Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - April 2008

I thought you meant I needed an afternoon nap!!! He! He! (I do!!! )

I'm now ridiculously amused by the misunderstandings caused by our mutual fatigue.

I'm off for a nap, before things get sillier!

BW

Holly...have you ever tried the low GI diet principle? I have info on that if you want.....it does help with energy levels big time.

Mel - I haven't looked much into the low gi before now - but I did the Tony Ferguson diet leading up to the wedding which was low gi - felt incredible while I was on it, but unfortunately I had to go off it (after starting again a few weeks ago) because I seem to be allergic to something in the shakes.

Not sure if you guys remember last year I was having all the trouble with the lumps on my legs?
    They eventually went away, and when I started the diet again a few weeks ago, within 4 days the lumps had started to come back.....!!!!

Have been looking into low gi now, but there's so much out there, it would be great to have a starting point!!!

If you wouldn't mind sending me the info, that would be fantastic!

My email is in my profile or a PM would be great - Thanks so much girls

Holly, I've sent you an email. Sorry I didn't do it earlier, wandered off to watch a stack of Gilmore Girls with DH. He fell asleep.

Psyching myself up for an earlyish start for the clinic tomorrow... and to have a grumble to someone there about what the silly nurse did on Friday.

BW

Hi ladies

Just checking in on you all.

Holly, I am so glad the restaurant is going well for you guys. Bring on the next part of the prediction for you guys

BW - sounds like you need lots of rest at the moment. Good luck with the clinic in the morning and passing on your constructive feedback

Well, assignment is finally done and submitted. Now off to catch up on the rest of the housework that has been being neglected. We have visitors arriving on Thursday and there is so much stuff to be done before then

Take care all
    xx

Everything went really well this morning. I was really stressed and anxious having to talk about the silly nurse, but she wasn't on this morning, and the nurse I did speak to took it all quite seriously and said she'd pass on the info. If I see the senior nurse there, I'll mention it again... I suspect it's going to be a case of "please don't have G call me with my results" each time I go in. I've lost all confidence in being able to get the right information out of her. Chez, hopefully she'll be all sorted out before you need to turn up at the clinic.

As for the numbers... E2 was 1600 today. Everything is perfect according to the nurse, and for the first time ever, no change in puregon dosage. First scan tomorrow when I'll find out if we're still on target for trigger on Wednesday and EPU on Friday. I'm hoping for Friday because then it will be David that does EPU. If I manage to hold out until Monday I'll get the less gentle doctor that gets more eggs. I'd rather get slightly less and wake up pain-free. The last thing I appear to need is MORE eggs!

BW

That's fantastic news BW. I'm so happy this cycle seems to going the way it's supposed to. Keeping everything crossed for you that you body continues to respond positively, and you can have a fresh transfer next week

BW - Excellent news about your levels - and fantastic that there's no change to the dosage... they just may have figured it out for you!!!
    This is all positive and assuring that this cycle is going to be perfect... and you're on your way to a fresh transfer
    Thanks so much for the email

Hoping everyone has had a great weekend - Chez, hoping your housework is getting under control for your guests this week... my house is looking a little tragic too!

xxx

Hi all

BW - that is just fantastic news about your levels. I have everything crossed for a successful EPU and fresh transfer as well! And it must feel good to be able to express your concerns to a nurse who took them seriously. Thanks for sorting that out for me before I have to deal with the clinic!

Holly - the housework is getting there. DF has been helping but he has decided to put off some of the jobs until just before our guests arrive. What are the chances he ends up being away for work and I end having to do them? Ironing is getting there. Just watched Harry Potter #3. I have to watch movies or TV while I am ironing, otherwise I just get so bored. It kind of makes it bearable!

Hi Megan & melbel - hope things are going well for you both. I have completely forgotten where you ladies are at at the moment. I just seem to have a million things going on in my head with work, study, herbs, eating plan, acupuncture.... blah blah.... you all know how it goes. It gets too much for me sometimes and the memory just fails me!

Take care all
    xxx

Hi ladies

well i had my D&C on Friday and have been really worried ever since

My FS who did the procedure said that there was indeed some retained product and that he needed to go in twice to get it out. I was also needing to be sedated longer due to this!!

My worry is that i will develop AS i have read that this can be uncommon but this has been my fourth D&C within three years and also I had the D&C due to retained product which is more than likely the reason why women scar (thanks google!!)

i guess i will only tell if AF arrives and i get a 'normal flow' but until then i will be going out of my mind!!

I had a little bleeding on the night then nothing yesterday and now i have started bleeding again. i am also experiencing a little pain again and my stomach is swollen on one side???

Im going to take tomorrow off work and see how i go.

ive had a headache all day and no amount of painkillers are helping

Lou,

Just sending you big hugs at the moment

I know you were really worried about the D&C, but I think it was still the best thing to do
    Praying that AF comes and the flow is as it should be... will send you a text tomorrow and see if you're up for a chat

Lots of hugs hun xxx

PP, I hope you are feeling better about the decision to have the D&C now. From what I understand, Asherman's is a very rare condition and you'd have to be extremely unlucky to develop it. But then, most of us are extremely unlucky in the fact that we are here in the first place. I hope your mind can be put to rest over those fears soon.

Had my scan this morning, and I'm stressing now over what the next step will be. I had one 16mm follie, a couple at 14mm, and a stack that were around 11-13mm. How much do follies grow in a day? Any chance that they'll get big enough to be able to go to EPU on Friday as per the original plan? I'm really hoping that I don't have to wait until Monday for EPU. The doctor that does Monday EPUs inflicts more pain but gets more eggs. I don't think I need more eggs! I want less pain and my doctor!

BW

bw - average growth of follies is about 2mm per day - so by wednesday, they'll be looking at being dominant sized follies ready for trigger - trigger stops growth...

I may be having a really dumb (I'm hesitant to say blonde!) moment here. I thought follies needed to be around 20mm for EPU? With growing at 2mm per day, I'm not going to have all that many the right size by Wednesday. Seems to me that a Friday EPU is kinda too early and Saturday or Sunday would perhaps be better.

Or am I completely wrong right now?

BW

hmmm,gonna have to go back and look, but i'm pretty sure that i was being triggered at 16mm

if you have two more days of puregon, and then trigger wednesday, you'll be pretty close...

This is the problem with being so freaked out by the hyperstimulation in the past - I didn't pay that much attention to follie measurements!

Although, I do vaguely recall a complete melt down on the morning of what turned out to be my trigger day because I'd had all these 18mm follies the day before and wanted to trigger then, but they said I needed to wait a day for them to get bigger.

BW

note to BW - check with clinic tomorrow - just in convo while getting BT done...

i had heaps around the same size as yours on the thursday, triggered on the sunday for tuesday epu

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast