Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cost involved with IVF

barney Guest

hi zoe.im no expert but im sure you can only have icsi through ivf as they take out you eggs and inject a single sperm into the egg to try to help fertalize better.
    an IUI is an insemination of sperm into the women and you dont need ivf for that.hope that helps a little

zoe72 Guest

Thanks Smithy, I'll check that out

slyder Guest

Hi Zoe,

You have to do a normal IVF cycle in order to do ICSI. The only difference with ICSI is they inject a single sperm into each egg, as opposed to straight IVF which just introduces a number of best available sperm into the immediate vicinity of each egg.

This is the current general chatter IVF/ICSI thread which may be of use to you.

zoe72 Guest

Hi all
    I just noticed melbourne IVF are doing astudy on IVF/IUI which some of you may be eligable for. [no links: please read guidelines]

On another note Hubby has been sterislised and we want to have more children. we are weighing up whether to go through reversal or IVF. Trouble is it will cost us close to 10,000 dollars on IVF becasue I carry a genetic disorder.

However we are willing to take the chance, theres still a good chance nothing will be passed on should we try natural conception. I'm in Vic does anyone know what options might be available to us?

Thanks

Does anyone have a recent price list for Concept in Perth?

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend one private health fund over another for covering IVF costs? We are with NIB but I hv t change son (no retail shop near my new job) and would love recommendations! We have HCF, MBF and Medibak Private nearby.
    Cheers

lily, maybe go in to each one and ask them what the offer for IVF, including waiting periods. Our fund use to have a 2 year wait on IVF, but have recently changed it (so they tell me)

Nic
    Last edited by nic; November 1st, 2007 at 12:23 PM.

Medibank private are shocking, only cover the bed on the OPU and anaestist. The rest is all out of pocket

We made the switch to Manchester Unity - but only recently and they have yet to be put to the test (still in the waiting period because we had PHI cover but not with Assisted Conception cover). I think Hollybolly is with them as well.

Ooh bec! Did you know that before hand or after?
    We are yet to claim our cycle with our PHI (Westfund) though as far as I know they paid the bed fees for pick up and transfer and some of the anaethethist (not sure how much, didn't get the full bill)

taking the big bill into them tomorrow....

Nic

Nic and Bec,
    PHI is only allowed to cover expenses incurred while admitted to hospital ie. they are not allowed to cover the amount you pay to your IVF clinic as that is not a hospital admission. If you have extras cover you might be able to claim some drug expenses. all PHI companys that say they cover IVF would give you the same amount back, it wuold only be the waiting period that would vary.

Anney, that would mean if I wanted to claim any drugs that the clinic would need to do up an invoice for whatever drugs I was taking for me to claim from my PHI?
    I was told on 2 seperate occassions that we were covered for IVF, plus our bed fees and they told me to try and get the clinic to bill them first so we could pay the difference?? I even took the item numbers into our PHI and got them to ring me back with the amounts we would be paid, but maybe that was medicare they were talking about?

Oh well, will find out tomorrow I suppose

Nic

I have seen posts that girls are covered in full for one Stim cycle a year from certain PHI, I'm going to do my homework. I understand that only in hospital procedures are covered, and as we all know the medicare safety net covers the rest anyway it would be like double dipping. My man at our retail store..lol over the years we are "friends" laughed at me when I said soooo I will be expecting a nice return because of my IVF bill, he told me that he may get $40 back.
    If you were to ask me what DD cost me, I have no idea but 4 stims and 15 FET's, 3 preg, 3 delieverys, about 10 weeks in hospital, a high risk doctor, a c-sect, surgery whilst pregnant, 15 weeks of pessaries, DD in SCN a paed there a paed here ..a hospital transfer oh and that is only whilst she was just born.......I am happy with MBP. If I never spend another day in hospital...I'm sure I owe them.

Nic,
    You can get your pharmacy to do a itemised listing of your transactions and take that to them and they pay on that
    Well MBP do
    Bec

slyder Guest

We are with Medibank and they paid the $1400 hospital fee, with us footing the $200 excess. They also pay for a percentage of DW's drugs like the pessaries and so on.

The PHI thing is totally over my head and DW does all of that. I know we used to be with MBF and they turned out to be crappy for some reason - can't recall why. I may have metioned this before because I am getting serious deja vu.

Our two boxes of Crinone were worked into our $5500 payment.,
    My mum picked up 2 boxes of pessaries for me today totalling $100.10, and they gave her an invoice/receipt, whatever it is, so will try and claim that one tomorrow.

I can claim our travel if we had an out patient service and claim some accommodation if we had an in patinet service! How silly is that.
    Anyway, will see what happens tomorrow I suppose

Nic

hi guys im new with this was just wondering if anyone had used lance herron in mackay qld and roughly the costs involved.

dee, that would be with QFG then wouldn't it?

Nic

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast