Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Nov 2007

ann Guest

Odette,I am so sorry, it doesnt matter what any of us say at the moment it just doesnt seem to help.

BW good luck sweetheart.
    Loula go girl go.

To those I have missed I hope your bodies are doing what it is supposed to do.

Me. Just hanging until AF arrives, hopefully Monday. Then the fun begins. Cycle 6 underway!

Thank you for your Birthday wishes. The big 40, wasn't as bad as 39. Had a hectic day at work, but received so may flower arrangements for awhile there I though I must have died!

Off tonight to works chrissy party, I will be letting my hair down and having quite a few drinkies. After all I will be pregnant in December so I wont be able to drink then. (break out the panadol for me tomorrow!)
    Luv as always
    Ann

Od - im so sorry hun - holding your hand xx

Ann you are funny - you go too girlfriend.hehe - have a few on me hehe i remember your post after my big night out at the races. hehe

I'm scared, and convinced I'm going to hyperstimulate again...

I had my first blood test today... and it took ages for them to get back to me, which is always a sure sign that things aren't good and they've had to get hold of my FS...

After 5 days of stims (2x300IU, 2x200IU, 1x150IU), my E2 is already around 3000. I got the nurse that likes to round off calling me today, so I don't know what the exact number is. They said this was a bit higher than they wanted to see, and I'm terrified that I'm not going to get to transfer and I will hyperstimulate again. I'm trying to focus on the fact that she said it was on "the higher end of normal". Unfortunately, I'm fixating on the "higher" part of that statement rather than the "normal" part of that statement.

I've got to go back for another blood test tomorrow morning. Daily blood tests already! Ouch!

Can anyone with more experience and more wisdom than me give me some idea of just how much trouble I'm in at this point?

BW

ann Guest

BW,

By no means am I any expert, but on my last full stim cycle, I was having daily bt's and I was at the high end of the scale. After hanging around Lismore all day, (transfer was supposed to be 1.00pm), they called to say that it was a no go. Happy I was not. I called in to see the Dr, and he told me that we shouldnt go ahead with transfer as levels were just too high. But I got my way, signed some forms saying I was going against Dr's wishes and had transfer at 4.45pm that day. I was sore, but not that bad. sadly that was another disappointing cycle. I would suggest if you are in heaps of pain, do as your Dr suggests, but if you are feeling ok, pressure him a bit.
    I was given strict instructions though in case something went wrong. I had forms already filled out by the Dr, and instructions for the Dr's in case I had to go to hospital. Wishing you a truck load of luck BW.

Had a wonderful night last night. Yes had plenty of drinkies, but hey, no hangover, yeeeeh! Also recieved wonderful chrissy bonuses from the boss.

One more omen for me. AF arrived this am, one day early. rang ther nurse and she said transfer was going to now be on the, yes you guessed, the 6th Dec.
    6's all around.

Ann

ann Guest

Loula,

Only 2 days to go! yipppeee!!!

Ann

sorry BW - i never ask for my levels sometimes the little you know the better, but i hope everything works out for you hun, wait and see tomorrow then maybe email your FS or give him a call about your concerns

Ann - woohooothis is sounding great to me hehehe. cant believe it keep me posted

Oh ann we posted at the same time lol yep two days, im a bit up and down about this cycle one min im so so so so [ositive the next im thinking why am i bothering IYKWIM, still a little worried about this fluid.

slyder Guest

BW, DW was at the higher end of normal for the whole thing, and towards the end went beyond what they wanted, but ultimately there was still a transfer and strict instructions about 3L of water. She was certainly on the brink - couldn't bend over, difficulty walking, making a good impression of a balloon etc. Sorry, I don't know the numbers though.

Good Morning Ladies

BW - what were your levels last time?

Ann - Glad you had a great night, and what a small world i grew up in Lismore/Alstonville and still visit the parents there reguarly

Lou - Yay only 2 days! Are you putting them both back?

Provera is kicking in big time... poor DH

Shannon how are things with you hun

Me - i have alsways put two in so will be doing two again on Tuesday, have af pains today already - must be the p4 kicking in - looks like im going to be in the TWW alone this time?

My levels at this stage first cycle were an incredible 283! That was after 5 days at 150IU. They then had me do 4 days at 300IU and I jumped up to 2834, and they started to worry then. 2 days later, both at 200IU and I'd hit 9200. Hopefully because the dosage was already dropping this time I'll be ok. I'm going to be extremely nervous waiting for the phone call tomorrow, though!

We've just been shopping - stocked up on gatorade already, plus yoghurt and other high-protein stuff... Guzzling water like it's going out of fashion. Discovered that some of my tighter clothing is already pretty uncomfortable. I can fit into them ok, but as soon as I eat - ouch! I hope I still fit into the outfit I bought for Thursday night when I get there!

BW

Oh BW hun - i hope everthing comes back ok for you tomorrow like i said befor is there any chance that you can speak/email your FS?

BW - you may end up with epu earlier than the 26th hun!

it's not sounding too dire as you're already on a rducing dose - chances are they'll reduce it again tomorrow if they're at all worried

ann - all those sixes MUST be an omen!

Lou - hoping you can get some answers about the fluid on your tube

as for me - i'm soooo tired - i think i'm just hitting a brick wall and soooo looking forward to the end to the week when we get some cooler weather and i start my leave. i believe i'm feeling the effects of the puregon already - have noticed every time i start taking it, i get a very upset tum for a couple of days til my body adjusts - not the nicest feeling for sure! and like BW - i'm more than a little concenerned about hyperstimulating, so just taking each day as it comes - and guzzling water big time!

The nurse did mention that the FS was interested in just how much change there is over night. I get the impression that they are watching closely, but not too concerned just yet. Being watched closely was something I really did want, but... I don't suppose they could have done it without me getting stressed! They are being brilliant with me this time - they aren't brushing off my questions and are answering as honestly and openly as they can. They tell me that I'll probably get a date for a scan tomorrow. And an earlier EPU is fine, just so long as it's NOT Thursday!

BG, hope the weather breaks for you guys soon. I'm not sure now what's heat, and what's just a hot flush for me. So looking forward to a bit of time off work with all of this! I might just take a later scan appointment and book the whole day off to catch up on some sleep and work...

BW

weather is supposed to be nasty for a couple more days (35 or something icky) and then down to 20 or some ridiculously low temp on wednesday - why can't it just be nice and moderate?!? it's not toooo hot today - but super humid and just not pleasant!

ladies - just a quick question - i know BW wasn't feeling a lot for the first few days of stims (or mutual msn stress sessions are great sometimes!) - was wondering how soon others have felt their response to puregon? i believe i'm getting a "heavier" feeling in my ovaries after two days, and i KNOW my bb's are starting to hurt just enough to be annoying, but not enough to be counted as sore (if that makes sense?) - am i going insane? or have people actually felt the responses this quickly before?

slyder Guest

Really quick one as I'm going out the door and down under the deep blue sea - BW, having asked DW I think her levels on stim were something crazy like 11000. They were "alert, but not alarmed", but as I said it was a bit of a battle but she pulled through OK. Doesn't have PCOS though...

BG - sorry i cant remember hun - maybe that is for a reason though lol

My last level was 14480, which I think was still 4 days out from EPU. A long way between here and there... but... I'm scared. I just had a complete meltdown at DH over something trivial and meaningless because I'm so scared.

I hate this!

BW

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast