Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Larger Families Chatter ~ March 2007

Hi all,

Is it OK if i join in here?

Course it is!!
    Although everybody has gone MIA .........

i am still here storm, not that i post much........a bit slack

i had a huge barney with my 14yo daughter last night, its always when she asks for help doing assignments.........she asks my help....so i assist.....then she becomes a sarcastic biartch with all the things she should do.......im sure she does it so MUM WILL DO IT FOR HER.......god it drives me mad.

caity has been a bit sick these last couple of days, i havent had alot of sleep of late

4 weeks till i take 5 kids and myself to qld......cant wait.....no husband as well.

have a great night girls...if anyone is reading

Wow Chrissy, are you driving up?goodluck.
    lol at Jessica too, mine pull that one on me as well, but I tell them that I have finished school & I will only help with how they set it out, not the research, other wise I might as well do the hole thing. When Dylan was in 5th grade I helped him & when it came home marked it said, "Nice work, mum" lol, never again!!

I too have one who would like me to do his homework for him, DS(13) hates school and really struggles, but I still make him do it himself (most of the time! LOL)

tiggy Guest

It must be a kid thing because mine do it to me too.
    I have jut finished two assignments on Australian Prime Ministers! LOL
    I hope I get an A+!!!!

We've had sickies here too.
    Wishing for Winter to be over already and we've only just had our first lot of cold weather and illness.

I bet you are looking forward to your trip Chrissy!
    I'd love to go to QLD right about now.

Did I tell you girls we got a new bus?
    It came in handy on the weekend when we lost all power because of the storms. It powered up the nebuliser when Ivy and Noah had an asthma attack and it took us swiftly and safely to Sydney before the second storm hit.

He he...Emmy and I just did a power point presentation on Indonesia. We got 50/50!!! LOL.

Wow Tiggy..that was lucky. Yay for the new bus! Its so much fun getting a new car hey,,,we spent hours in ours just enjoying driving around when we first got it.

Chrissy good for you driving yourself up with the kids. How long are you staying for?

All you poor sickies..its awful when it hits cos it just seems to go through everyone doesnt it...im hoping we last a bit longer before anything happens...our latest thing has been NITS!!!! arrrgh..thankfully its been fairly contained in only one child, but i so hate that other parents DO NOT check their kids hair!!!

Jo

I hear you with the other parents & nits jo, it drives me bonkers. Geez I wish you could use frontline!!

Sickies have left our house & I never want to see them back again.....

Yay for the new bus Tiff. what'd ya get???

tiggy Guest

Hey Jo,
    We got a new Toyota Hiace Commuter. You can see a piccie of it on the blog if you want.
    It's lovely and yes, jo, we have been loving driving it around and Dave and I have been planning road trips away, when it's holiday time...not that that will be likely for a while. All the sickies have left us with no leave left from work.

Ugh! I hate nits too. What's more is I hate that it costs me $52 everytime I have to treat my kids, which is often because (a) I do the right thing and check and treat and (b)someone up at the school can't be bothered! It's very annoying.

Hi girls
    Yay Tiff on the bus!!

Yuck at NITS I hate them too, mine all got them just bf xmas and I kept treating until new years day, was a huge PITA

LOL at you girls and the homework thing. My DH was helping my DD (12) with her homework the other day bc he was so excited and interested in it. She was watching TV and he was working on it. I asked him why she wasn't their, he was too engrossed to answer lol

Hope yo have stacks of fun in QLD. We spent our 1st weekend at our onsite caravan this weekend just gone...loved it. Will be back again on school hols YAY

Well done Tiff, nothing like a brand new car.

hello ladies i hope i can just drop in ive been searching for the larger family forums. I have 4 DD 12 4 3 & 3months. Well done Tiff on the new car we just bought a kia carnival its the best things we ever did as far as purchases go it fits every one in nice a nd roomy its has a roof mounted dvd i much recomend it for every one with wireless head phones theres silence in minutes. Now hubby can have his 4x4 back that keeps him happy.nits i hate them but only dd 12 seems to get them so far its so time consuming and expensive and all dd can do is winge that its annoying for me to do it i kindly remind her i dont really enjoy it either.
    kath

Nit's drive me up the wall too! It costs a fortune to treat them only for them to go back to school & get them from someone else!

How is everyone?

Hi Kath!!! Welcome!!

Angel just got her chest checked & woo hoo her lungs are finally clear!!! Off to the pead on friday I hope I get the same good news abt her heart too!!

Hi girls, great to see people chatting again.
    Welcome Kath! There are a few of us with an age spread. My oldest is 12 and youngest is 10 months.
    Nits...I've only had them with the boys...who were given a No 1 instantly on the back verandah by DH! At the pharmacist's advice. We STILL had a few clinging around the ears. This happened when they came back from the school camp. "Mum, we didn't NEED the pillow slips you sent with us. There were some already on the pillows!"
    Our hot water heater is MIA due to being completely submerged in the flooding...water is still standing by that side of the house. It has to be the lowest point in the suburb and there is nowhere for it to go. (It's nearly completely out of the water now but the pilot light is down at the bottom.) I don't think it will be useable, we'll probably have to get a new one.
    The washing machine heats its own water, but dishes have to be washed with water heated on the gas stove & we go down to a friend's house for showers.

How awful for you re the flooding Castle. It truly is a pita!!

i HAVE A KIA TOO AND love IT, JUST AS SOON AS IT COMES HOME THAT IS. hAD TO HAVE THE engine repaired and it has taken 4 wks already. It had a fault and Kia pd half, which means it costs us $4070. Gotta get DH to ring and see how much longer.

mbeckham Guest

hi all
    i ve mia for ages too my twins turned one on friday and we had huge party on sunday and wouldnt you know it half of our party came down with gastro on mon including me hubby and 4 out of 5 of my kids my poor 10 year old held down the fort looking after babies for a fair amount of time so embarassing
    kitty kat i have a kia carnival with mounted dvd player it is the best thing ever funny thing that happened about a month after we got it that movie finished half way to school and my7 year old panicked "oh no what are we going to do now mum" umm look out the window like you have been doin for the last 7 years before we got dvd player ....NITS what a night mare we seem to finally have them under control boys put gel in their hair every morning they only wash their hair on saturdays and we use tea tree shampoo we ve been nit free for about 6 months now....

hi ladies love to join this chat im a mum of 4 girls agecd 12 10 09 and 1 love to talk to other mums enjoying the crazy and hectic life of four or more children

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast