Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF with PGD #6

Molisa - great question! The answer for you and your DH depends on a lot of factors, like money for one -PGD is so expensive!! How many cycles you are able to undertake financially is a huge consideration. And how important to you and your DH is it that the child is genetically related to him? From what I've read, many men find it hard to use a donor but it sounds like your hubby has got his head around this already. How important is it to you that your child is is genetically related to your DH? If I was in a heterosexual relationship, I imagine it would be really important to me that my children were genetically related to my partner, but my DP and I were always going to have to use DS. I can only imagine that this must be a really hard decision for you also.
    Then there's the emotional side... how many PGD cycles do you have in you? Your feelings about this may well change after each cycle. After our first PGD cycle yielded 0/4 normal embryos, I was completely and totally devastated - but by the start of the next month, I had decided I was going to keep doing it until it bl***y worked!!! I had had enough!!!!! I was going to show this bl***y PGD who was boss!!! I wasn't ever going to give up! Actually I probably felt realistically that I could do 4 PGD cycles in total; that was after 2 previous fresh normal IVF cycles (plus 2 devastating miscarriages and 5 FETs too). But I was aware that I might have had enough after the 2nd PGD cycle too... it was an hour by hour changing feeling/decision for me!!!
    And we got 3/8 normal embryos that 2nd PGD cycle. The FS and counsellor said people often have to do 3 PGD cycles to get a normal embryo.
    The final reality is, if you do keep going and going, you will most likely get there eventually - it's what you lose/miss out on along the way (money, mental health, holidays, friends...) that might stop you. So I'd strongly encourage you to keep going if that's what you and DH want. There are no guarantees with donor sperm either! I can tell you all about that!! Good luck with your decision! Can't wait to hear what you decide.
    PS the fact you had 3 testable embryos is great positive predictor too like Kmn says... just a matter of time until you get a normal one!
    PPS Good news that your FS wants to change protocols too! Just make sure he increases the dose of FSH!

I am going to take a holiday from tomorrow and leave the decision till I have my AF back as Jaki suggested. Before I started PGD, I thought I can try 3 cycles, but this 0/3 result really daunted me plus my FS’s comment after EPU. Another big concern is my age. I really don’t have much time to waste as I don't want to have kids after 35. The statistic from my PGD scientist is
    1. The average number of embryos biopsied is 3.4 but 15% get no biopsy at all (day 5).
    2. 86% of couples with a biopsy have a transfer.
    BTW, I found he is more approachable than my FS most of time.

My FS didn’t talk too much about this cycle, he just said he is happy with it and we need to increase the number of eggs in next cycle. To acheive that, he was going to increase Puregon from 200 to 220 (what the…). Then he changed his mind during our conversation and said he is going to use a long cycle to me next time…so I will need to take pills soon after I have my AF …

Foxy-I really like your attitude!! I guess I am just lack of confidence to try again.

Hmmm 20 units isnt much of an increase at all.
    I prefer antagonist cycles but im all for trying one of each to see what you respond better too.

Have a nice break

Molisa - your FS is typically dealing with infertile women. His job in this whole process is to help you obtain as many viable embryos as possible - and 3 aint a bad outcome.
    That is why he is reasonably pleased - you have an excellent starting point from which to build.
    Neither you, nor your FS, nor the PGD scientist have any control over whether those embryos will be affected - that's what makes things so much more traumatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmn View Post
    His job in this whole process is to help you obtain as many viable embryos as possible - and 3 aint a bad outcome. That is why he is reasonably pleased - you have an excellent starting point from which to build.
    Very true, my first cycle i had no viable embies to test.

Molisa, I am so sorry! It's BS. And, I know as well as everyone else here...exactly how you feel. I've read everyone's advice. Give it some time is best. Clear you mind. Just be with your dh. These two things helped me. Along with some crying. Release it. And get going again. My period was a week late both times. So, don't be surprised. I wish my doctor would've told me. DS is a huge decision. We've been through two rounds of PGD and we're now thinking to try naturally for one year...if no pregnancy, we're gonna look into donor eggs (also back in my home country because they make it insanely difficult here!). I feel a rush being 34 and like you didn't want to be over 35. It may seem ridiculous to some people...but I want a feeling of being done...that this "child bearing stage" of my life is over. It's just too stressful for me.

Take care of yourself!!! Think beyond today...it WILL happen!!!

Its been veeery quiet it here............

It has been quite here…Just an update, I started to take BCP three weeks ago and will start Lucrin injection this Wednesday. The pills sometimes make me very depressed and emotional. I prefer an antagonist cycle too, but I guess last time when I started stimulation, the leading follicles had already been developed because I have short AF cycle (25 days). That might be the reason that my E2 was growing too fast and I had to be triggered after 9 days of stim as the leading follicles were too large while the smaller ones didn't have time/FSH to catch up. Nurse said long cycle can avoid that. Hope it can work better on me.

Time flies…I feel like I just did my last cycle yesterday. I will start with FSH 225 IU this time. Don't know how I am going to measure this 5…

DH and i did one round of PGD for our genetic condition and got 3 embryos to day 5 but only one was good enough to be tested it was effected we decided not to do another PGD cycle it was all to much uncertainty and expensive and the odds were not good our odds of naturally concieveing a healthy baby were better so we took our chances and our healthy daughter is due to be born in 11 days.
    It is stressful but if you can afford it and handle the emotional rollercoaster then go for it.
    Good luck and all the best for this cycle.

Molisa, good luck, thinking of you! This is going to be your cycle, I have a feeling...

Ferrals and Jaki, good luck for your upcoming births!!! Let us know how you go!!!

Good luck Molisa!!!

Thanks foxy. I'm in brissy now playing the waiting game. Seeing the OB on weds so hoping to get an induction date

Hi everyone else. xoxo

Oh that's right Jaki! What side of Brissy are you on?

I'm out west at the moment but moving into the city tomoz

what is the most PGD fresh cycles (not frozen transfers) anyone has done for a translocation. We are contemplating number 10?

I think that for this thread #10 would give you the record.

That said, Foxy (see top of this page) finally hit the jackpot on #9.....

I just realised that I said fresh cycles, and I probably should have said full stim cycles. I am sure though you all knew what I meant Probably shouldnt post when it is so late and I should be sleeping.
    Anyway, not sure I really want to be the record holder in this area! Did Foxy have a translocation issue?

Also, did Foxy do 9 pgd stim cycles?

Hi ladies.

It's been very quiet in here!

I just wanted to pop in and let you know little Wyatt James has joined us.
    He is the light at the end of our long journey.

Good luck to you all my friends... I will be watching you.

xoxo

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast