Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blastocyst Vs Day 2/3 transfer

**SuziQ tippytoes back in**

Yep, if it ain't broke Bec, don't try to fix it!

**SuziQ scuttles back out again**

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

*Bumping for dream bub*

bumpity bump for kim.b

I'm in the final days of the 2ww from my first IVF cycle. We put two Day 2 embies. I've been seeing some spots of blood but not AF yet --- but I dread her arrival. <pathetic look> I too believe in the fatalist approach, if it is going to happen it will happen. I have also felt I was going to do IVF, I knew I needed AH (assisted hatching) and I had thought I needed a Day 5 transfer. I think with IVF being sooo personal, you really need to feel like "Y0U" have made the decisions so you feel incontrol of your own body. I don't wish I would have done anything differently... but if I need to do another IVF cycle I will move onto a Day 5 transfer...

different topic :
    On a U.S. website a woman talked about this concept started by a nurse called "Positive Approaches Regarding Infertility Treatment" the concept DID have a religious angle (but alot of U.S. stuff does) -- but the website showed the waiting room and insemination room. Very cool !! The waiting room is more like a kitchen where women can sit around a table and encourage chatting -- make themselves some tea, etc. The insemination room is decorated like a bedroom with a big duvet cover !! Very very interesting.

Heather
    Heather

sick of bumping, now sticking! Lol!

Ok to add to the debate..... my first IVF cycle I put two Day 3 embies this FET cycle I put two Day 5 embies which I had to really request for ....

BFP +++++++++++ Found out today ! I am 5 days late testing due to going away for the weekend so I tested on Monday and my Hcg was into the 1,000s so we were hoping for multiples we will see.....

Just add on to Just-waiting Brisbane's happy ending story, here is my sad-ending of my 1st IVF attempt...
    15 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilised, on day 3, I have 5 grade 1 8 cells + 3 grade 2 8 cells (thrilled), and by day 5, I have one blast transfer and 1 blast frozen, we have to wait for the rest till day 6 but none of them made it (devasteted)...

And only a week after transfer, I started to bleed. The one we trasferred was a grade 2 blast...

I still think blast is the way to go...I might be just unlucky not to be in those 45%...a thought did cross my mind though, should I give day 3 grade 1 embryo a chance next time?

Time will tell...

Default BeiBei

Bei Bei I'm so sorry this cycle did not work out for you. One week after transfer you started to bleed ??? I would try to insist that your doc monitors your progesterone level next time to make sure that is kept high enough. I've read that the suppositories need to be taken three times a day and then gel (Crinone) I'm not sure about. This past cycle we checked my progesterone twice to make sure it was good. (but I had to insist) I've heard good things about having FET since it uses your own progesterone and not dependant on all the meds. The thing about using blastocycsts is that you at least know the embies you put in are fighters. Instead of several cycles of putting back embies that are less likely to succeed. For me after all these procedures I was getting to the end of my trying so I wanted what I wanted. For me Day 5 were what I wanted. I don't know if my rambling helped any, it doesn't take away the pain you must be feeling and I'm sorry.

Hey Heather,

I had my b/t result back yesterday and appearantly HCG was under 2, which nurse was suggesting that implantation didn't take place. I asked my FS if I need immunologic testing as it could cause implantation failure and he said its still early stage, after all, this is my 1st cylce. On one hand he is right, might be too quick to jump to conculsions, but on the other hand, I really don't want to go through meaningless cycles with emotional and financial stress when some stones are left unturned before I embark on another one...well, I guess I have to trust his judgement...

I have been using crinone gel twice a day 2 days after EPU, which I assume would provide good level of progesterone, but I will definately ask them to monitor it to ensure the dosage is adequate...

Thanks for the encouragment on FET cycle...which I have no idea what to anticipate...how many cycles you had altogether before your wonderful success can I ask? and did you confirm if you are going to have a singleton or twins? So happy for you though!!!

I did 5 IUIs and one IVF and had 6 frozen embies. since we don't have our u/s until May 1 I don't know how many we will have. I think with IF you just need to trust your doctor yet feel you have tried what YOU feel you need to try to make this work. The FET cycle was so much more relaxing so if you can try that you would love it. I was sore after ER and my FEt cycle was easy and relaxing. I've heard of people doing fresh IVF cycle and then freezing all embies then waiting for a FET cycle. Always a risk of losing the embies of course.

Heather

good luck with your ultrasound tomorrow Heather! it will be so interesting to see if you have one or two littlies in there!

Hi Sushee

Ive just had a FET with a 3 and 8 cell embryo put back. does the 8 cell have greater chance of taking or is pretty much a much of a muchness????

Hi collo,

it is commonly believed that the more advanced an embryo is, the better the chances of it being viable. But I'm going to say this, I have known many women who have put in two embryos of varying qualities who have gone on to have twins, or even women who have had a 'poor' quality embryo transferred who then went on to have successful pgs.

I think that while the medicos would prefer an advanced embryo, I don't believe that it means your 3 cell doesn't have as good a chance of implanting. IVF is such an inexact science. I reckon where there is life there is hope.

Thanks Sushi this is all a bit of mystery to me. Im glad there are people around like you to exp[lain this in simple terms.. So when do you think I could test? AF isnt due for another 6 days normally I get really sore boobies and spotting around now and all I have is cramping dont know if that means anything but I hope it does

Collo,

as long as you're not on pregnyl I would probably test on cd26/12dpo. It's still early (anything before when AF is due is early) so don't expect it to be accurate. Well, unless it's +ve, then of course it's accurate! LOLOL!

ram11s Guest

Hi Guys,
    I'm only new to this site, and hope it' o.k for me to put me two cents in. On July 9th I've received my BFP after 3 stimulates cylce and 2 frozen. I had 3 transfers with embryos at 5/6 (Blast) prior to my BFP. I had all my embryos using ICIS with PGD (no choice, husabnd has a genetic disease). A girlfriend of mine fell pregnant first go on IVF with a 2 day embryo. So really, when you think about it, I have a total of 5 embies at blast stage and 3 failed. My last attempt, I had 2 placed back in, due for my first ultrasound 31/7 to see whether we are carring one or two. So it doesn't really matter whether you place the embies back at day2/3 or blast stage, if they are meant to be with you they will stick around.

Helen
    me..27yo DH ...29yo
    1# ICIS with PGD ... no transfer
    1# FET .. BFN
    2# ICIS with PGD ... BFN
    3# ICIS with PGD ... BFN
    2# FET ... BFP

Helen you are right --- if they are meant to stick around they will. I describe IF like Roulette -- you just need to keep rolling the dice and when you number comes up you WIN. Sometimes (like my situation) it made feel better to do things "my way" and feel like I had done what I thought would work for me. Other times we just check off things on our IF "TO DO" list until we have felt like we have tried everything.

Well, I just realized I didn't get back to this thread to inform you that we are having TWINS and we found out we are having two girls !!

I'm sending a truck load of baby dust to each of you.

Heather

This is our first cycle of IVF, and although im still on injections fingers crossed i get a date for EPU tomorrow, the nurse explained to us that we would be having a blast 4-5 day transfer. I sort of understand it, and am really interested to hear the success rate in comparrison to a day 2-3 transfer? Does it make a difference? or does it really depend on the individual?? Its so confusing and interesting all at the same time.
    TIA for your wealth of knowledge xx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast