was fine 2day thank god, its so hot here, i just couldnt be bothered with their $hit !! but i dont have to do my form anymore so thats good...
    i have decided im not leaving the house in the last 4 weeks i just felt so blaaaa 2day, yukky

hehe sounds good, i'm getting so tired of having things to do, i barely get a day at the moment where there's nothing to do, don't think i've relaxed properly in about a month.. or longer. It'll be tons better when christmas is over though, and i'll get DH to try and roster as few days as possible at work for the last few weeks so i can lock myself in the bedroom and chill while he watches the kids.

sally - good to hear Brendan is better. Hopefully it'll keep up.

Joanne and Jess - It's all getting really close for you guys!!! Good luck with the impending birth!!

Thanks everyone for asking - mum is good. It's not exactly necessary for her to be there, but as i said, GH refuse to let her attempt a natural birth so Royal WOmen's were more than happy to have her stay. She hasn't had any further contractions, but she swears she will have them on the 21st (her tarot cards said so -!)

So... I went house hunting again today, and in the process spent fifty bucks on taxis. God i hope one of the apps gets accepted just to make the fifty well spent. If you want to know more, follow my vent thread in the buying/selling/etc forum. It's long and confusing, but easier to update all in one thread.
    Need to have a whinge about by soon becoming non-existent christmas...
    Also worried about leaking amnio waters???? But that's a whole other thread...

Anyhow!

SALLLLY... I just wanted to ask, how are you coping? I know everything happened at once, and im not sure if there was another thread about it, so im just checking up... to you.

Hey all I thought I might pop in. I started reading the posts... got to page 4 and couldn't be botheres, lol. I'm 20 (21 in Feb WooHOo) DP is 25. We have a 3 1/2 year old DS and a 15 month old DD. I think I might of finally found the thread where i belong lol. I don't really know what to say so I'll leave it at that for now.

Ellie

Welcome Ellie
    Yeah no need to catch up, we had another random thread before this as well so there's be a lot of catching up to do. Good to have you on board.
    I have found that the easiest people to talk to, and the most responsive, and the ones willing to put up with hearing my crap over and over are the ones in this thread - especially Sally, Joanne and Nina, i couldn't have survived the last couple of months without you guys to talk to and keep me sane - so good move on joining us all here!

eta - and tali!!! i couldnt for the likes of me remember who was in the old thread with all the newbies now!!!
    Last edited by The[cookie]Doctor; December 19th, 2007 at 08:48 PM. Reason: eta

It's good that we have this thread as I know too well about those days where you just need to tget things out, whether it's about kids playing up all day of DP. lol. Which it's normally DP like tonight for instance. I just looked at your due date. That's my brothers b'day. is your bubba comes 10 days earlier he'll land on my b'day:P

I'm hoping for an 18th baby... but i know it probably wont happen just to spite me!

Thanks Ash, yeah getting a little TOO close haha. Wont be long and it will be your turn to give birth. I hope the twins stay cooking for as long as possible, have to wait and see if your mums tarot cards are right or not, she's got 2 days haha. that at least one of your applications go through,i've been following your vent thread and just want to give you a . We've been pretty lucky with renting in Sydney, Albury and now Brissy.

Welcome Ellie , oh wow your in Logan cool.

welcome ellie, even though im just a newbie here too

ashlea, yer its coming up a bit too quick! i thought the '30's' were going to drag but they havent been! cant beleive im going to be holding my bubby in like 5 or 6 weeks! scary thought! scared but cant wait

HI girls.

Ok so this is big 4 me 2 put on here. have spoken to MCHN today after mothers group. It seems i have mild PND. The mchn was not surprised when I came to talk 2 her and yeah we talked for about 45 minutes!!! There are a LOT of things conributing to it some of which can be shard but others are very private within my family and are not a good idea to share on a public forum. The biggest thing is the issues we have had with DD2's weight, all the saga is in my blog and not small enough to retype.

Ash that the tarot cards were wrong and the twins bake longer so they r healthier

Welcome Ellie & others

Centrelink do suck..but thankfully *knock on wood* i have had no trouble with them since DD was born!

Ashnant - how bizarre will it be if ur mum does go on the 21st!! goodluck to her!

I have my 19wk scan tomorrow so looking forward to finding out the sex, hopefully bub will co-operate!!

oops there was another page LOL

Ali, im glad u were able to talk to someone about it and let it out...which i could imagine would be a hard thing to do.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast