Thread: Anyone had these tests done?

Default Anyone had these tests done?

hi everyone,
    we have had one round of IVF last year with 7 embryos but no luck. My gyno has now suggested we do a bit more investigation before going back to another stim cycle, which I think is a good idea, although expensive!!

I am going in for day surgery next week for a hysteroscopy and biopsy...bascially looking around the uterus and taking a sample. Anyone had this procedure?

I have also had 6 blood tests done - many of them about clotting issues...anyone had these done? To my understanding we are looking at the reasons why the embyros may not have implanted... we did produce excellent quality little ones, but did not implant.

Anyone elses experience or insight is always welcome.

I am near the bottom of the rollercoaster right now and not feeling good...all the usual things - sick of waiting, sick of not understanding why this is not happening as we had our first bub so easy, and feeling sad seeing everyone else pregnant..

Sorry, but it is so nice to know I can had an understanding there on Belly Belly.

i've had a hysteroscopy a coulple of years back, and that part was pretty straight forward - dialate the cervix and send a fibre optic camera in for a squzzy. the biopsy is probably to check for the presence of NK (natural killer) cells - i didn't have this done, but i know a lot of ladies have had this done - i believe there is a thread about immunological tests that is a sticky in either LTAC or LTTTC - might be worth you having a bit of a read up hun

hope it all goes smoothly for you

BG

Hi Runnermum,

I can't help with your procedure but I have a blood clotting disorder. Mine is called Prothombin Gene mutation.

It means that I have to have blood thinners when I am actually pregnant and be monitored to make sure I don't get any blood clots. Have not idea if it caused my issues, a few opinions on that but it has been recommended that I take 100mg of aspirin next transfer anyway.

My blood disorder runs in the paternal side of my family and can I tell you - they all breed like rabbits. Some have had a few issues but all have gone on to have loads of babies!
    Last edited by Lucia; February 22nd, 2008 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermum View Post
    hi everyone,
    I am near the bottom of the rollercoaster right now and not feeling good...all the usual things - sick of waiting, sick of not understanding why this is not happening as we had our first bub so easy, and feeling sad seeing everyone else pregnant..

It is really hard to stay positive and not get so negative about everything especially when everyone else is getting up the duff. But don't get jealous and tap into those Fertility vibes and asbord them - get them to rub off on you!!!!

*las* Guest

Yes, have had all those done, all while during a lap when we were having trouble conceiving DS.

What day are you growing your embryo's to?? Are they also going to look at the quality of the embryo's??

thanks very much everyone for your replies - always SO wonderful to log back in and see that somebody has been in a similar experience. WE are lucky to have this forum.

Las - we are going to grow the embryos to blast stage this time (5 days) assuming it all goes well up until then. Previously we did 2 day embryos and the quality was highest grade and one at a time. Now it will be 2 at a time because of my age (38).

brissy's girl - if you see the thread about, let me know, it would be good to read it.
    Lucia - wow - that is a positive note - thank you very much.

*las* Guest

Runnermum - I forgot you and I see the same FS! The protocol for our next Full Stim is exactly what you have said he's doing for you. It also had seemed like perfect embies at Day 2, but he is now certain they aren't and are going to Blast from now on. I hope this works for you, and quickly!

this is the thread i was referring to - it might be a bit more indepth than you were after, but it might be helpful

immunology thread

Hey Runnermum

I had a lap and hysto last August. Actually my FS does it as a matter of course before starting IVF. I guess the thing is they will be able to have a good look around and see if there are any anatomical challenges. It will definately be worth having it done.

Good luck hope all goes well

oh las, this is wonderful - what is your timeline looking like? I wish all the best to you as well. I assume that I will have to wait a month after surgery to start the stim cylce?

when are you starting?
    thanks for the positive thoughts Belle333 and also thanks for the link Brissy's girl.

only a few days to wait until surgery now.

I havent had a sample taken from my uterus but I have had some immunolgy testing done and my FS has reccomended clexaine starting day after pick up. This is to be used to create a healthy area inside the uterus so my little bubby can implant and enable the placenta to form without being killed off by my immune system. I dont have a clotting problem but my immune system is working overtime. Good luck with your operation!!! hope you get some answers soon.

*las* Guest

Runnermum - Your follow up appointment will be 4-6 weeks after the proceedure, depending on what he finds while in there. Thank you! We've have brought our cycle forward a bit, so today is CD 1! Start the pill on Saturday! Hope it's not too long before you are ready to get going again