Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception March 07

Hey Leis - glad to hear all is looking to be on track for you, sweetie! Now, bring on that holiday - not too much longer now.

Keen - Just dropping in to check how you're going. Nearly finished on the puregon yet?

Carrie - another 4 -5 days of Puregon to go, then on our way... again

How are you going?

How are the follies going - the numbers not looking like they will be too high? So OPU will be around Tuesday for you then, as I suppose no one will be around over easter.
    I'm going well now - just hoping the time will pass quickly!

Here's hoping you have the same success you had with Kyla

Hi girls glad everyone is going well.... Keen and Carrie keep on brewing those big fat follies.....

Oh just a small vent... my FS can you believe said i need to loose MORE weight due to my PCOS. Now I am no means a big girls these days..... I don't have any symptons of PCOS, no acne, no weird hair growth, just AF can sometimes be a little irratic! I have just recently lost 16.5 kgs, and now weigh just under 69 kgs, and I am 164 cms tall.. so I am ok BMI wise???? I don't get it???

Oh well... maybe he was just scaring me with the Europe trip...?? He did say I couldn't have Pizza and Pastries in Europe!

Leis x

that makes no sense to me Leis - my FS has never said anything about my weight and I weigh pretty much the same as you. I have PCOS but also no symptoms at all... I think he is being ridiculous... like you said your BMI is fine - have you ever had a second opinion?

Sounds a bit strange to me too Leis - I've also got PCOS and am ok with BMI, though probably at the top end of the range and my FS has never said anything about weight.

He didn't harp on about the whole weight thing, it was only after I mentioned that AF had been somewhat irratic after surgery. ie 28 for a few months then they blew out after i lost weight, and starting coming 6 weeks then 4 weeks then 5 weeks now I am back to 4 weeks. He could only put it down to my weight! When I walked into his office his secretary nearly died at how much weight I had lost????? Anyway we will just wait and see. It isn't a to big a deal... as I know that isn't the real cause of AF being all over the shop! Maybe it is the only thing he could come up with at the time LOL!

thanks anyway leis xx

Hi Leis, I can't believe you are a fantastic 69kg and yet your FS wants you to lose weight! Sometimes I think they just clutch at straws!

I was around 84kg when my FS said for me to lose weight (which I agreed with, even though he wasn't very encouraging at the time!!!). I have only gotten down to 79kg but have lost a dress size in the process. I've lost heaps of cm's but it's still frustrating to not have lost more on the scales He wanted me to get to 70kg and I'm slightly shorter than you so your weight sounds great. Anyway, here's hoping AF behaves and there's some good news not too far down the track.

Take care,
    Marg

thanks marg.. good to hear ....

Keen whats going on hun?

Carrie, where are you at?

Wowsers it is quiet in here. I remember when this thread was so busy.. now everyone has graduated! Happy for them, but wow it is quiet!

leis xx

Hi Leis, I know what you mean - there were times in the past I couldn't keep up with all the conversations! Mind you, if that has happened because people have graduated out of here then that can only be a good thing. Now we just need the rest of us to take that next step and pass our graduation!

I had an appointment at my Clinic yesterday to pick up all the drugs for my flare cycle. One good thing is that it sounds like flare cycles are much quicker - so looking forward to that! Tried to pursuade the Coordinator at the Clinic that I REALLY don't need a laparascopic pick-up but unfortunately it looks like the FS will make that decision on the day! Apparently my ovaries are quite high up so the traditional pickup is more difficult. I've been thinking about spending the next few weeks on a trampoline to see if I can get them to drop down a bit (I WISH! LOL!).

I'm also frustrated that I've caught a cold over Easter. Bummer! I have this whole week off work and thought it would be perfect to relax and recharge the batteries but instead I have a bad case of the sniffles! Crazy! Anyway, hoping the worst of it will pass before AF hopefully arrives on the weekend or early next week.

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter.

Marg

Sounds like it is all full steam ahead Marg.... excellent news.. how is everyone else travelling...???

just waiting and waiting and waiting, Leis... not much to report at this stage.

Im not posting anywhere near as much anymore... Mostly because I try my best not to let it take over too much of my life (which it has in the past - TTC I mean, not BB). I usually check in to see where you guys are up to, but dont have much to tell, so....

Hopefully we will all get outta here very soon.

Keen - sending you and all the girls an extra big dump of to help get you guys outta here soon.

Luv to all you special and courageous women,
    Lisa

HI guys,
    Just wanted to let you know that my BT today went well - we got a BFP. With HCG levels at 230!!!! So hopefully things continue to progress ok!
    I reaslly hope that you are able to join me really soon!

Carrie that is excellent new hun.. congrats and a zillion sticky vibes.. i think at 230 "she'll be right mate".. here's to a h&h 9 months...

No worries Keen I know what you mean and it can only be good for you sanity. Let us know when they EPU though...

love leis x

CONGRATULATIONS Carrie - that's wonderful news. Hope everything keep progressing for a H&H pregnancy. Take care. xoxo

Keen - I so know what you mean about not letting this crazy fertility rollercoaster take over our lives. It's SO hard not to at times but I know I have to try and keep doing other things so I don't get too obsessed - as that just makes the journey even tougher. Just pop in whenever you can as I'm always thinking of you and keeping everything crossed. xoxo

How's things going with you Leis?

I'm a bit bummed that after getting a dose of the sniffles over Easter I have now advanced to a mild throat infection (including some annoying ulcers on the roof of my mouth! ouch!). My GP has put me on 10 days of antibiotics and has said it shouldn't interfere with my current IVF cycle at all. BUT I'm wondering whether I should check with my Fertility Clinic on Monday morning to see if they think I should go ahead or not? I am supposed to start synarel tomorrow and puregon injections on Monday but now I don't know what to do. Part of me wants to keep going with this cycle regardless of any obstacles BUT then I worry about going into a new cycle when I'm not feeling 100%. AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!

I don't suppose anyone else has gone through anything similiar - where they've been on antibiotics or caught a bug when they've been going through an IVF cycle???

Marg

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast