Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars...

mooshie Guest

well my dh just called me and he has put the order in for the Territory hooray we are getting extra's to like tinted windows, sunroof and a few others like some sort of fancy wheels.

best thing is that we are salary sacrifcing the balance we have to pay our tax bracket goes down so we only end up being $20 out of pocket. my dh has to drive 40,000 kms a year (something to do with FBT) so when we will come to buy it would have done 120,000 but that is fine as it will be my dh driving it and being a company car it will be fully serviced regulary etc. have been told the high consumption of fuel mainly cause it is a standard falcon motor on a bigger car, but that will be fine for the first 3 yrs as fuel will be paid for via company and when we buy it well i don't travel far only do max 10,000kms a year as we take the company car if we go anywhere on weekends. estimating our wholesale cost in 3 yrs time to buy it outright will be $20,000 so we will start saving that money seperatly in an offset account starting this week - gees my dh loves the way i plan for the future with money lol (someone has to do it)

am so excited as this also means in a roundabout way that dh opted for the extra seats making it a 7 seater as that is his way of saying okay we will go for another child HOORAY>

Yay Michelle- ttc here you comeLOL

But also great news on the car. I bet you can't wait till it's sitting in your driveway.

Cheers michelle

Hi

we have a Toyota Tarago 95 model, i LOOOOVE it , it seats 8 people and i dont think we will be able to have anything but a people mover for a long time to come.

We have a Toyota Prado 8 seater.... DH has 2 sons who stay every 2nd weekend & also a black lab who loves going for rides.... we also live on a farmlet so being 4wd is good.... plus we have a couple of spare seats for other people or room for bags etc...

our other car is a Subaru legacy stationwagon.... which will still be good for kids & the dog too...

Hi I know it has been awhile since anyone has posted here. Anyway here's my 2 cents
    Our first family car was my little 15y/o Yellow Mitsubishi Colt we upgraded to a ten year old Ford Falcn ST Wag when #2 came along, in 2000 it was falling apart so we actually got lucky and bought a Holden Comm ST Wag 2000 model, extra cheap cause it was an official Olympic vehicle and only had 3000km on it. Which we still have as hubby needs to drive something to work everyday. Last year in November When our 4th DD was born (and after months of research and test driving) we bought a Chrysler Grand Voyager 2004, it is the most excellent car ever, we love it. We do alot of travelling but were not off road type people so it made perfect sense to us to buy something that is comfortable, safe and stylish. But we would throw it away in an instance if SUV's became readily available here in AUS. Lol.
    Ta Dee

kath Guest

Hi

We have kiddies and I drive a VT sedan and there is more than enough room. What i like about the VT is the boot space I have a double pram and a stroller in the back and can still fit in the shopping. The back seats are very roomy I have two car seats and my 10 year old has plenty of room. I'ts very good on fuel 300km to a full tank ( 65ltr), it also looks pretty good too. But having said all of that I do like the look of the kia carnivals, My dh does'nt like the idea of a people mover, so he just bought himself a Nissan Patrol 7 seater and I know that will end up mine becouse hopfully *4 will be on it's way soon.

Kath

We bought a Huyundai Trajet in June and I'm really happy with it. I'm the only one who drives it (my DH has never driven me anywhere, ever) and I was just so in awe of all the room we have after driving a Daewoo Lanos for almost 5 years.

I was so sick of the fighting and whingeing in the back seat so now Brendan, 12, has the whole back row to himself and Daniel and Emma are in the middle. It's easier to get Emma in and out of her carseat than having to kneel in the back of the car like I did with Daniel.

The only thing I wish the car had is sliding rear doors like the Kia Carnival but the reviews I read of the Kia were shockingly bad. Engines blowing up at
    50 000kms etc.

I had to do about a 20 point turn out of a carpark yesterday but I still love the car.

We are currently driving a 87 Camira but with the 5 kids in the back its pretty unsafe.We do have a 84 Tarago but we have to put a new motor in it.

I like the look of kia carnivals, I am thinking in the future it might be good to have. I just have a question for those who own one - I have seen these cars in parking lots and they don't seem to have a great deal of boot space when all the seats are in use - can you fit a pram and shopping in there?

Bon

Our Tarago died about 4 months ago and we bought a Holden Jackaroo with 7 seats....and I love it.

We just bought a holden vectra recently. we used to have a lancer but it was only a 2-door, so we decided to buy a bigger car, and one with 4 doors because its so much more convenient and hheaps more space than the old car.

Holden Jackaroo 7 seater \/ \/ \/

Jo

Hi there
    we have the Kia, I have a Limo pram, which folds to the same size as most prams, which takes up about a 3rd of the boot space, and I can fit the shopping easily, prob is it does fall over as yo have to stack it up as you can imagine. I oftwen just dump stuff inside the car IYKWIM.

ur Kia is up to 100,000klms and has it's original engine, so far things have been fine with it mechanically

We have a trajet, & i must say, for a people mover it's got some grunt!Especially on the highways when hills come up, I'm no longer the one in the left lane being overtaken!!!!!I really hated that about the starwagon.

jullyn06 Guest

we have an 8 seater toyota landcruiser gxl, which is fantastic for us as all 6 kids will fit in comfortably, and we can still go four wheel driving, and tow our boat when we go on holidays

Colleen Guest

We only have 1 child and I think DP liks just 1 coz we can all still fit in his 90 Ford F150 lol

I have a VT sedan, we had to buy something fast when we got back from Darwin because I had alot of trouble parking the f150 ( didnt fit in the frankston shops underground parking & was killing my back getting the pram out of the tray lol

My car does the job but we've discussed now that Jaykob is walking that around July I'll sell it and get a "last fling" car being a Silvia / s15/ 200sx. I wanted one prior to falling preg ans if I have anymore kids I couldnt get them all into the back seat lol So while its just me & Jay 80% of the time in it Im getting one. Then when we have #2 I will go back to a traditional family car

one of my girlfriends at work has 4 kids (blended - 2x2), they have just got an Honda Odessey, she finds it quite easy to drive once she got used to it being a bit longer than a "normal" car (but then again her old car was a laser). It also gives room for 4 lots of school bags & 4 kids (and keeps the 8yo girl twins a bit further away in the seats - they kick!). There is usually enough room for me in there (they live 2 streets away) when I need a lift to work.

We have a FPV ute and a mazda 2 - methinks we're going to have to upgrade the mazda at some stage (currently drooling over a Chrysler 300C)

allidancer Guest

Hey... We used to have to take 2 cars wherever we went until we bought a Ford Spectron. Only issue then was i can't drive a manual so when we found out #5 was coming my lovely mechanic offered to convert it to an auto for me!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast