Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF with PGD #6

I know exactly waht it feels like ot be disappointed with egg numbers, but hang in there. Us women who go through IVF with PGD have to be some of the strongest women out there (haha If I do say so myself!)

If you ever need to talk, my inbox is always open

Mia's mama, it is not the end yet. Just hang in there. When I was doing the PGD interview, the scientist talked that there were couples who just had one embryo to do biopsy and it was normal. We only need one!

I am still waiting for the work up of PGD but just found out I am pregnant last week. Fingers crossed it is a good one!

Thanks so much Molisa and Kimmi.

Molisa - I hope this one is good for you too! Fingers and toes crossed for the next few weeks.

Kimmi - We are the strongest! I agree. Any woman who wants a baby so much to go through all the meds and ups and downs...AND has to share a waiting room with "normal" pregnant women!! Superwomen.

We went today for our u/s, 9 follies. A bit better news than last Friday. There's a couple more in there...if they'll just mature an eensy weensy more by Fri/Sat.

Mia's mum: It is really a good news! Hope you can have 12+ tomorrow. Please keep us updated.

I started spotting 3 days ago and was ready for another M/C. But surprisingly my HCG is still doubling very nicely. I will do another HCG test early next week.

molisa - Good news! Maybe it was just implantation spotting...do keep us updated. All the best. 12 would be a nice surprise for us!

Foxy - What's up mama?!

We go for our opu tomorrow! Triggered last night...feeling bloaty and icky today.

Hope everyone is taking care.

Mia's mum

How was your EP?

Thanks for asking molisa...We got 6. Not sure why since our doctor said we had a few more mature ones...of course my doctor injured her hand, so had someone else....he didn't even come to talk to me after....oh well. But, it's not up to numbers or doctors. Let's see!

So, they'll do their pgd thing tomorrow and get back to us b/t 1-4. I will be anxiously waiting, watching the clock and phone!!!

Hope you're feeling well...you will have your hcg soon, right?

Hey ladies,
    I have been quietly stalking i have lost a daughter to a genetic condition and done PGD IVF but had one embryo suitable for testing which was affected so decided to try naturally with a 1 in 4 chance of it happening again well i just wanted to wish molisa all the best with this pregnancy we just found out our baby girl is totally healthy so we were the 3 in 4 to be uneffected this time so it can happen it is nerve racking but totally worth it.

Hey girls im back from Holidays Come back with a massive cold tho

Mia's mumma..... got my fingers crossed for your PGD hun! Let us know!

Molisa- how far along are you? I had a few bleeds, at 9w, 10.5w and 17w. Only small ones. We will pray this one is sticky for you! What luck if you could avoid the PGD and IVF.

Kimmi- whats cookin good lookin?

Foxy- Dont disappear on us!! Whats happnin with those bubs??!!

Ferrals4, thanks you for sharing your story. It is very encouraging. Congrats on your little girl!

Jaki, it is very early, at 5 and half weeks. My HCG is doubling every 2-3 days now (5000+), but my OB said it is still normal and I do not need to do blood test anymore just wait for the dating scan next week.

Mia's Mum, how is your PGD going? Fingers crossed for you!

molisa - Good to hear! I know it is early days...stay positive. Do let us know how you go with your scan next week.

AFM, not sure why I thought yesterday was the day??? But, they will have results today. I am also trying to stay positive...It's hard, but gotta. 5 of 6 fertilized. Just need one, just need one...just one.

5 out of 6 is great hun! FX firmly crossed!

Molisa 5000+ is awesome, at 5.5w my hcg was about 1700. FX this is a sticky one!

Hi everyone! Sorry for long time between posts... I really am the world's worst poster!

Mia's mama - 5/6 fertilised is great!!! Good luck for results - can't wait to hear how you go, I'm sure there'll be at least one ok in there!
    I have 4 embryos the first PGD cycle - I know what it's like to get "poor" egg numbers - they had me on the maximal dose of 600 units FSH the last 2 fresh cycles which is super-depressing. I brought up egg donors before my Gynae could but he seemed to think it was all going to be ok. So don't give up on your eggs yet!! He also gave me Luveris for 5 days this cycle, which is LH. Maybe that's what helped??? Who knows. Anyway, thinking about you and hoping it's all ok. Are you transferring one or two embryos?

Molisa - congratulations on your pregnancy! Great to hear everything is going well!

Jaki - glad to hear things are all good!!!

AFM, am 10 weeks and going for another US tmrw. US 1 1/2 weeks ago was ok, I've just been super-anxious given the 3 previous m/c but everything seems to be going fine. Still keeping my fingers tightly crossed and haven't told many people... waiting until 12 weeks, not long now. Thanks for all your thoughts!

Mias mama- WHERE ARE YOU?????? Im starting to worry about your results

Me too Jaki! Whatever the results are Mias mumma, we are here for you!

Kimmi xxxxxx

Mia's mum, I am waiting as well.

Hi there ladies,
    Thanks for all the thoughts...No good eggs for me. I'm not sure what to think or do. They were all perfect BUT, all had different chromosome abnormalities...again. From some reason, this has been the problem and not chromosome 22 as suspected. I am upset with my doctor as I told her I wanted better numbers this time...if not I wanted to cancel the cycle. But, to be told confidently I had 9-12. Great! But, to only have 6 retrieved, I was upset....mainly with my doctor.

foxy- Can you please tell me about your doctor? You're at MIVF, right? If we do it all again, I will need to find a new one. She told me the max dose was 450, started me on 375 until the first u/s and then increased to 450. "I've given you the max dosage, there is nothing more I can do for you". Enough of me!!! Sooooo happy for you! 10 weeks!!! That is amazing!

molisa - Still thinking of you and hoping the best for this pea pod...going so well so far!!!

kimmi and jaki- thanks for being here

Oh dear Mias mama, i am so so sad for you. I really thought you'd get a transfer this time
    New Dr sounds good, cant hurt to have a change. I always raged after my unsuccessful cycles, all i can say is go thru the emotions, feel the grief because even if ppl dont 'get it' in real life, all those feeling and are so real. You need to feel them, live them, then brush off your knees and start again.
    xoxo

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast