Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Feb 2008

oh mal that is beautiful

hi to all and hope everyone is good?

Hi everyone

Mel - I didn't know anything about the history behind Valentine's Day. What a wonderful sentiment. My chiro told me this morning that in Japan only the girls give Valentine's gifts (usually chocolates). On March 14 is White Day which is the time that the guys decide whether to give a gift in return to their Valentine. Since DF didn't get me flowers this year because I was travelling interstate, I told him about White Day - he didn't seem that interested! Oh well, can't complain, he does surprise me with flowers throughout the year without having to wait for special calendar days.

I had a lousy day yesterday, migraine and nausea so ended up coming home from work after being there for about an hour. Everyone could see I was sick and insisted I go home - what a nice bunch they are! Anyway, I slept for ages and ages - 20 hours of 24! So I must have been tired! My chiro gave me a good talking to about listening more to my body (working too hard) and not eating properly, which is a function of a lot of travel, and getting back into some regular exercise.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. It will be a quiet one for us... maybe a movie tomorrow. Take care all, BBL
    xxxx

oh chez you really must look after your diet! since being on the NP diet i have felt great. not to mention i am going to the toilet everyday!!!(before would be nearly two weeks without!)

i know how hard it must be when traveling though. eating out with friends is hard enough!

meals are never restricted - for example tonight we had just made home made spring rolls with home grown veggies and lemon grass, chillies, garlic, corrianda, and shop ginger, haven't made them for ages! and DH has made his special sangria! yum and a bit tipsy too!!!hehe. (sangria not on the diet list but hey, isn't that what you do when your not cycling. I hope you are feeling better soon

went out today and bought a dishwasher and oven for our kitchen reno. got to get it done before i go to uni and am broke! lol

Megan - where are you ???

BW - fantastic TF has been looking forward to hearing your news soon (i have a feeling for you this cycle)

BG - you may only be a week ahead of me - when do you see FS again - i was very surprised with his assistance for my next cycle - i hope you get the same response.

Ellie - hurry up and get your Internet connected - i miss our chats hun

Shannon - where you at hun? hope your coming through the other side feeling a bit better (and nicer?)

BB - how did you get on? im so sorry your body is playing tricks on you sending you lots of hugs.

Holly - have a fab holiday, will speak soon, give Luke a squeeze

xx

i don't have any appointments booked PP - although i'm sure i'll see him for transfer in a couple of weeks...

Mel thats a fantastic Valentines Day Story!

Chez - Dont make is give you a butt kicking! Look after yourself and i am very glad they sent you home to catch up on some sleep My memory is a little dodgy is your lap this week? If so goo dluck hun and rest up!

PP - Ohh spring rolls sounds yummy! And yep thats what you have to do between cycles... its almost mandatory!

BW - Hope everything is going well and you have transferred and are lirking reading... know im thinking of you and have everything crossed.

BW - How is the HRT treating you?

Big hi to everyone i know ive been slack... will try and stay more on top of things

Not much happening here except completely falling off ny diet and healthy living bandwagon... and feeling really crap for it which should be good incentive to get my ass back on track!

10 days of provera down and 4 more to go... i really cant wait for it to be over.
    Except then the clomid starts... so i go from cranky to insanely emotional and clingy. Poor DH

One other thing thats odd is DH has become really angry a few times lately, not at me but at IVF and goes from being really quiet for a few days and doesn't want to talk about IVF at all, and then when i finally push the right button tells me how angry and frustrated he is. Which is all ok, but im just finding it odd that after 3 years TTC & almost 2 years of AC this anger has arisen now and never before (well never verbalised before).. just wondering if you have any similar experiences?

Have a great week ladies and slyder (btw hope DH is doing fab with her FET)

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon22 View Post
    BW - Hope everything is going well and you have transferred and are lirking reading... know im thinking of you and have everything crossed.

BW - How is the HRT treating you?
    hehehe - the identity crisis strikes again!!

Shannon - "BG" is doing really well on the HRT - it seems to have bought me back to a level of normalcy that i had lost out on with the Pill - to be honest, there was an oppressive level of depression on the pill, and had given up hope on this cycle before it even started really. now i'm much calmer and more positive about the whole deal - in fact, i think i'm starting to get excited - in the next four weeks, i'll have a gorgeous pair of embies on board!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon22 View Post
    One other thing thats odd is DH has become really angry a few times lately, not at me but at IVF and goes from being really quiet for a few days and doesn't want to talk about IVF at all, and then when i finally push the right button tells me how angry and frustrated he is. Which is all ok, but im just finding it odd that after 3 years TTC & almost 2 years of AC this anger has arisen now and never before (well never verbalised before).. just wondering if you have any similar experiences?

Have a great week ladies and slyder (btw hope DH is doing fab with her FET)
    shannon, we're nearing the 3 year mark (this Thursday to be exact) on our TTC journey - and it's over 2 years since we started on the AC testing bandwagon, so i know how you're feeling. surprisingly, your DH isn't the only one getting more verbal - my DH has expressed his anger and frustration at the process more than once lately. i think some of it has been in response to my own hurt and frustration - and some of it because of the fact that he's away a fair bit and isn't here to be as supportive of me as he wants to be...

Hi everyone

Just popping in quickly to say hello and let you know that my lap went well - no sign of any endo, so that is great news. Apparently the d&c did't go quite as well - couldn't dilate my cervix - apparently FS had to use the scope to get in as my cervix was clammed tightly shut. And then she found out it narrows quite a lot - she thinks this might be why the tfr didn't take because they weren't able to place the embie in the right spot. I will get more info at our follow up appt which is scheduled for mid April - I have had DF on the phone all afternoon to try to make it sooner but the phone just rings out!

Anyway, am still feeling woozy and tired and pain killers have worn off, but am holding out until bed time when I know I will need them. I am taking tomorrow off work and DF has got me some DVDs so I don't go completely stir crazy - I will then evaluate if I need wednesday off as well.

Take care all and I hope you are all doing well.

Oh and yes healthier eating plan was to start today but somehow DF stopped for icecream and chocolate on the way home to cheer me up... tomorrow then?

xx

Chez - glad to hear that you are feeling ok - frustrating about getting appointments when you have already got a 'little' answer to fuel more questions. i hope you get in earlier.

And the eating plan - tomorrow, even Wednesday sound like a good idea. enjoy xx

Hi PP

Thanks for thinking of me. I didn't get much sleep last night due to pain, even with with 2 panadeine forte so today has been pretty quiet. I am still bloated and feeling bruised around the lap site... and had to end up having a nap this afternoon with my heat pack. I should probably take tomorrow off work as well but I am just so busy with a project I am doing that I can't really afford to be away too long. And I have a work friend's 40th birthday party tomorrow night that we are going to and I have already pre-paid our food (she is paying for drinks) and I think it wouldn't look good if I didn't go to work but went out to dinner. Nobody at work knows what is going on or why I am off work, apart from my boss who just knows that I had to go into day surgery yesterday.... maybe I will just leave a bit earlier tomorrow when I get tired?

Anyway, back to the tele and heat pack for me.
    Hope everyone else is doing well.

xx

Talking

Ooops Sorry BG! BG BG BG BG BG!!! Ok got it

Chez - Look after yourself and dont rush back to work! Hope your feeling better today and still at home resting

BW - Thinking of you today hun!!

Big Hi everyone!!

Just popping in to celebrate to more provera for me!!!!!!

hehehe Shannon - it's all good - at least it was in of the general chatter threads - it's happened in our journals in the past!

yay on the no more provera!!!

Chez - hope you're resting up - and even if you're back at work, that you're behaving yourself and taking it REALLY easily!

Hello Lovelies

Just a quick pop in from Patong Beach, Thailand as I found an internet cafe so I could pay some bills via the internet!!!

Hope everyone is fantastic - Very very hot here!!!

Having a lovely time - We took Luke to the monkey show & snake show yesterday - he got to hold a python that was so heavy he nearly fell backwards while he was waiting for DH to take the photo!!!
    Will have to post the photos on when we get back!

Going on a 4 hr safari and elephant trek tomorrow... Luke is very excited!!!

Hope everything is going great for everyone - My god I am having withdrawals from not being on BB!!!

The main thread I care about is this one, so I'm just checking in

Lots and lots of Love xxx

Nice to see you pop in, Holly, and I'm glad you guys are having a great time! I'm jealous!

Not too much of the TWW left for me now... freaking out, and really not sure which way this is going to go... I want my predictably, consistently uncooperative body back!

BW

hi ya all
    still here
    starting back with my actupunturists / chinese herbalists tommorow- he is a OB/gyno one.
    Spoke to him on the phone today and he sounded like there is heaps he could do to help me- its sounds like i have poor bloodflow into my reproductive system and there is not enough there for implantation. Makes sense to me so willing to try it. At worse it helps sort out my migranes and at best- well you all know

so now i feel like i am actually going to be doing something

BW - i am gonna tighten your straight jacket buckles for you hon - hang in there

BG- glad you are off that damm pill and things are moving along
    OMG Holly - you are soo dedicated to us girls- we feel like we are there with you- enjoy your holiday
    Pitapata- hang in there hon- we are all there for you - i replied to you on the other thread
    Chez- take care of yourself and you make sure your DH spoils you- take it easy and give your body time to heal
    Shan- good news about the provera- keep it going hun
    melbe- they are beautiful words you wrote- take care

thats it for me- will let you know how i go
    mwah and keep sane
    odette

HOLLY - wow! talk about dedication! feeling very loved at the moment! glad you're enjoying your holiday - hope it continues to be full of fun for you - sounds like it's been fantastic so far

BW - i'm still holding onto hope for you hunny - i'm pretzelled more than you could imagine!

as for me - well, i have been stressing my little head off that things weren't going to progress as they should on the HRT seeing my body never does what it's supposed to - but for once it has (ish!)! had a scan yesterday to check my lining - 6mm or greater and FET would be scheduled for next week - lining was at a nice healthy 13.7mm! woo hoo - i've actually responded as planned! well, kinda - there is a follicle on my right ovary that shouldn't be there - but i'm leaning toward thinking it might be an ovarian cyst more than a follicle. since EPU i've had a niggling annoyance on that side which hasn't been addressed by the FS - and the GP i spoke to was useless (why right sided pain is investigate for appendix and NOTHING else i'll never understand!). anyhoot - transfer can now go ahead. will get a call midweek to discuss time and day...

Next big hurdle is the biggest one - we need to survive the thaw...

and yes, if you've looked at the time - i'm on leave and awake at 5 in the morning!! DH has just left to go back to work - and i can't sleep!

Good Morning Happy Friday!!

Wowee Good news all around!

BG - Thats fantastic cant be more happier with that lining! Now lets keep up that positivity with a 100% thaw rate! I will have everything crossed!

BW - Your doing so great this TWW, i think you should have a read over your journal from your past TWW's and i dont even think you need the straight jacket this time! Sending all my sticky vibes your way hun

Holly - Oh wow jealous big time that sounds fantastic! Luke sounds as though he is having the time of his life! So i know we its annoying when people tell us their stories of when people fall pregnant etc etc.. but im still going to tell it. Close friend of mine had 8 m/c over 5 years and then had her gorgeous son and then couldn't fall pregnant was TTC # 2 for 4 years.. went to Thailand last years came back preggas was due last Sat! So whatevers in the water once your done boiling it drink up! But best of all have lots of fun!

Chez - Hope your resting up and feeling heaps better! Have you had any luck getting in to see the FS earlier?

Odette - Wow thats also fantastic news, i swear by chinese medicine and Acupuncture. It all sounds so promising!

PP, Mel - how are you lovely ladies?

Well not much happening here TTC just waiting for AF now and she better show or i will peeved after having to take that provera for 14 days! Have a great weekend ladies

Shan

Hi Ladies
    I hope you don't mind me popping in here. I have been posting in the LTTC & AC thread since early last year & it just occurred to me that we seem to have (unfortunately) gradutated to this thread.
    Quick overview, unexplained infertility, i don't O, however everything was normal at Lap & Hyst last Jan. DH all normal. 3 x OI - all unsuccesful (only 1 tfr - BFN) + 2 x IVF (cycle 1 cancelled, cycle 2 - 1 Fresh & 1 FET - all BFN); about to start IVF#3 with scan 27th.
    I do know some of you from the other thread, however I really hope you don't mind me butting in here. I am begining to feel very anxious & not sleeping to well leading up to the next cycle.
    I will try to catch up on all of your situations a whole lot better over the weekend, but look forward to speaking to & sharing with you all.
    Take care.

Shannon, it's not a case of doing well with this TWW at all. It's more been a case of not wanting to do my freak outs in public, which means not in my journal. BG's been picking up the pieces on msn so often lately.

But I don't think there are any more freak outs left - I've still got a few days to go before my blood test and I already know what the result is going to be. It has started... You'd hardly even call it spotting, but it's that undeniable sign that for me, AF is coming, and there's not a damn thing that anyone can do. Once again I find myself praying that it's a straight out BFN rather than another chemical pregnancy - I really couldn't cope with that while I'm at work. I just don't have it in me any more. You can do it once and ignorance will get you through, but when you later realise what went on, you know that you'll never again have that blessed ignorance to hide behind.

I'm really doubting myself and my strength right now. I don't want to be the woman who ends up doing IVF for years and years and just ends up broke, bitter and twisted and with no baby. I'm becoming more and more convinced that Caterpillar was our one and only chance, and it's NEVER, EVER going to happen. I don't know if I'm strong enough to face another cycle, but in some ways, I think it takes more strength to walk away, and I certainly don't have enough to do that.

Life just seems so unfair right now.

BW

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast