Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Dec 2007

PP, my EWCM is often quite cloudy, so I'd still say it's fertile mucus you've got there.

There's me and my mucus obsession again...

BW

ahhhhhhhhhhh, that obsession is handy sometimes hunny

knew you wouldn't be able to resist answering

Morning

Thanks for listening to my vent, completely over it now

PP - I would definately say the amount and consistency are more important that the clarity. Definately sounds as though your body is playing nicely!

BG - Craeful on that pill sounds like it is playing havoc! I get seizures on the pill so have not taken it in a long time! But it is truely evil! Good luck i hope you get your BFP and never have to take it again!

BW - Posted in your journal hun, im thinking of you and you sound as though your head is screwed on and your making good plans. Hope AF is playing nice!

Hi Mel, Odette, BB, Ellie ! Hope you all had a great long weekend

Well i had a nice weekend went down to Ballina for my sisters birthday, left DH at home so i drank too much Im sure the scales wont be going down this week although i still went for a 5km walk/run and went bike riding so hopefully they will stay even. Sat down with DH last night and had a big chat about TTC and what our plans are so planning to go back and see the FS on the 11/2 if AF hasn't arrived yet and figure out what the heck we can do about it to get started on a FET.

Question though.... can you go on rollercoasters in your TWW?

Shan

Some people say that the G-force of the rollercoaster actually helps implantation Shannon so "who knows?"
    Go with your gut feeling, I dont think there is right or wrong answer to that one.

im not a fan of roller coasters but hey if it helps with implantation - hell i'll be the first to give it a go - GL and would love you hear what you end up doing

Lol, DH and I have a holiday planned for March, we booked this gorgeous house in the gold coast hinterland for a week and i promised DH a trip to Dreamworld. We discussed transferring the week before the holiday so i would be stressfree and relaxed, but he still really wants to go to dreamworld. And i kinda feel like well it hasn't worked all the other times and i didn't ride rollercoaster and did everything to the letter, so why not have fun and if the emby cant handle a day at dreamworld it probably wouldn't last the long haul. And i love the gforce theory!

But as this IVF goes all my planning will probably go to crap snd we will end up transferring nowhere near the holiday

Hi Shannon

LOL about giving the rollercoaster a go during the TWW I reckon if it makes you laugh then GO FOR IT! Some happy endorphins have got to be a good thing during the TWW. Lordie knows that that is something I should try next time myself And a week in a house in the hinterland sounds like absolute heaven to me... too many 12 hour days for me at the moment. I need some R&R!

Cherylx

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

"lo lovely ladies,

just checking up on you. Back at work now and sooooo tired. Don't know how I'm going to manage Uni as well, and now my manager wants me to do a Cert IV in Frontline Management on top of it.

But wanted you all to know I'm reading even if I'm not posting. Missing being on BB lots but what can you do?

sounds like you're in for a busy year Sushee!!!

you got that booklist for me yet Sushee...or have you got it all sorted?!

sushee,
    if you need help with your frontline stuff- i write the course notes and questions for a RTO so may be able to help you if you get stuck
    mwah to all
    still here doing it a la naturale at the moment as our money tree has lost it leaves at the moment!
    anyone know where we can get another one from???

hope everyone is travelling the curved road ok- don't forget to hold onto the sides!
    odette

hehe - wish i had met you two years ago OD! i did Cert IV front line management with work back then at night school. there was about 27 colleges when we started and i think only 20 completed the corse.

Thankfully work paid for it all, and now its helping me to cut short subjects in my uni degree!!!YAY

Sushee i was going to offer my help and books but i'd be taking OD up on her offer, still im always another person to ask, i think i did mine in 10 months nut that was one night a fortnight plus all teh school holidays off

GL

Hi Girls & Slyder

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing - Its so hard sometimes to get through the whole of BB!

Have been in over at LTTTC & AC - hadn't been over there in a while and the magazine article that was posted got me all revved up yesterday.... spent all day putting my letter together for the editor

Anyway!

So excited to meet Lou tonight when I pick her up for the airport and we have our appointments with Dr S tomorrow morning!

Am a little nervous - its been a little over 12 months now since our last cycle, so all of those nervous yucky tummy feelings are starting to happen again... We'll see what he says, anyway

Hope everyone is travelling ok - Odette, hope everything goes well with the twins first day at school (read it in your sig) - How exciting!

Hope everyone else is doing wonderfully xxx

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

odette and Lou, thanks for the offer. I actually did it 4 years ago but the business didn't give us the time or support to get our assignments done (despite them paying for it) and with IVF as well, I never ended up finishing my assignments. In fact of the 40 candidates, only 6 completed the course. Now work does it in-house with trainers who work alongside us, and apparently 100% of the candidates are successful. As long as it's not too taxing and doesn't impact on uni, I'll give it another stab.

Mel, I've been visiting the uni website everyday to see if a booklist has been posted yet but so far nothing. I am enrolled externally so am wondering if maybe I get it in my distance ed pack, which to date I haven't yet received. But I will definitely be checking with you once I know what's going on.

Lou and Holly good luck with Dr S today!

Crud! I completely forgot that Lou's up here with you, Holly. I'm completely and utterly buggered with the first few days back at school and I'm barely on my feet at the end of the day! I think that by the time I hit the end of acupuncture at 6:30 tomorrow, it's going to be all I can do just to drive myself home!

I am enjoying being back at work though... really loving it! I've got great classes this year - a very top-heavy allocation, and I'm really looking forward to challenging my brain. I was worried about the huge numbers of new staff I'd be working with, but they seem nice (although the new HOD hasn't stopped running around trying to make sense of chaos since he first set foot in the place!).

Been a long time since I posted here - was keeping my head down during the TWW. It was another failed cycle... chemical pregnancy, again. I've already got a plan for the next one, and it mainly involves going back to what worked before. I know the drug combination I was on with the first transfer, and I know what caused problems and the eventual miscarriage then, and I think I can avoid it now. So it's currently off the prednisone completely for a while, taking a break for a cycle to focus on losing weight, settling in for the new school year, avoiding having a transfer on Caterpillar's EDD and just generally letting heart and body heal for a while. When you realise that the last four months have held two early miscarriages, a full stim cycle and a long time recovering from OHSS, I know my body needs a rest! But today I was feeling so good about things that I'm almost regretting not transferring this time... My head knows it's a good idea to wait, but my heart is disagreeing today - but I know in about three weeks time, it should seem like a much better plan again.

Sushee, want to wish you the best of luck with your course.

to everyone else - I'm going to go crash again.

BW

Lou and Holly, can't wait to hear how things went with Dr S. Looking forward to an update

Sushee, I feel tired just reading your post! All that work and study will keep you out of trouble though!

Shannon, your holiday sounds wonderful. If you get on that rollercoaster and it works, I think we'll all be heading to Dreamworld, or at least Luna Park! The theory sounds good at least, and it's something new to try!

BW,so sorry to read about your chemical pg. It's just awful to have to go through that.
    A short break could do you the world of good. And it sounds like you have school to keep you busy. I'm happy you're enjoying your new classes this year.

I'm just waiting for my next cycle at the moment. Today is CD29 and my body is playing games with me. I'm having the same symptoms I had when I got my BFP after my FET last year. So so hungry ALL the time and forever running off to go to the loo. My bladder must be size of a pea at the moment. Even now, I've had dinner about an hour ago and my tummy is grumbling like i haven't eaten all day. Not good when you're trying to do weight watchers!
    I've had an uneventful few months with regards to TTC, and now right when I want to get stuck into AC again my body is playing with my head!
    If I was pg this cycle, that would prove that you can get pg by having sex and not doctors poking, prodding and injecting you with drugs!! and I know how hard to believe we all find that little fact!! lol
    I was in Perth (what's with the weather over there??.....it was SO hot!) and Christchurch last weekend for Bon Jovi (yes, I am a little bit crazy! ). It has taken me all week to recover and finally today I am on leave for 2 weeks. Would love to be able to get this FET cycle going so I can hopefully get BT's etc while I'm on leave. Just because it would make perfect sense and make my life a little bit easier, it probably wont happen that way!!

Hope everyone else is well.

BG, you have been quiet but I did see that you have 4 new little kittens. Congratulations! If they were in my house, I probably couldn't drag myself away from them!

ann Guest

Hello you gorgeous ladies,

Thought I would just pop in, even though I have given up "actively" TTC.
    After 6 yrs, 6 cycles and well you all know the rest of the story....

For the first time in over 6yrs, I am not totally obsessed with TTC, it is nice to relax a little, I know it will take me a long time, if ever to accept that we will never have a baby. It certainly puts a strain on relationships, I know it did with us. It is nice to make love to my husband because we want to, not because "now is the time", or being told not to. Tis a real bummer being told when you can or cant make love to your husband.

I dont think I could have gone on any longer with IVF, the heart couldnt take it. You are very brave ladies indeed.

I wish you all the luck I can muster. If I had a magic wand you all would have precious bundles in your arms.

If you dont mind I would still like to pop in now and again, just to catch up with you all.

My luv as always

Ann

Ann - ive missed you!! Great to hear from you - thank you for your kind words of support. it is wonderful to hear from you and that you are feeling in love again. I hope you have a fantastic holiday, and would love to hear all about it.

I think it is you who is the braver women with what you are doing now - for me i know no different - but you have also been there i know. Take care xx

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast