Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - April 2008

Already made that note to self. Watch me forget tomorrow, though. I will have another scan before trigger, so they'll be able to double check on things before it happens. I've seen some follie growth rates quoted as high as 3mm per day... it's possible I might make it for Friday if my follies tend to the faster side of things. They didn't last cycle, but hopefully with my body growing less, we may be able to grow them faster.

BW

BW, I remember having quite a few follies around 17-18mm and triggering the same day. I think it's possible they will be at a good size so you can have a Friday EPU. Hopefully you've got some super follies in there ready for a big growth spurt over the next couple of days.

Talking

OMG! i hide for a few days and its all go....

how exciting BW!!!!! EPU this week. dont stress, the trigger will have those few stragglers catch up. they just like to trigger when the more dominant ones are around 20mm

ME - started synarel last weds, so now im on day 6. half my doses to just 1 am and 1 pm this weds. hoping for AF this weekend. she is due friday, but correctme if im wrong girls, but im sure synarel delays AF

somebody asked if i was studying. no -not me.... couldnt possibly fit it in

take care
    chat soon

BW - your scan sounds like everything is working wonderfully for you. Don't stress too much about follie size. If David thinks you need and EPU on Saturday or Sunday, I reckon he will make it happen. Just look at what he has done in the past. Keeping thinking lots of positive thoughts!

Oh and BTW, I rang NGF today to chase up some paperwork that Bev was going to post out to me. She is sick with the flu apparently and I had a choice of 2 nurses to talk to - J or G. Luckily for me I remembered that G was your 'problem' nurse, so I quickly asked to speak with J, who was just wonderful and very helpful. Thanks for the info.

Take care of yourself - thinking of you.
    xx

Chez, I'm pretty sure someone spoke to G. I had her call yesterday and she was absolutely brilliant at passing on the information I needed. I saw J today for my blood test and spoke to her this afternoon, she's lovely... but Bev is the one who'll bully me into doing what I need to do to take care of myself. Pretty much all the nurses there are absolutely fantastic, and the girls on the desk know me by sight now. I just love all the staff that work there.

Apologies to all... I got some important news on the phone today and then proceeded to go into complete melt-down mode so I never actually got here to update. I had my final lucrin injection tonight, and final puregon injection of only 25IU. Today's E2 levels were around 8000, no more blood tests, no more scans, trigger tomorrow and EPU on Friday. I've been quite stressy with all the what-ifs running through my head but I've been slowly hunting them down and killing them with logic. Not easy with my tendency to become anxious with high E2 levels! It all comes down to the fact that David does keep a very close eye on me, he knows what he's doing and I can trust him.

Not stressing is easier said than done, though.

BW

Good luck Butterfly Warrior with your EPU hope all goes well.

So what does everyone do or not do after transfer?

i pretty much take on normal life again after transfer Belle - provided i feel up to it! the first couple of days on the progesterone seems to make me very sleepy, so i'll have nana naps when i wouldn't normally, but apart from that, i just do my normal stuff! i DO avoid any heavy lifting or going near kitty litter - basically just behaving the way you would if pregnant i guess!

my u/s was today to check lining - it's all looking good - FET is booked in for next week (all going well with the thaw - we have two frosty bubs left and want them both on board by the end of next week!!)

Thanks, Belle. I was decidedly dozy this evening and ended up doing my trigger 20 minutes late! I'll call the clinic tomorrow and find out just how much of a problem it is (hopefully not much!).

As for after transfer - I'm like BG, and pretty much carry on as normal. I just eat as though I'm pg - no soft cheeses (not that I eat them anyway), no cold chicken, etc... I rest if I need to, press on if I don't. My health issues in the past have got me pretty in tune with my body so I just do what I need to do when I need to do it. I keep going to work as normal.

BW

Hi ladies

BW -I hope the EPU went well today. I was thinking of you and trying to send lots of positive thoughts your way!

BG - sounds like things are going full steam ahead for your FET next week. Good luck

Me - I had my 2nd acupuncture session yesterday morning. I went in feeling like a bundle of emotional nerves about to burst into tears and left feeling calm and refreshed, a feeling which has continued, which is great. I am counting the days now until AF arrives next week before b/t and then hopefully begin another flare cycle. I paid our money to NGF - yikes! - but at least it is much cheaper than SIVF, even if we do have to drive to Sydney for EPU and transfer. I am hopeful that the herbs that we are on and DF's improved health and fitness levels over last year will add up to success this time around. Although, I did have some hot chips with lunch today... as a bit of a treat with visitors here. I doubt it will make much of a difference when I have been so good all week.

Anyway, must get back to my visitors. They have NO idea about TTC or IVF so am sneaking this quick message in. Take care all and enjoy the long weekend!
    xxx

Thanks, Chez and everyone else for your kind words and support through the freak outs this cycle has brought on!

20 eggs at EPU today. No sign of OHSS but the scientists want me to take care and do the gatorade thing. Still expecting to transfer, but it's a case of don't do anything stupid or you may not be up to it. Most pain I have is from the procedure itself (gas! ugh!), but I've had no bleeding at all this time, my ovaries are fine and apart from two panadeine around 10am I've had no pain relief. Huge difference to normal!

Chez, I'm glad you found acupuncture helpful. It is so good for calming me down when I get anxious! If you get really bad, ask about leave-in ear needles, they are brilliant! I'm glad everything's steaming ahead with NGF and I'm sure you'll love them as much as I do. When it comes to EPU, David is THE BEST! Kim and Georgiana are nice, but I've now had one EPU done by all three doctors. David's the one who gave me least pain from the actual procedure (vaginal pain, gas pain, etc) despite being the one to get most eggs. Georgiana's not bad, but Kim seems to be a bit brutal. It's not so bad for women who don't get the stupidly high numbers of eggs that I do, but it helps to know what you're up against with each of them. Enjoy the hot chips (I'm drooling!)... and I'll refrain from the reminder that they nearly ruled me out of being able to have a fresh transfer this time!

BG, my almost-transfer-buddy... I'm sure this is the one for both of us where things go right the whole way through!

BW

Congratulations BW it is wonderful news that this cycle is on track for you - good luck wit TF this week some time

best of luck to everyone else

BW - that is great news! Congratulations I am just ducking in quickly - I am supposed to be doing the washing up before dessert and was just dying to know how you went. 20 is a huge number but I am so glad that you haven't hyper stimulated. Rest up and drink lots of gatorade. Here comes transfer - yay!!
    xxxx

congrats on the 20 BW
    hope all goes well with fertilization and avoiding OHSS..
    AF arrived lunchtime yesterday so BT tomorrow to find starting date for puregon. hopefully start tomorrow night!!

Thanks, Sonya. Unfortunately we didn't get great news regarding our embryos today. Of the 20 eggs that were collected, only 12 were mature. Of those 12, I think they said that only 9 were suitable for ICSI... and then things just get worse and worse. Last cycle, everything that was able to be ICSIed fertilised. Not this time. We're left with only four embryos. It kind of takes the shine off having avoided OHSS. We may end up having to go with a day three transfer instead of blast - depends how nervous they get about whether we'll get any to blast or not. I'm feeling pretty devestated. We went from everything going so well to having it all pretty much crash in a screaming heap. Or perhaps that was just me when the scientist was done talking to me.

BW

Oh BW - please don't be down. 4 embies is still a good number and hopefully they will be nice and strong so that you can continue to blastie, if that is your preference. I am thinking lots of positive thoughts for you Hopefully your phone call today will be lots of good news about your little ones!
    xxx

Hi Sonya

Good luck with the b/t result today!

Chez

thanx chez

BT showed progesterone still a bit high. FS wants BT again on weds and expects i will start puregon then. i forgot about how much waiting is involved in IVF.. grrr! but... good things come to those who wait

BW - i know 4 embies is a big contrast from 20 eggs. but it sounds like they are already little fighters! good luck with embie growth and imminent transfer. are you going 1 or 2 embies - if you dont mind me asking?

enjoy the rest of the weekend everybody and take care

It will be one embryo only. It's all my FS does. I figure that if he's not going to let a friend of mine transfer two embryos at the age of 43 and dealing with crap egg quality, then he's hardly likely to let me do it at the age of 33! Transfer is tomorrow... I think I'm ok with the transferring early part of things. If I'd still had all four embryos going strong I might have been tempted to run the gauntlet of blastocyst culture, but this morning there were two at 4 cells, one at 3 cells and one that hadn't divided at all - something else we've never had before! Anyway, it's not like people don't ever get pregnant with day three transfers!

Chez, I'll be interested to see if you and your FS can change his stance on single embryo transfers...

Sonya, I hope you are able to get started soon and that prog level drops quick smart!

BW

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast