Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cost involved with IVF

Gee it all costs a packet. At my clinic we only have to pay the out of pocket which is $1450 for a straight IVF cycle.$1950 for ICSI.And we were told we could claim some of that back

Mumof5 - don't overlook the possible day bed fee and anaethestist fee which could come over and above the clinic fee. Just in case.

Im having it done at a public hospital and im sure if i had to pay that they would have to tell me before hand. I will ask next time im in there thanks for the tip. Its pretty crazy how much some other people are paying.I think its like holding people to ransom.

Hi all,

If anyone is interested, DH and I are with Monash IVF at Richmond and paid $3737 for and IVF / ICSI cycle. This included the synarel, EPU, Implant , everything.

We do have PHI, so all we had to pay was the excess of $250.

Will be interested to see what we get back from Medicare!

Hope this helps.

Cheers..... Fi

Hi All,

I just thought I would add to this as I, like Mumof5, am shocked at the difference in prices. I have just booked into RPA Hospital (or Sydney IVF at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital as they call it) and the information they have given me is

Cost of IVF to patient including Blood test and some medications is $1311.00.
    Cost of Frozen cycle including blood test and some medications is $434.15

If you have reached your safety net limit you can also get back more of this amount through Medicare.

The medications that they include are Puregon/Gonal F, Pregnyl (trigger injection), and Crinone(if needed)

There are no costs involved witht he egg pick up or transfer as it is a public hospital.

The only downside is that there is a wait to get a nurse interview to get started of about 2-3 months, but I figure in this waiting game whats 2-3 months.

Hope this helps with those that are a bit thin on the cash.

Racey

I am with SIVF as well and I have almost identical numbers but they are out of pocket after medicare and assume you have hit the safety net already - maybe you should confirm this with them. You wouldn't want to get hit with a larger bill than expected because my actual upfront payments are about 6500 for cycle and 2500 for FET.

Hi Taffylou

I confirmed the numbers with them, they use a lot of SIVF equipment and scientist but because it is done through RPA it drops the price.

Yikes, I think we're on the very high end of the scale here. Ours is $8571.70 & total back from Medicare is $2446.35

Assisted Reproductive Services - $5569.75 ($1702.75 from Medicare)
    Planning & Management - $190.80 ($64.30 from Medicare)
    Oocyte Retrival - $577.80 ($241.35 from Medicare)
    Semen Preparation - $143.35 ($39.20 from Medicare)
    ICSI - $323.00 ($323.00 from Medicare)
    Transfer of Embryos - $316.00 ($75.75 from Medicare)
    Oocyte Retrival Day Surgery - $950.00
    Transfer of Embryos - $510.00

On top of that we have paid $200 for two appointments, $150 for a semen analysis trial wash, $220.00 for Lucrin. Add to that the 1/2 hour travel every time we have an appointment + parking fees & OMG is it scary LOL!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Wow that is high Sarah. I have worked out that I only ever paid $2500 out of pocket at the most for a stim cycle, and that was down reg with a blast culture (not ICSI though)

Wowee Sarah, that is heaps!! My last cycle which i hadnt hit the medicare safety net, i got just over 1500 back from a total of $4200. That included blasts and ICSI. This time, i think i will prob get close to $3000 back. Are you with Syd IVF because i think they are quite expensive. Also, Sushee, i am moving to Perth next month, which clinic are you with? I kinda did a bit of a search and they have heaps of diff clinics over there, any recommendations???
    Thanks heaps, Mel

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Mel, I can't speak for the other clinics, but I was with Concept Fertility Centre and was very happy with them! PM me if you want any more info.

Wow Sarah! That's some nice high prices there!

Nic

Yeah it is scary isn't it!! I think calculating it all out with the Medicare threshold & private health insurance, we'll be around about $2500-3000 out of pocket.

Have to add to that, they only do blastocyst transfer as well, so that's included in there somewhere.

Thanks Sushee, will let you know. Hoping....that this cycle will be successful and we wont need ivf for a while!! But will have to wait and see. Thanks for your help though.
    Sarah, just think, will all be worth it in the end

Hi all,

Does anyone have the current price for the anaesthetist with MIVF at all?

Thank you

Hi Kell,
    My last two EPUs were done at Royal Womens (as opposed to Freemasons) and although i was told that there 'could' be an anaethestist charge depending on who was on on the day - i never got a bill from either time. Both were done in 2007.
    My FS knew we had no PHI, and we were very grateful to him for seeing us at Royal Women's as we only had to pay about $280 each time to the hopsital, as opposed to about $780 at Freemason's for the same thing.
    I guess both the anaethestist who i saw charged no more than the medicare schedule.
    Hope that helps a bit.
    GL
    ETA: i am with MIVF
    Jo

Thanks Jo! That is very helpful

zoe72 Guest

This might sound like asilly question, but can you actually go through ICSI without having your eggs removed and going through the actual process of IVF?

Is there some way to inject sperm? or can you only achieve that through IVF

Sounds funny I know but I am new to this,

Thanks guys
    Zoe

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast