Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Large Families - July/August 2005

What a great walk Vanita and wow at all your energy with the washing etc. Maybe you don't need much sleep. i am still waiting to fire up and have been for 7 days now. I thinkit's just cos it's cold.

I went into josh's classroom today, then to a gf's for a cuppa and then Arron decided we should go to Target and buy a new portable phone and some shirts for him. The good thing is I got the pressies that I had to get so now I don't need to go down again. Which is good in this weather. it's the pits getting kids in and out of the car when it's raining.

Hope tomorrow is as good for you as today was. I am sposed to be at Mum's for ebay/scrapshop day, so nothing will be done here again, and as for scrapbooking, I am the same. I so want to do stuff but just can't get into it. i am going to organise a scrapnight with Mum and my cousin so we get something done.

Have a good day tomorrow
    Michelle

tiggy Guest

Hi Girls,

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi, see how you're all going.

We are in the process of birthdays (It was the twins last week and Lily's on Sunday). Can't wait for school holidays, we are taking all the kids away to Tassie, travelling on the ferry from Melbourne. It is the first holiday that we've had since William died so really looking forward to it. Hoping taking so many children won't be too big a deal.

Also thinking that we are changing schools when we get back, long story but I think we will just have to do it.

So alot happening, how are you all?

Tiff, have a great Hoilday will spend ours close to home, awaiting the new arrival! just going to take the kids to madagascar, and swimming,a nd stuff like that.

Hey Tiff have a great holiday, sounds like ace fun to me, I bet the kids love it.

Yes no big adventures for us this holidays, just the bb meetup and Jordan is going to the netball camp in Parkville, and Josh has a bday party. I wouldn't mind taking the kids to the flicks, so we'll have to see how we go.

Cheers Michelle

Hey everyone,just popping in to say hi!!! things are bad here,our car broke down on Monday so now we havent got a car i can take bub in (no anchor points in the van!!!) So i am stuck at home til it gets fixed....Thank God the ABA meeting is only round the corner from me!!!
    Kids are all good,off to school and creche...Dommie is in bed,which is why i should be doing housework,but cant be bothered!!!
    Our kids have just gone back to school,so no holidays for us for a while....
    Tiff,whereabouts in Tassie are you going?? Its a wonderful place here...
    Take care everyone

tiggy Guest

Hi Suzie,

We are staying in a house at Oatlands but beyond that, don't know. Have had a few suggestions, like the seahorse farm and the Cadbury factory. Dave and I still have to sit down and map out our day trips. Of course we'll take the kids to Port Arthur. Three of them are in year three and are studying convicts next term.

Sorry to hear about your car.

The cadbury factory is a definite thing you have to go to (i havent been there,but from what i have heard it is great!!)
    oatlands is beautiful too....Dont know anything about the seahorse farm,but im sure it will be worth going to...
    I will have a think and see if there are any other places (apart from port Arthur) that you could go...
    I remember studying convicts at school myself,so Port Arthur will be a great help to them...
    Thanks....I guess it is just one of those things that if people listened to me,wouldnt happen...
    It was my Dh Neil who did it by jumpstarting his friends car after i asked him not to (our car has a computer in it so you cant!!!) Oh well men never listen!!

Oh Tiff the Cadbury factory is a must, Arron and I went opn our honeymoon, it's yummy! And Port Arthur was good too, but the best part was the night tour, make sure you go on that. How long are you away for?

Susie that is such a bummer about the car, grr at DH's that don't listen, it's a man thing, and you can't tell them!

Cheers Michelle

*Yvette* Guest

So you're all nicely waxed now Vanita, how lovely. What was the Dirty Dancing thing? The pressie thing with the kids sounds like a lovely idea. So does sitting in a beanbag reading, but I'd be worried about getting back up again.

Michelle I did have a clean house briefly, but I blinked and missed it.

Lindsay has been bookmarking scrapbook stuff for me on eBay, but I'm nowhere near ready to face starting it yet. I think the first thing would be to plan which pictures are going in and count the photos then buy the appropriate books. I'm planning on doing a family website as well, and wondering if there can be a digital alternative. I have a hard time editing the photos, there are so many in the albums. I felt so relieved having scanned them all, and I only look at them on my puter now, but you can't set them out the same as a scrapbook, or can you? It's for the kids I want to do it really, so it's easy for them to look at their own baby photos etc. Hmmmm.

Nice to see you Tiff, the holiday sounds lovely. Changing schools will be a big deal for so many kids, a lot of uniforms to get. Is it a distance thing or issues with the school? 20 years since I went to Tassie, but I remember how beautiful Port Arthur was, & I still remember the Cadbury factory, can't miss that, lol. I remember forests & waterfalls & devonshire teas & adorable b&bs too.

Mine want to see Madagascar too. I think Meagan and Jaimie gave it 4 stars, can't remember what Margaret and David gave it, I keep falling asleep in front of the telly. We have to watch both movie shows now since M & D went to the ABC, & I've always listened to Meagan on JJJ.

Hi Suzie. Bummer being temporarily carless, a scary concept. What's ABA?

I have a cold again, but Angus seems to be getting over his. Had my big Ob appointment & have had the 3D ultrasound. All's well with the babies but the birth is still worrying me - full details are on the website.

There are toys all over the floor but I can't get down to pick them up, and 2 full baskets of washing on the dining table to fold, but I was too puffed out earlier to finish making a cup of tea - had to sit down & here I shall stay. One of those days, maybe the babies have moved.

Hi girls
    Well we get our car back tomorrow morning \/ ,it was ready today but i couldnt get anyone to take me there to get it... #-o
    i will be so happy to get it back...
    Found out what is the matter with it,it was the jumpstart that Neil did and the fact that the noise he heard on the way downtown was the fanbelt breaking,hence the fact that the batery light came on and the water wasnt being circulated round the engine.... A $10 part ended up costing us $220!!!! they had to reset the computer in it too..Men,i tell you,i just want to knock dh out!!
    Yvette ABA is the Australian breastfeeding association,i am a member and the hostess and librarian for the Burnie branch here.... i go to every meeting,and luckily idnt miss out today as a friend picked me up on her way there....
    Hope your cold gets better soon,i hate being sick and it must be worse when you are pregnant with two!!!
    LOl at the clean house blinking and miss it thing,i feel like that myself..
    Looking forward to bed tonight,the kids have been asleep for ages,and Dominic was up for a half an hour and then went back to bed....
    Take care everyone!!

*Yvette* Guest

Lol Suzie, not so many blokes know about cars these days.

Of course, ABA. It was nursing mothers when I used to go with my first baby. I imagine I'll be in touch with them soon about bf twins.

Yes, colds suck when pg because of not taking lots of lovely drugs for it. Have to make do with honey & lemon drinks.

That washing is still sitting there, and I think it's gonna keep sitting there. I'll put another load through, and we'll all just have to rummage through the baskets for clean clothes til I feel better.

HI girls
    Susie- hopefully you are back on the road, all's well that ends well I guess LOL Maybe next time Dh will be a little more careful whjat he's doing with the car.

Yvette- I love the rumage through the basket thing, bad luck if you aren't up to folding, who cares! The girls could always do the folding. Jordan's punishment for 4 wks was to fold her own washing and she was pretty bad at it but got better. (she was being punished for throwing her washing under the bed etc instead of putting it away).

Anyway gotta run, Arron's got somne mate I don't know here.

Cheers Michelle

Welcome to July girls, I can't believe it is here already, Joshua has 13 sleeps till he turns 6 and he can't wait. I can though cos I am still waiting for his doona cover to come in and have heard nothing so I getting worried that's for sure!

I hope Tiff and the family are having a great holiday.

Hopefully you haven't got long to go Vanita, although I haven'yt seen you here for a couple of days, is that good news?

Yvette how are you feeling! How are the school hols for your girls going? Are they bored yet? Did you do anything exciting with them?

Susie how are your lot going! Are they having fun on the holidays?

We are not going to make the pictures unless we do it on Monday after we take Jessica to the childrens hospital, Maybe I'll suggest that to Arron.

next week is our busy week, a bday party for Josh, a 3 day Netball camp for Jordan, plus Kidz Digz as well. I will be so glad when school starts back LOL

Cheers Michelle

Hi there, Michelle, still hovering around, am feeling frustrated, coz with the others I didnt expect to go early, and now that I did think it would happen early it hasnt, and I wished i was still working or something, I have been scrapbooking like mad to try stop just waiting, have done about 40 pages, and cooking roasts n fancy stuff for dinner, am actually up to date on the washing and folding, and Im bored silly, I just dont know what to do with myself!!!
    The kids had a sleepover at grannies house, and saw the heffalump movie, and then Chris took them to see Madagascar.
    They are enrolled in vicswim, so every morning next week they will have a lesson, and we have bits n pieces organised to fill up the rest of their days, its me thats the PIA. I keep saying to Chris, Im bored!!! So I sound like a cranky 6 year old at the moment!!!

PMSL Vanita at you being the bored one, Your Dh will be wishing you were working LOL.

Oh well not much else you can do really, unless someone does patent that magic wand I was talking about somewhere else. Hopefully you go in by the end of next week. Funny though cos you are the opposite of me, I had 3 late and the 4th early you are the total opposite, I think my way was nicer.

Take care over the weekend, although you may need to go on some more of thsoe big walks.

Cheers Michelle

Yes if it wasnt for the weather I would have been out everyday, trying to work this bubs out.LOL

*Yvette* Guest

Just think Vanita, the longer you keep him in, the more likely you can bring him straight home.

Lol @ you being the bored one & not the kids.

Not much happening here. Ruth is at a sleepover. I have plenty to do but tend to just write lists of things to do. 8-[

I bought Rianna straight home, coz she was 3410gms at 36 weeks, so I am a bit worried if he doesnt come soon i'll need a crane to carry him!!!
    Am already measuring 41 cms ( last week) so will I get him out???? LOL

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast