Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Dec 2007

ann Guest

I would just like to thank you all for you support.
    I am trying to come to terms with the fact that it is all over for us, for over 6 years now nearly everything in our lives have revolved around the quest for a baby. Now its all over.
    To make things even more interesting at work, the bosses wife had a baby girl the day before my BFN, so every other day in comes the baby, I cant bring myself to goo and garr over her. I will deal with this, I have to.
    Anyway, I wish you all a very merry christmas, and a safe and baby belly new year for you all.

Luv to you all as always
    Ann

Ann - i want to wish you every happiness and hope that all your future dreams come true. it will take some time to come to terms with things being "over", and no one with an ounce of sensitivity would expect you to be OK straight away.

to everyone else - i hope your Christmas is full of love and happiness, and that the new year brings you a new start, with a rush of BFP's in this thread

big hugs to everyone - i'm sure i'll be around for some of tomorrow - but most of you probably have bigger plans than me - so MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!

Merry Christmas everyone! Wishing you lots of love and strength today...should have had our little one with us today...we remember them all...always...and live in hope that this time next year we will be holding our little ones in our arms...may 2008 be the year of the BFP xxx

ann Guest

I would just like to wish you all a very happy new year for 2008.

May all of your dreams and hopes come your way

Ann

ditto ann!
    lets hope that 2008 is the year of the BFP!
    happy new year and lets toast the year in with hope, articipation and love!
    Odette

hi all not got too much to post just saying hi and happy new year and all that. arrived back today and will try to catch up with all over the next few days xx

hey sweets great to see ya back again!!

welcome back loula!

Hi Lou, hi Mel.

I guess I'm the only one actually running with a cycle at the moment? Although, after fighting with DH last night over the dead portable air conditioner, being sick and losing my voice yesterday... I'm really not entirely sure I want to do this FET...

BW

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

WB Lou and hello everyone else. It feels a little like we all took a break from this thread, which is good I guess.

Sure sounds like you're the only one doing a cycle atm, BW, but it sounds like you have other stresses on your plate. It's always the way, huh? When you're in a break cycle. bugger all happens in your life, but when you're about to do a cycle, it all goes pear shaped.

But it's 2008, a time for fresh starts.

BG sent me an email which talked some sense into me... Yes, it was a stupid argument with DH last night, and it's not worth delaying the FET for a few months because of it. My next transfer if this one doesn't work will fall on top of Caterpillar's EDD, and I'm just not sure I can face that... She also reminded me that I do get stressed and anxious as my estrogen levels rise, not that I really expect them to be doing too much at the moment, but it could just be the starte of that.

She got me all sorted and psyched up to make the call... and when I looked up the number, I'm not supposed to call until after 11am, so now I'm (im)patiently waiting for the clock to tick over...

It feels a little odd being the only one cycling at the moment, but I guess I've got a big cheer squad with pep talks all ready when I need them!

BW

And in typical BW style, I was all geared up to argue with the nurses about not being too far through my cycle... and then they checked my records, and I had a sensible one for a change, and I don't have to go in until Wednesday! First blood test on CD15 - yay! Will be rather amusing if my ovaries decide day 16/17 is the day to ovulate this time and I get to do it all with only one blood test.

Now the only little glitch I have to get past is convincing my GP to back date my referral, otherwise I won't be able to claim on medicare. I didn't realise the referral had to cover you from the start of the cycle - if I'd known, I'd have organised an appointment before Christmas. Hopefully my GP will be supportive and friendly and helpful and it will all be ok.

And now, I shall go back to being relaxed and calm and prepare myself mentally for the FET ahead.

BW

Oh wow well i will say Hi and Happy New Year, i have been reading but also enjoying not TTC. Lol for all of 2 1/2 weeks.

Welcome back Lou!

Hi Sushee & Mel

Good luck with the FET BW, and im sure DH is understanding all the hormones etc and you guys will sort things out And yep cheering already.... GOOOOOOOOO BW!

BG - How are things with you? Are you doing a FET early 2008?

Nothin much happening here AF arrived with avengance on Christmas Eve a week early but really helped with the OHSS. So now we see FS on 21st Jan and decide when to do FET. Just hoping my body decides to play ball and not go back to its menopausal state or i will be having a longer break than expected.

Hope everyone got through the holiday season without too many hassles and heres to our sanity in 2008!

Shan

so glad my email helped you out BW - it was much preferable to talk you down than to deal with the customers who all decided they needed to know something NOW!

Shannon - i'm in limbo land - see the FS on Thursday and work out a plan from there

on a little happy dance kinda note - i get to see my DH for a couple of hours tonight (well, in the wee hours of the morning!!)

Thanks girls - some of you may have know that i got yet another infection after my FET before i left for London and have now got an appointment with my Gp for a follow up-

anyway i was still in pain when i arrived in London and so went to the local hossy. it was so horrid - i only went there to get a referral to my old gynie (just in case!!) anyway this lady gp talked to me for a while then i lay down on the bed for her to examine me. next this i knew she was giving me an internal and was so ruff i ashed her what do you think you are doing and her reply was i had to check if you had a tampon in !!!!WTF i said well you can just ask and i haven't used one since 1997!!she then proceeded to ask me how many times i had done IVF and when i replyed 10 she just looked at me in shock and replyed well they wouldnt let you have that many goes over here - i guess some people just arnt ment to have children. how do you afford that? then continued to tell me how there wasnt IVF around and she doesnt have children!!!!i felt so violated, i cryed for two days and was still in pain .....................

so i made an appointment at my family gp (you just see whoever) and what a turn around - even had my mum in tears. i saw another women - first she listened to what i had to say, didnt ask any questions, (i didnt mention the hossy) she then told me there was no point doing an internal as i was already on antibiotics, so said she was going to give me another week - given my history, i then asked her do you think 10 cycles is too may - this is where you need your tissues ladies!!. she proceeded to tell me a friend of hers had 17 goes and now has a beautiful baby.............then told me herself had suffered 9 m/c and that some people had told her that was enough, but she said there would never be too many times until she got her baby.........and she does now and told me to keep going for as long as i can, and that if i needed anything while i was visiting from aus to give her a call.

she was so lovely and i was so pleased i had this turn around from the last experience as i was left heartbroken and now could see some light again. told my mum in the car and she cried all the way back to her house. i guess you had to be there really but it was very moving.

so now where i'm at i don't know - just waiting for af - which seems to be few and far between these days. i was hoping to have had a visit by now so that i can start to plan my trip up to see FS S in January/ February. My boss has also resigned and i don't know how things will be with the new person in charge with all our TTC issues and getting time off to fly off to Sydney. also im starting uni this year doing kinder and prep and can already feel the stress - but know that it is something that i have to do, especially if i am looking at life without my own, just a back up for me i guess. feeling but up and down at the mo - good to be back in the nice weather - very sad to leave my family again, epically my nan as it may have been the last time that i see her (she is 84, and although she always jokes and says that they will have to shoot her, anything can happen)

thanks for reading my ramble and i hope to catch up on every ones news soon - my PC is being a pain at the mo ttoo and shutting off with out notice when loading up so please forgive me if i am a little slow.

BW - GL with this cycle,

Sushee, thanks for all the text - i was having some trouble with my phone too - it would help if i packed the charger!!!!

BG - hello hun GL with mac this week

Holly - now a married women hey - congrats hun

Ann - thinking of you hunxx

Od - how was christmas with the twins?

Mel - always here if you need a chat

megan - how are you ???

Ellie - settled in after the move?

Shann - so please that OHSS has eased in time to celebrate the new year

xx

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Oh Lou I knew things have been bad in the hossy but that is so mind-blowingly horrid an experience for you to have endured. I'm so glad the next Dr you saw was so lovely, you deserve nothing less!

And imagine saying some people aren't meant to have children! What a crock! It's that sort of mentality that angers me most of all! I recently met a patient of my FS who did 16 IVF cycles (she never had FEs) and now is pg to a little girl, or even Magic, who after 12(?) cycles, conceived on a break cycle. Were they not 'meant' to have their kids? Oo it just makes me so angry!

Lou you stay strong. You heart will lead you, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It's good to have you back hun.

its taken me ages to come back and post Lou - i was so damn angry for you! NO ONE has a right to tell you that you're not meant to have children - what an awful person!! some people are academically smart enough to be a doctor - but their bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired!

Oh Lou, what am absolute idiot that woman is, sometimes people just get so tied up in their own experiences and the excused they tell themselves that they end up so bitter and angry at the world and this is the result. I am just so sorry you had that awful experience especially on top of being sick, there is just no excuse!

And the GP sounds fabulous, no one can tell you when you have done too much IVF except you! And i whole heartedly believe anyone who ventures down the path of AC deserves to be a parent 10X over! Hope your feeling better from the infection :hugs:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast