Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experience with Ovidrel Injection for trigger

Default Experience with Ovidrel Injection for trigger

Anyone out there have experience on Ovidrel injection for trigger in a full stim IVF cycle?

We used Pregnyl in our 1st stim cycle and apart from the little bleed on the site no big side effect on me. I think I've read somewhere it is really painful for Ovidrel, is that true? I haven't open the pack yet but how big the needle is?

Sorry sounds a bit chicken here...my trigger most likely to be this the next 2 days, so want to mentally prepare for it...any advice would be lovely ladies.

Bei, I've had Ovidrel every time for my trigger and no dramas to date

Its a little painful - and you can definately feel it going in a LOT more than the pregnyl, but its ok, I promise

I always do the other injections with a bat of an eyelid, but I do make sure that I take a big breath before the Ovidrel, and breathe out as I push it in - Not sure if it helps really, or if its more phsycological, but whatever works, hey?!

You'll be fine, you have my word

Bei, well done you on all the injections to date! I found Ovadril a bit of a bugger as it didn't pierce my skin as easily as the other injections including Pregnyl. I found it was better to try and jab it a little harder than normal to get it through the outer skin. i feel a little bad telling you this but this was my experience and the not getting it in stressed me more than the actual injection, which does sting a bit, but this is where a partner comes in handy to utter words of exclamation too.

As Holly says you will be fine, and i think i have thicker and harder skin than most these days
    best of luck with your EPU etc.

xx

BeiBei, I can't really help at all with your ovidrel questions, but I did want to drop by and tell you that I've been thinking of you a lot lately, and I'm very glad to see you back here again.

Good luck.

BW

Hey Lovey,
    The ovidrel injections are a walk in the park. Honest hun. No problems at all. No pain. No bruising. Yes the needle is bigger and a little bit harder to pierce the skin, but no problems at all. Maybe i have a super technique going on. I just pinch my skin quite firmly and kind of throw/jab. I think the directions tell you to throw it like a dart. I kep thinking like hell. I'm not throwing a dart into myself. So much of this stuff is all in our heads. Its no big deal at all. I still get nervous looking at the size of the needle ,but once its done every single time-I call myself a giant sook. There its done and that was no big deal at all. Only as big as i made it.

Ah ha that will teach me to read the instructions before trying next time Phew BeiBei i am glad it was just my technique that made it more difficult for me and you should be fine with this good advice . Yep jabbing it did the trick once i tried the unsuccessful gentle pushing technique.

Oh, thank you so much for the advice ladies. I am now feeling more confident of receiving the needle...and will ask DH to have a look as he is the one who is going to administrate it...''to throw it like a dart', how funny! He will enjoy doing that I am sure...BTW, the trigger is on Wednesday and EPU is this Friday, YAY! I will be drug free soon...

Yes pollyanna, I found to pinch the skin first make it so much easier even for lucrin or puregon injections...

BW, how nice of you to drop by, its so great to see you here. It seems there are a lot happened in the last 4 months but I am glad you are on the right track now, you are such a strong woman. Hang in there, I am sure this year (year of the rat as of 7th Feb) will be kind to us.

I had mine this morning and I was quietly cacking myself, I had plans of doing the frozen coin on the site and was unorganised and just had to jab it in.
    No pain there is a bit of bruising tonight (it doesnt hurt but it is enough to get DH to cook tea while I put my feet up)
    I have my FET back in on Friday so our cycles are close...lets hope they are in sync to be sucessful.
    Thinking of you and DH the dart thrower over the next few days and isnt it nice to be drug free!!
    Bec

This ovidrel is starting to sound like the orgalutran I had with my last stim cycle. The needle just felt blunt and it was hard to get through the skin. I really didn't enjoy having to do puregon, lucrin and orgalutran all on the same night! I just opted for a shove, rather than a dart - it got the job done!

BeiBei, it sure as hell seems that it's impossible to get even worse than last year. But we have come through that and survived, it can only get better from here. Being born in the year of the rat doesn't sound too glamorous, though! Looking forward to having you around again - you have definitely been missed! Friday's day 15 of my cycle - I'll ovulate not long afterwards, so it looks like we could be days apart again!

BW

Well done Bec and Bec's DH for cooking the tea...how nice!

I had a couple of bruises on my tummy in the past and they take sooooo long to recover (not painful just scary to look), so most of the shots for this cycle are on my bum (DH is getting really professional at this), we were joking that by the end of this cycle, my bum will be like a colander...

I normally do lucrin and puregon in the morning so I am hoping the trigger will be at night...

Can't believe to have you both in with me for this cycle (BW, just read your TTC journal and YAY for your decision for the transfer, I so agree with you about 'progressing is the best way to memorize our angel babies') and regardless of the result, I feel that I am winning this cycle already...

Hi Beibei,
    Just wanted to drop in and see how you went with your ovudril injection? I hope it went well. Mine did. I have a second ovudril injection one week after ovulation to extend my luteal phase. So funny we were both doing the same thing today. Hope it went well

Pauline

Hey thanks Pollyanna for thinking of me...

Did my injection last night at 730pm and EPU is tomorrow 730am...it was a breeze I have to say, DH did the injection and I was 'woo and huah' for a while but purely just to get some sympathy like you said, no bruise, no pain all you can feel it the liquid is going in at the time...so all good! Thank you so much!

Just wish me luck tomorrow!

Beibei,
    I do wish you so much luck tommorow. I also hope and pray that you get a goodnights sleep. you poor chicken you are probably horribly nervous and i hope that its all successful and painless. What a ridiculous time of the morning to have that done. Baaa humbug. Wishing you every possible success with it though.

Becg,
    I hope everything is going well for you too. it seems all of our cycles are scarily in sync at the moment. meaning with the help of drugs we are all ovulating or getting af at the same time. Lets pray its no the latter.I'm quietly spewing for you that you got a bruise. What a bugger. they take so long to go away. The joy of your skin going all the colours of the rainbow first.Goodluck with tommorow,hopefully you don't have to be up to early and that it isnt too awful.

Butterfly:I hope everything is on track for you to ovulate shortly as well. You really have been a pincushion of late. I dread to think what some of those injections have been like. The ones where you have to mix the powder tend to look paticularly painful. I take notice all the time of where you are at, and i pray that this cycle is a GOOD ONE.THE ONE-nudge nudge,wink,wink.

BeiBei,
    I will have my fingers and toes crossed that you have an amazingly good quality and quanity OPU, with no sickness attached to it LOL (well not for 2 weeks anyway). I love early pickups at least you are home by lunch time and taking it easy and lapping up every ounce of love you can to get you in a good place for transfer.

Polly :Thanks for your thoughts it is eary that our cycles are so similar..still yellowish and purple unfortunatley at work the other day a friend came in and told me some news and I jumped up and whacked my leg so I have matching pair LOL Fet is booked for 11am so a little sleep in.

BW: I too feel for you and all the injections I pray this all comes to a good end for you very soon.

Better go and find some good inplantation food..LOL hmm icecream!
    Bec
    Anyone with Fets do Progesterone the night before transfer, Cant remember just dont want to clog up the passage for the catheter (TMI) If I do

Hey thanks Polly and Bec...yeah, I actually don't mind early pick-ups either, I just want to get it over with and then snuggle in bed with my book for the day...if the rain is falling, even better!

Bec, I am pretty sure that you need either Prog pessary or Crinion before transfer, I had pessary for my FET and crinion for Stim cycle, don't know why though. You are funny I am sure it won't clog up the catheter for transfer hehe...

Hey I have a question too (which I forgot to ask nurse today), do I need to fast on EPU? I don't think I did for the last cycle but it was a while ago I just want to double check....

Yep you do, I think from 12am
    Good luck and thanks going to do the prog NOW !!
    Bec

Bec, I have a progesterone pessary the night before my FET. It's the only one I have as we are going natural.

BeiBei, you'll need to fast if you are having your EPU under general. Not sure if you need to for the ones done under sedation. Good luck tomorrow!

At least there are no injections with FETs, just the blood tests. I'm running out of tops with 3/4 length sleeves to hide my track marks though! Don't want my students thinking I've become some sort of drug addict!

BW

It was under sedation, so might not need to but I will check online then...thanks chicks

Totally related to your 'drug addict' comment, I was struggling with that as well, especially on a hot day, you just can't hide...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast