Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - March 2008

Actually I just checked with the boss and apparently this month is my month off from Yarra Glen (I do every second month there). So I will be there in May and June or you can all pop down to Mornington the next weekend (Sunday 13th) and say HI! cos I am there every month!!

I am so glad AF has finally arrived to day.....my body has been arguing with itself since I had the womb biopsy on thursday. My uterus was irritated and crampy and wanted to bleed but my progesterone hadnt dropped enough for a proper AF so the whole weekend has been really crappy for me. Now everything can get back to normal...YAY!

so Mel what do you do there??

I know a few stall owners and market organisers! (maybe i know you???heheh!)

dont really get to any of the others so will have to wait for when you are there next

Glad af has shown for you so you can have a better weekend

Wahoooo - way to go Shannon huge congrats to you and DH I am betting on two wee ones tucked up inside xx so so exciting....

Megan, yip the 2ww is a killer, im already resigned to the fact that this one has not worked either, god I hate this!!!! How many did you have put back at what stage??

Smartie, I had one put back (we only had one thaw successfully out of the 3 we had left) and it was a day 3. Think positively It's a long time until the BT!!

I've now been bleeding for 16 days straight. I took my last pill last night, and already this evening the bleeding which had pretty much subsided to spotting is heavy again. Cyklokapron here I come! I sort of assumed that once everything had slowed down to spotting that it would stop by itself so stopped taking it... Will be doing the 2 tablets 4 times a day from now on. 16 days! When you consider that my FS does downreg with only 10 days on the pill and I've just stopped it, ergh!

Anyone know if this much bleeding before a stim cycle is a problem? I wish my body would behave for once! There's always a bleeding problem before my stim cycles. Even if everything has been fine for however long before hand, as soon as my body gets a sniff of a stim cycle, it goes nuts! Crazy thing is that the lucrin usually stops it. Not this time.

BW

BW I bled on and off for 4 weeks before I changed FS and went non down reg and with new FS we started the next month hope this helps a bit

Ermmm... doesn't help at all, TL. We're sticking with this FS as both me and DH are happy with him and the clinic. I guess this is just something my body does now. I will chat to him again about it, and will pretty much put my foot down and refuse to go on the pill again. He can find other ways to do things!

Didn't get around to calling the clinic today. Have been flat out and exhausted. I did increase my dose of cyklokapron back up to the maximum and in less than a day it's gone from heavy flow to annoying spotting. Hopefully a few more doses and it will stop soon.

Hope everyone is well and has a great weekend planned. Mine's going to be spent resting, marking, and if I can muster the energy and enthusiasm I might even throw in a little retail therapy.

BW

I'm finally back online after having no power for nearly 3 days as a result of that windy weather we had during the week.
    I have had a crap week at work and have been battling to hold the tears back as I sit at my desk all week. On Monday (2 days after having transfer - and my manager knew this) I was asked to train the new girl AND do my own job. I spent a total of about 5 hours at my own desk all week and am so far behind I feel sick in the stomach. My manager pulled me aside on Thursday and asked me what was wrong as I didn't seem myself! Seriously, I just wanted to head butt her at that point! Basically she told me not to stress, if I'm behind dont worry about it and that I should have Monday off! Wont that make me feel worse? Having a whole day off to be even further behind and then I'll stress even more? Then to come home 3 nights straight with no power almost sent me over the edge...
    This morning DH has gone to play golf and left me to do all the housework that we haven't been able to do this week before our visitors arrive in a couple of hours. I have woken up feeling nauseous and crampy and like I am coming down with a cold. I just want to go and crawl in a hole and stay there for a week so everyone will leave me alone.

Megan, I just want to offer hugs... I wish I could go and help you clean up and hug you in person. :hugs:

Hopefully things will look brighter soon.

BW

Thanks BW I'm making progress cleaning....but it's a slow process!! DH owes me big time when he gets home.
    I just really hate feeling so flat and just blah. It seems that every time I do any kind of cycle this is how I feel regardless of whether it's medicated or not. I suppose all the extra pressure hasn't helped this week, and then DH telling his mother that we had transfer and her asking me last night if I had got my period yet?! What the? Like I need her at me as well. One way or the other, it will all be over this week.
    BW, I hope you get some kind of relief for AF soon. 16 days is a long time to be putting up with that.

Megan - sounds like you've had a shocker this week - hoping everything will improve for you soon. i'd be doing the clean up now, and making DH do it after the visitors have been (although he knows i'm in a bad way at the moment, so i don't know that he'd be brave enough to run out and play golf if we had visitors on the way!)

BW - i can't believe you're having MORE bleeding issues. it just seems to follow you - stim cycle = bleeding issues! that's just wrong and soooooooooo not fair! there are times when, even though i know it reduces our chances of getting pg naturally, i'm so glad i don't have a cycle! i used to bleed for up to six weeks when AF finally showed, so she's definitely not missed! actually, up until we lost our first angel i had that sort of AF - not since - maybe it made a change... not sure (only just realised this!)

Me - well, i feel like crap to put it bluntly. Mersyndol has become my new best friend. appears that i've somehow managed to strain all the muscles in my back and neck, and all down one leg. i think it's from having a dodgy ankle that started giving me grief when the weather turned cold - i was over compensating for it and have thrown my whole body out of whack! not fun (but i recall something similar happened last year, so i know i should have expected it - this time it's just worse!). have had a headache at varying degrees of severity for about the same amount of time that AF has been visiting BW, so i'm pretty miserable. have been to the chiro a couple of times this past week, and am on the improve slowly - but there's still a long way to go. gonna have to organise a massage i think - DH tries to help, but he can only do the relaxing massage - i need the "screaming in pain but i put up with it" deep tissue massage to get things in order again. a day or two of tenderness from that is better than a two week headache! have only just struggled out of bed this morning - have spent all day yesterday, half the night last night, and probably most of today - cooking. have got 15 meals ready to freeze for DH from yesterday, and two slow cookers full of soup that cooked over night that need to be divided up. today will be spag bol and vegie bake cook up so we can freeze it. have found myself eating pretty ordinarily lately and i know it's not good, so we've gone nuts making stuff so that Dh has food to take and heat on the side of the road - and so that i can just grab stuff out of the freezer in the morning, and know i can reheat it after work and not worry about it. everything is jam packed with fresh vegies so it's delish! i figure once this next FET works, i'll need lots of nutritious food, but will be too tired after work to bother, so i'm getting us in the habit of making the most of our days off to cook up a storm!

Hey Everyone

Just popping in - wow, it must be the day for it... this morning I could have easily murdered my DH at least 3 times over

Megan, BW & BG - Hoping you guys are doing better as the day progresses!

So yesterday I had some acupuncture and my lady is a little concerned... it seems that my c/s scar has gone a little numb again, and she is finding it a little tough to get the needles in - when I was seeing Antonia, the scar had full feeling and the needles were sliding in.... she wants me to start seeing Antonia on a regular basis again - she honestly believes that Antonia is an exceptional healer and that its only going to be to my advantage.

The only reason we stopped seeing her was really because shes so far away - and add the $$$ for her herbs, tonic, sessions with flights, accomodation and time off work to go to Melbourne... well thats why!

Am going to look into seeing her again though - I trust what my therapist here says, and I WAS feeling incredible when I was on her stuff.. so here we go again!!

Lou has offered a bed whenever I want to come down, though, so thats going to help a lot too

Otherwise, my body is doing everything else right - smack bang in the middle of my cycle and my temps are where they should be, EWCM is perfect, etc etc... my body is so predictable, yet it just can't get the last part right

We'll press on- as soon as the shop is open and running, we're moving full steam ahead with Dr S and the next cycle... meanwhile its CD 15 today so I'll be heading down to Sydney on Fri for my last BT that I need to have on CD 21... thats come up fast so at least things aren't taking aaaages...

Hope everyone has a good weekend... there's a wine tasting nearby this afternoon, Luke is at a sleepover, so I've decided I'm heading down there to try and buy - here's hoping a nice evening with a good bottle of red and Luke away for the night will put DH and I in the mood to help my body do what it needs to on CD15!!!!

Well, here's hoping so anyway! The stress DH has been 'offloading' this morning I might just drink the bottle by myself and go to bed in my own!!

Hope everyone is well xxx

Hi ladies

There must be something going on today... I woke up with the worst headeache, a sore threat and AF! And everything in the kitchen at breakfast made me feel nauseas! And I am so far behind in my study that I feel guilty now for not having bounced out of bed, got the cleaning done and be already several hours into my study. Talk about the pressure we put on ourselves!

Sorry I haven't been around much. DF has been away for work for so long now but hopefully he will be back tomorrow afternoon and I have taken Monday off work so we can have a day together, although it looks like I will end up studying! And work has been absolute [email protected] I had to have a long talk with my boss on Thursday when he dumped on me on Wednesday about being late with a project. Problem is he didn't give me any deadline and I am working on a top priority project for another boss so I explained calmly to him that having 2 bosses is not easy and that I can't have 2 number one priorities. I got a lot of things off my chest which was good rather than me stewing over them and I was honest in telling him that if things don't change I will be leaving. Of course he was quick to tell me how valuable I am etc etc but I can't continue with this situation. I spent most of Wednesday and Thursday alternating between wanting to rip people's heads off and wanting to collapse in a ball of tears at the drop of a hat. Luckily I managed to get some stress relief spray from the chemist that seemed to help but this is all due to PMT. What am I going to be like back on another cycle? Anyway, one day at a time. Time for some personals...

Shannon - OMG! That is just absolutely awesome news. Congratulations! I hope your b/t results show that your levels are continuing to rise.

Megan and Smartie -congrats on your transfers and good luck with your TWW. I hope you don't got too crazy! Fingers crossed for both of you!

BW- what a hassle with the bleeding... if it's not one thing it's the next isn't it? Hopefully your medication will get you back on track and I am relieved to hear that you are staying with David and NGF. Hopefully we will be seeing them next month!

Holly - that sounds like sound advice from your acupuncturist; it's not good timing for you though with the new business. If we were still in Melbourne you could have stayed with us as well, but not many people have reasons to come to Canberra. Hopefully things will look up for you and your DH with the new business etc.

BG - you are SO super organised. I was so slack this week that I ordered lite and easy meals while DF was away. While they were convenient they lacked a decent amount of fresh veges IMO so I don't think I will be doing that again soon. Your way sounds so much more appetising but I don't think we have the freezer space! Sorry to hear about your ankle/neck problem. Massage sounds like the way to go - that is the only thing that helps me when I get to that point as well, even though my chiro is amazing! Time to treat yourself and then maybe a nice warm bath tonight. Maybe even let your DH in if he is behaving properly?

PP, Melbel, Tigerlinda - a big hi. I am not sure where you ladies are up to, but hope you are having a great weekend!

Take care all and talk soon.
    Cherylxx

BG have you been reading my live journal again? I had a big ranty vent in there the other day about how my body freaks out with stim cycles - bleeding before hand and OHSS afterwards.

Chez, I hope work sorts itself out and that you can get started with IVF real soon. I know I have my moments where I yell and scream and rant about David, but I do know that he's just what I need in a doctor and he's so unique. Not sure I'd find that anywhere else.

Holly, I'd be back on the plane to Melbourne as well with what you've experienced!

Megan, I hope your day is looking up a bit and that you've at least been able to relax enough to enjoy the visitors. Has DH survived? I know mine would be a bit ragged around the edges by now if he'd run out leaving me to clean up alone.

Still pretty drained and exhausted here. Starting to get stressy about the financial situation with regards to this current cycle, but DH assures me that all will be well. I just know that we'll need to break for a few months to save up if this one doesn't work. Bleeding is now back to just spotting... I'm hoping that it will stop completely in the next day or so if I keep up with the cyklokapron. It's going to be impossible to pick a CD1 for this cycle... I do wonder how the nurses will deal with that!

BW

BW - haven't checked that journal for a bit =- might have to pop over there for a squizzy now...

Chez - hope you have a great time with your DH being home tomorrow. mine got home at some ungodly hour yesterday morning and is leaving again at some ungodly hour tomorrow morning. i love him to bits - but the disturbed sleep is starting to do my head in!

cook up nearly done. have now dished the soup into meals - at last count we had
    3 creamy chicken curries, 2 beef and red wine casseroles, 5 garlic and herb lamb, 5 chow mein, 8 chicken and corn soup, 9 vegie soup (plus seven left from last weekend), and a slow cooker full of spag bol on the go (which will be at least 8 more meals). about to go out for a little while (apparently - will depend on whether i want to go or not) - when we get home we'll do up a vegie bake thingy that DH can heat by the side of the road or i can chuck in the oven - lots and lotsa vegies in that one. yum!

i'm beginning to think this is the way to work - one or two days of cooking, and then freeze it all - and at least i know it's not TOO hard to do when i'm utd and getting organised for being a new mummy!

hi all will be back later for personals

BG - would love the recipe for creamy chicken curry

yum all those meals sound so so yummy

lou - it's easy - go to the supermarket, find the slow cooker recipe bases (in amongst all the other recipe bases) - there is a "mild chicken curry". i think it has a kilo of chicken, couple of spuds, coconut milk - and whack it in the slow cooker

i never said i worked hard at this cook up!

BG, I'm almost inspired enough to get off my bum and do some cooking like that myself. I had a bit of a slip up in terms of diet last night that is making me think I really need to do something like that so that when I'm exhausted I still end up eating properly rather than going for the easy options. Why does all the quick to prepare stuff mainly consist of carbs?

BW

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast