Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF with PGD #4

Sara - had to poke my head in from overseas to say good luck with this cycle...and happy birthday!!! hope you find a few things to celebrate and enjoy the day.

Ferrals4: Good luck, chook. FX for you and your DH.

Dutchie, CP, WLAB, WTH, Meredith, BDT, Julie: Hi everyone!

Sara: I'm still lurking.

CPie Sending you the maximum available amount of good luck and keeping everythign crossed for some nice eggies tomorrow morning

Kel: wasn't sure if you were still here and therefore greeting you only on AED.

Hi everyone else hope you're having a good week.

Cuddlepie - your egg collection went well. Thinking of you

Sara - a belated my gemini cyber buddie. And congratulations on the FSH reading - a huge improvement I hope it is the beginning of your best (and final) cycle!

Thank you WTH - it's only next week but I am already trying to get used it , had 1st birthday celebration on Wednesday.

Just got the BT result, E2 is at 488, LH at 2.7 and I am startign Orgalutran tomorrow - pleased with the E2 but wonderign if it's not too early to start the Orgalutran.

Sara

Hi Sara
    That is a great start with the E2. I remember being told they like the LH to stay below 2, so I think they may be starting it now to ensure no early surging and premature ovulation . GL hun - hope this is the one for you!

Thank you WTH - puts my mind at rest was a bit worried abot the Orgalutran - Ultrasound today was pretty similar to the ones in my last cycles - about 10 follicles overall of which 6 have responded with three a decent size, the biggest one 13 - E is up to about 1000, LH down to 0.8 so starting Pregnyl tonite. Next Ultrasound will be Wednesday hopefully by that time some more follicles have grown.
    Sara

Good luck Sara for the next scan...

Sorry for being absent lately, I guess I had a little tantrum with IVF and really had enough of it...EPU went well but we didn't get as many eggs as I expected, only 6, my expectation was 7 or 8, so very dissappointed. By Day 1, we were down to 3 fertilized and today Day 3, 1 x 8cell, 1x5cell and 1x2cell. Exactly the same result as last time. Goodbye Antagonist cycle, next time it will definitely be down-reg cycle.

I've decided to do a 'freeze all and no transfer' this cycle. Just to let the 8 cell and 5 cell one keep growing and hopefully get something to freeze. Given my current body condition, I just don't see the point...

They say my 8 cell one is very good quality, being grade 1 and 5 cell is grade 2, so I am holding out hope secretly that at least we will have 1 blastcyst. After all the setbacks, I do learned that 'everytime you have a plan, life throw a chanllenge to mess it up', so I am also prepared it won't go as planned.

I am arranging with FS to schedule the Hysteroscopy this month and going to take at least two months break from TTC. I am actually feeling relived of our decision and looking forward to the post op recovery and enjoy a bit more in life because currently I have none.

Hope everyone is doing better than I am atm...

Cuddlepie - just wanted to send you a BIG . Sorry you are feeling (understandably) flat and this cycle did not reach its potential. My for something to freeze. I know you will make the most of your two-month break. You deserve to relax and have some light-hearted fun

Cuddlepie

CP - I don't get in here often but am also sending you huge hugs. Praying you got better than expected from this cycle and that your upcoming surgery goes well. Drink up and party in your break I say! You deserve some fun

Sara - hoping your cycle going ok too
    Last edited by dusty; June 6th, 2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: removed signature - pls read first post in thread

Julie: hope you had a great break

WTH & Meredith

CP Will talk later today.

The scan this morning was very reassurring, now have one at 20mm, two at 19mm, one at 16mm and one at 14mm. Will trigger tonight, best case scenario I guess is four eggs, more realistic three - but as my experience shows from last time we will just have to wait and see, who knows if there are any eggs at all. In any case it's probably going to be a rollercoaster ride again if there wil be an ET or not.

EPU is Monday morning at 8am, and DP will come under the needle at 9am. Please keep fingers crosssed for both of us. I really appreciate that the clinic does time the procedures according to my body - this is the third time I have to go there on a public holiday - had the BT for my 1st cycle on Boxing day, the ET of my second cycle on Easter Monday and now EPU on Queens birthday.

Got a juicer which was my birthday present from my friends and will give it a run now - got some nice pineapples and organic apples.

Have a great weekend.

Sara

Hi Girls,

Just a quick update from me.

EPU went well, four eggs, three of them mature - first they said two mature but an hour ago the scientist rang to tell me that one of the immature looking ones was actually mature which was great news. The great thing about this is that while the numbers are not great they are exactly the ones expected so the empty follicle syndrom I had last time did not repeat itself. Had kind of a smaller breakdone yesterday telling DP I want to call it off as I was really scared of it happening again, so pretty happy and very calm now.

DP, my hero, survived his procedure well and seems to be quite okay at the moment, hopefully he doesn't have too much pain once the anesthetic wears off.

Now we just have to wait and see, will hear about fertilisation tomorrow morning.

Sara

Sara - thrilled to read about the very promising retrieval. Your DP certainly is a champion. I hope neither of you are feeling discomfort today and look forward to reading news of your fertilisation result WTH x

Cuddlepie, Buliej, WLAB, Meredith, Kel

WTh: nice to hear from you, thanks so much for your support.

Just checked with the clinic as the nurses hadn't called and we're down to the one precious little embie.

Sara

Go precious one, go! Am with you for this wonderful possibility, Sara

My darkest hour so far: the scientist called, one is fragmenting, the other one two days behind, he basically gave both of them no chnace to go to blast stage. I really hat the rollercoaster ride.

Really don't know what to do anymore. Even an egg donor might not be able to help us with DP's bad semen result. Looks like the end of the road.

Sara

Sara - sending big hugs.
    Be very gentle on yourself and DP.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast