Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Nov 2007

are you remembering to breathe out as you push the needle in BW. releasing the tension goes a long way to easing the pain. also you will nick a fair few moreblood vessels with the lucrin needle as it is a thicker guage needle and it is also summer. Your blood vessels rise to the surface of the skin more at this time of the year and in general you should expect to bruise a bit more. The lump is caused because the lucrin hasnt dissipated quickly enough, either you pushed the plunger in a bit quickly because you were in pain and frustrated or the needle may have beena bit close to the surface of the skin allowing the lump to show more IYGWIM.

Dont worry about it though...even I had a whopper this time..at EPU even the theatre nurses were impressed with it!!!

not got the energy to post much today as im still very confused

had scan today and everything is on trace but one thing

I have fluid on my right tube

i was told last year in lap that i have no right tube!!!!go figure and had my only tube on the left cliped due to the fluid!! and evidence that this can stop a embie from implanting

feeling very lost at the mo with it all

slyder Guest

BW, I know that at a certain point in DW's stim cycle the Lucrin needles started inexplicably hurting, even though I am convinced my technique remained the same. This was a few days into the Lucrin/Puregon combo deal with complimentary alcohol swabs.

Lou, that is truly bizarre.

I think I figured out what part of the problem with my injections is... I started out feeling very ****y and confident and was doing them standing up at the kitchen bench! I remembered after this evening's shocking lucrin incident and sat down to do the puregon afterwards, and it all went much better. The whole breathing out as the needle goes in was the one thing I haven't forgotten! I suspect I hit a reasonably large blood vessel tonight... my bruise is now larger than a 50c coin and is a livid red/purple colour. Only bruise I've ever had like it was my trigger injection! I went to show it to the girls at bible study as I was leaving, and frightened the whatsits out of myself because it was a normal dark smudge of a bruise when I got there. Three hours later and... ouch! It's certainly not going to be a bikini summer for me! Not that I often get into a swimsuit, but I've managed to get this one way too close to me belly button. I'll have to get a picture of it tomorrow, just because nobody will believe it until they see it.

Anyway, this tired little Butterfly is heading to bed... with much head-scratching over your peculiar situation, Lou. I'm baffled! Does the FS have an explanation?

BW

Ouch on the bruise BW, ive never taken Lucrin so i have no idea but wishing you all the best for no more bruises!

Lou - this must be very frustrating, was it the same FS that did the lap last year? Did you have a left tube in the scan.. maybe he got his left and rights mixed up? I have no idea but hope you get your answers!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Lou I just read you post and am sitting here with my mouth hanging open. Have you received an explanation about this?

BW, youch on the bruise. I never bruised with the Lucrin but I did get a bruise from the trigger once. I'd love to see a pic of it.

lou hun, i know from our chat last night how much this situation is stressing you out - i trylu hope you can get some answers today - harrass mac, harrass the nurses - get yourself some answers hun. thinking of you today

BW - ouchies on the bruise! i've only had one nasty bruise (and it sounds similar to what you've described) - i too was standing up to do the injection of antagonist at work - and i bruised something shocking (after bleeding a nice amount and stressing i hadn't actually gotten the antagonst into my system!)

as for me - i just got the call from the nurse, giving me the green light to start stims on friday - woo hoo! isn't it funny, given that i've never had a problem in all previous cycles - hormones have always been at the perfect level - and yet i have spent the past 48 hours stressing that they wouldn't be where they were supposed to be! it was the huge cloud hanging over me, the "maybe we can't start" thing.... it was obviously playing on hubby's mind too, cos he heard the nurse say it was fine, and his eyes just lit up - and they haven't stopped smiling since!

ok i now have a zit and a sore neck- signs that AF is nearly here - damm you!
    still not physically here- but preparing myself@@@@@@
    can someone please do up my straight jacket a little tighter!!!
    odette

Ok, first job when I get home is to find some batteries for the digital camera and get a photo of my impressive bruise. I had a lovely bruise from my trigger first cycle, but this is even bigger. And I'm definitely not standing to do any more injections! It's the only thing we're doing differently to last time, so I guess we go back to planting my butt on the floor or a chair and injecting that way.

Lou, I hope you have success in your search for answers. I'm still really baffled and have no idea what's going on - as BG said, harrass the doctors, nurses, everyone until you get an answer on this!

BG, it's a great feeling to get the go ahead! Hope it's all smooth sailing from there.

Odette, know the feeling. I'll get your strait jacket nice and tight if you return the favour for me in a few weeks. Hopefully AF doesn't arrive and this is it for you. I'll be keeping everything crossed until there is irrefutable proof that it has not worked.

And now for another silly BW question... if the puregon is working this time, just when would I expect to start seeing EWCM? I narrowly avoided a minor freakout this morning because there wasn't any... but surely 12 hours after the first injection is too soon. But when is no longer too soon? I'm just stressing about things going haywire again like they did in the first cycle.

BG, we make a great pair of stress heads!

BW

i would think EWCM wouldn't show til you're getting decent levels of estrogen hun - so certainly NOT 12 hours after first shot. from memory, it was about 7 days in that i started to get a bit of EWCM - but not massive amounts even then... remember, it's likely to show at your most fertile - which won't be til trigger time...

and yes, we'll be stress heads together! odette is gonna have a tough time in a few weeks - we've got it easy - we can hold one arm of her straight jacket each - she has to deal with BOTH of us at the same time! hope you've got lots of arms odette....

Ok, now that I'm home... here is the photographic evidence of my horror bruise: ouch!

How much sympathy can I milk it for?

BW

ouchies babe!

OMG BW, what HAVE you been doing to yourself!!??? Ouch!!! Lots of sympathy heehee!! Im sure you will get lots more. Good luck with your cycle, hope things go well this time, and that you are able to have a fresh transfer, fingers crossed for a awesome chrissy present!!
    Hi to everyone else, there are so many new people in this thread, have just read through a bit, but too much to catch up on. I wish everyone best of luck with their cycles, hope for lots of BFP's!!
    Slyder- hahaha, well i was looking for "rols" and couldnt find the name anywhere, thought, hmmm, where are you... Well, congrats!!! You have lots of wisdoma nd advice and this is a great role for you Im sorry about your FET, i hope things go better next time. Do you think you will try transfer before xmas?? Best wishes to you and DW.
    Ellie, cant find you in here either, but big hello!!!
    xx Mel

slyder Guest

Hey Mel, great to hear from you. Hope things are still going great guns!

The name change tricked a few people, but hey, everyone's doing it!

No transfer before Xmas as it doesn't work for the clinic so we're hoping DW can do a natural cycle with two transferred next time. She's really not keen to do a medicated cycle but up until now that's all they've offered. So for this month at least, it's trying the old fashioned way

and loving every second of it i'm sure Slyder!

slyder Guest

It's brilliant.

Lol good luck slyder

BW- Once again well done on a fantastic bruise... we should start a wall of fame im sure we would get some good pics Hope its not causing you too much grief.

WEll just a quick one from me tonight! Saw FS and absolutely nothing is happening with my ovaries.. i think they are on strike and well i dont blame them. So provera for 10 days to bring on AF and the boost cycle. We changed our minds and upped the dose to 200 so hopfully that does the trick to give us more numbers next time.

Anyone have any advice on provera? What side affets should i be expecting here?

Thanks heaps... Shan

The only advice I have for provera... run and hide! I turned into some sort of raging hormonal mega-b!tch. It really wasn't pretty at all. Cranky, short-tempered, generally nasty and biting everyone's head off. Of course, I do have some pretty extreme reactions to some drugs which are completely different to what other people go through. Clomid, for example, had me off work for a week because it triggered a complete breakdown. It took ages for me to get my anxiety back under control again. I think I'm learning that my experience is pretty much going to be what not to expect. I'm sure you'll be fine with it, Shannon.

BW

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast