Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - April 2008

Hi Everyone

BW - There's not much more that I can say that I haven't already in your journal and the vent thread, but just want you to know that I'm only hoping for the best for you tomorrow xxx
    I still think you need to throw the hugest tantrum with David tomorrow and demand the transfer with 2 embies

Chez - So glad you're enjoying the acupuncture - I would be a total mess without it!
    Hoping that everything is just perfect with this cycle - and the hot chips won't make any difference at all

Sonya - Praying that your levels are perfect when they re-test and you can get started asap!!!

A big hello to everyone else... nothing much happening with me and TTC atm.. just waiting for CD21 to have this BT and get started!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend... thinking of you tomorrow BW

Holly, you've been an amazing source of information and encouragement through this. I'll keep the tantrum in store for IF we only have two good embryos tomorrow. I expect he'll continue to say no, though, and in reality, I'm not sure I could cope with twins.

Feeling rather ouchy tonight, so I'll go depart to the much more comfortable location of the sofa. I believe I've discovered the whereabouts of my right ovary... it's actually not too far from where it belongs, but I'm a little disturbed by the pain. Hopefully it's just my intestines brewing something and not a sign of OHSS setting in!

BW

Hi everyone

Just popping to check up on you all.

Sonya - I hope your levels sort themselves out for your next b/t so you can get started soon.

Holly - I know all about waiting for b/t day, but then don't we all! May patience be your comfort during countdown to CD21!

BW - posted in your journal, but I have to say it again, well done on the transfer and all without too much pain from OHSS! I just got my paperwork from NGF today and have on my list of things to query the notation about only transferring one embie. I will definitely be talking to my FS about that. We already decided last transfer that if we had 2 embies then we would transfer 2 - nothing has changed except that was 10 months ago! I will let you know how I go.

PP - hi, hope all is going well with you.

Anyway, quick update, am waiting for AF to come, hopefully on Thursday or Friday. I have had sore boobs on and off since ovulation and weird feelings in my abdomen but I have had these pg like symptoms before and still had a BFN. So I am not putting much attention into any of what my body is feeling at the moment. I am just trying to focus on the next step of AF then b/t with hopefully good levels to start cycle #3.

Hope all is well with everyone. Will pop in again soon.
    xxx

Chez, I wasn't going to ask to transfer two unless two was all we had. We got in there and found we had three, so I never thought to ask. Until we were all finished, David had finished up and I was perched precariously on the chair trying not to fall off and waiting for him to leave before I started dressing myself (although I did once start dressing while he was still in the room, it's amazing what you find yourself doing after a bit of IVF!), David then turned around and said "by the way, that noise you can hear, it's your other two embryos being frozen". It had been going the whole time we were there. So... even if I had asked, my plans were foiled by them already starting the freezing process before I could speak! I know that some of the other doctors there have transferred two, but I also know that David is dead set against it. I'll be interested in seeing how the discussion pans out...

Feeling very hurty after my transfer today. I'd kill for a heat pack or really strong painkillers... alas! I will have to do without both!

BW

BW, congrats on your fresh transfer! Hope your little embie is nice and snug and planning on hanging around for a while yet!

Chez, good luck with your upcoming cycle.

I had a call from my FS' rooms this afternoon. He wants me to come in to discuss my blood test results from those 10 or so vials I had taken a week or so ago. I recall him telling me that he would call if there were something of concern, otherwise just to assume everything is ok. So now, obviously I am scared of what is to come. To make matters worse, I have to wait until Friday. I feel sick knowing that soon we may have an answer as to why we haven't been able to conceive for over 3 years.

Megan. Just remember that most of the things they find in those blood tests there are treatments for. It may just mean you have an answer to the early losses and can get a treatment to make your embryos stick next time. I know it's a long wait, but keep yourself busy and Friday will be here before you know it. Thinking of you...

Of course, feel free to repeat those words to me next week when I'm stressing on how long I've got to go before my final blood test!

BW

Megan - you poor thing, having to wait until friday. lets hope its full of answers and gets you on track for getting preggers! my best wishes for you

BW - yay on transfer.... when is BT? rest up and i have every movable body part crossed for you!!!!!!!

Synarel is starting to give me small headaches, nothing that panadol doesnt fix though....

plus a few hot flushes during the day and waking up a bit sweaty during the night ewwww

but all for a good cause!

Thanks BW When I'm thinking rationally I think this is a good thing, and I'm going to get some answers. Unfortunately I am having more freak out moments than rational moments though!! I have 3 full days ahead of me, so I'm happy I've got a lot on or I think I would be going insane by the end of the week.
    Oh...and yes, I will repeat those words back to you next week!

Ugh! I do not envy you those synarel headaches, Sonya! Hopefully it will kick in soon and you'll be good to go. I think I just react badly to those drugs - the time I'm on synarel or lucrin is just miserable.

Megan, I'll do everything I can to push you back to the more rational ways of thinking just so long as you return the favour when needed!

If you don't mind, I'll sit on the exact blood test date just so that DH and I have time to absorb what ever the news may be in peace before I let the rest of the world know.

BW

hi ladies

just thought it about time i poked my nose in here again - i read all the time, but don't tend to be posting much! guess i don't feel i have a lot to say really!!

anyhoot - we had our embies thawed today for transfer tomorrow - one not looking as good as the other, but both survived, which is a start. transfer around lunch time tomorrow. fingers crossed it works so i don't have to have another stim cycle til we're ready for number two (or maybe number three if both take...)

Good luck for transfer tomorrow BG. You certainly have strong little embies there by the sound of it.

Sonya, those synarel headaches can be horrible. I think I managed to miss out on the night sweats though. But as you said...it's all for a good cause!

i never noticed synarel night sweats - but then, DH sleeps very hot, so i might have had them and then blamed DH for making me too hot and bothered!! hoping the mild headaches are the worst of it for you Sonya

Megan, hope the answers you get on Friday are the ones that help you get your BFP very soon. i can so understand the anxiety in knowing that you have results the doctor wants to discuss, and not being able to discuss them for almost a week!! we're here to help keep you sane-ish during the week while you wait!

I've got a rather TMI question this morning. I'm on pessaries at the moment, just one at night. Each morning when I pee I'm seeing lumps of white stuff floating on the top of the water before I flush. I don't appear to have lumps of white stuff being retained in my vagina... does this mean I'm not absorbing all the progesterone from the pessaries? I know they say that discharge of the carrier compound is normal, but this just seems too much.

Good luck today, BG.

BW
    Last edited by butterfly_warrior; April 29th, 2008 at 06:36 AM.

BW, i have never noticed any lumps or floaties - BUT - my clinic nurse said that a lot of it depends on which dispensary makes the pessaries, as to how your body responds. the ones i get are from the place she recommended from her patients saying they were the "gentlest" - they're just a waxy pellet and it all melts nicely. some though are more gritty like the crinone gel, and may come away like that

as always though, if you're concerned, call your clinic - they might just get you in for a p4 BT to check that your levels are ok...

Just a quick one from me this morning as I'm already late!

Just wanted to say a big hi to everyone...

Megan - I just want to second what BW said... they have treatments for pretty much anything that would have come up in the blood tests, so try to stay positive hun xxx
    (Easy for me to say, I know, when you have to wait until Friday... but YAY on finally having some answers - and then fixing them )

Chez - I'll stay positive for you that you get an unexpected BFP this cycle, and you don't have to worry about any IVF afterall

BW - I have had floaties (Ew, I know ) before... I remember my clinic nurse saying that there is always extra in the pessaries, so that even with stuff coming out, you are always absorbing what you need... like BG said though, definately call them if you're concerned xxx

Sonya - Hoping those Synarel headaches don't get too much for you - keep focused like you are.. it will all be worth it!!!!

BG - Very very best of luck today for your transfer... I hope that 2nd one catches up to its brother or sister
    Will post in your journal when I get home later to see how you went!

For anyone else I've missed, Hi!!!!

Its my birthday today, so I'm off for coffee with a few ladies before I start teaching this afternoon!!!

Hope everyone is wonderful and I'll pop back in later today

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Holly!

BW, yep I'm another who had 'floaties', and I've been told it's fairly common.

BG, good luck for trf today!

Megan, don't panic until you've seen the Dr, not easy I know but it's always worse in your imagination!

Hi everyone else.

hollybolly!!!!!!!

BW - the floaties sound fairly normal, but better safe than sorry and maybe ask nurse about it..

BG - hellooooo! havent heard from you for a while. hope your doing ok and best best BEST wishes for transfer today!

No headaches today (yet!) and feeling quite motivated, my house may sparkle by the end of the day.

Happy Birthday Holly!!!

well, we're back, and we have two embies on board! woo hoo! both are developing nicely - one has gone from 3 cells to 5 overnight, the other from 6 cells to 8! so even our little struggler is for sure a fighter. the "runt" of the litter is on board now, with it's bigger sibling - and i have everything crossed they'll both be nice and sticky!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast