Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Nov 2007

aw hun - i'm sure DH is smart enough to realise that your meltdown was realistically unrelated to what you actually went off about - you've been to hell and back over the past 12 months of this journey - and he's been there with you - so he KNOWS how hard this is - even if he can't quite express it

huge cyber hugs hun - you know where i'm at if you just need to get it off your chest

BG

why do i feel like im going to vomit and the tww hasnt even started yet

anxiety???

Oh wow what a Sunday we are having in here, glad to see im not the only one pulling out my hair.

BW- Im sure DH understands, and i can defnately understand your fear and that out of control feeling. :Hug: When i had OHSS it was never even checked by blood tests i didn't find out until EPU as 10 follicles was enough to push my PCOS over the edge.

Definately hating the provera! Luckily for DH i am in syd all next week for a work conference so he can get some peace and quiet.

Oh Lou, did you have any boosters for the FET they may be making you nauseus?

anxiety is my best bet too, Lou.

I think DH is ok. I keep biting his head off, though. We're at rehearsal for church tonight - him on sound, me on overheads... and things aren't going that well! He did sneak off to the service station and got me a bottle of water and a sports drink... Little things to help me feel better. He knows I'm not myself even if he doesn't realise I'm terrified out of my scone!

BW

you're in a damn tough situation too BW, cos it's not like you can really go and say "hey, i'm freaking out cos...." when you're as busy as you are!

hope it gets a little easier for you

Busy? hah! I'm ignoring the reports right now! Just can't cope with them as well. It's different when I'm at work, I can focus more. And it's air conditioned! Shoot me if I ever think of doing a stim cycle in summer again!

BW

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

BW, you know I'm not going to BS you, and hope you're ok if I'm honest with you. At day 5 of stim, your levels of 3000iu is on the high end. 1000iu of E2 roughly = 1 egg at O , so for 10 eggs, they would want to see it coming up to 10000iu at trigger. If you're already at 3000iu, they are probably starting to worry about OHSS and so am I. Make sure you drink lots and here's hoping it's some really good few fast growing follies instead of a lot of little ones.

Thanks, Sushee. Honesty is what I need right now. They got worried when I jumped from 283 to 2834 in the first cycle - with only 4 days in between, but 9 days of stims all up. Getting up near 3000 after only 5 days of stims... it's hard to see it as anything other than bad after my experience with my first cycle. I guess we'll know more after tomorrow's test, but I'm starting to mentally prepare myself for another freeze all cycle already. Considering I'm only three weeks out from the end of the school year, and then there's 7-8 weeks before the start of term 1, I'm thinking that if my levels are a bit lower than last time I might just be inclined to push for a transfer anyway, depending on how I'm feeling. Not entirely sure, though. The thought of being as sick as I was for longer is a bit scary.

Just reminding myself that my first cycle still had me on 200IU for two days after I got to this point. I'm already on a lower dose than that now...

BW

Just checking in to see how you went with BT today BW, hope everything is ok

I will be MIA for a few days whilst in Syd at a Sales Conference, my and my provera So have a lovely week and i hope to hear lots of good news when i get back

Shan

Erm... not so good, Shannon. Today's levels were 5000, so an increase of 2000 over night. I have to go back in for a scan and blood test tomorrow morning (I'm so over 5am starts!), and we won't really know much until after that. Tonight's dose drops to 100IU of puregon, and there's talk of adding orgalutran to the mix, but I'm not really sure why...

Hope you and your provera enjoy Sydney. It's freaking hot and humid and revolting here!

BW

Hey Everyone

Just trying to catch up on the old LTTTC thread... far out there are sooo many people in there now!

BW - Hope you're feeling better after your vomiting experience, you poor thing!
    I was just about to write a similar post as Sushee after catching up.... If you stocked up on that gatorade, might be the time to think about guzzling
    Like you said, though, your iu is lower at this point compared to last cycle - Take it easy though, you don't want to go there again xxx

Lou - OMG YAY!!! its tomorrow!
    Stay positive and know I'm only an sms or a phonecall away at any stage tomorrow... Put the worrying of the fluid out of your mind and focus on your little ones snuggling in tight xxx
    Everything will be just great xxx

BG - Hope you're feeling a little better - I've never been on the puregon, so I can't help you there - But have had similar feelings on the gonal f - Out of the 4 stim cycles, the first and third I felt really revolting, and the 2nd and 4th I felt really good.... Who knows????

Shannon - Hope you're doing ok with your new best friend (the dreaded provera)... Been there, and its just not nice
    My body had every stupid side effect listed, I think - and I put on sooooo much weight - Not a friend at all.
    Hoping you're doing ok with it

Odette - I'm so sorry to hear about your result xxx Hoping that you're doing a little better each day xxx

Ann - OMG the amount of 6's happening has just GOT to mean something!!!
    There's no such thing as coincidence Make of it what you can... and latch onto the positive vibe its giving you... It can only be a good thing!!!
    I wish you every best wish for this cycle, I can't stress that one enough xxx

Big hello to anyone I've missed xxx

Well me - Feeling pretty good as of late - I have started back on my chinese herbs & acupuncture after a break due to my unexplainable lumps on my legs (I know some of you prob have NO clue what I'm talking about - You don't want to hear the poor me story again though! )
    The herbs that my herbalist has put me on to get rid of them are working better than the steroids that the Dr prescribed... go figure(?!)
    So, feeling ok... I'm calling Dr Sack's clinic tomorrow to book in and get some thoughts from him as to cycle #5... in the meantime, we're just "practising" naturally
    My body works so perfectly as far as days in the cycle, timing of ovulation and AF, EWCM, etc.... wish the uterus would give up its want to be an individual and just conform already!
    Hoping for some words of wisdom and a BIG light bulb to turn on when we see Dr S though!

Hope everyone is wonderful xxx

Hi all just thought i would bump up this page!!!its been very quiet of late - i hope thats because we are all to busy getting pg.lol

Well had TF yesterday and although it didnt get off to th ebest start we have two blasties on board!!the best news of the day was that they only had to thaw two frosties to get to TF!i was so relieved as i have always believed that blasties didnt like to be thawed!!

I has a guy assisting the FS doing the TF and it thankfully was guided by ultrasound and he fumbled around for far to long when you have a full blader so the FS took over and finished the job. although all this did caused me to become quite flustered myself.

Came home and had a great afternoon - although writing the end of year reports and preparing for accredation is not what i call fun but at least im not running around looking after 10 mad kids at work. hoping im growing two beauties of my own. hehe

well BT is on 30th and looks like i may have to have my first scan in the uk if all goes well, i would love that as then my mum can come too. (we are very close and i miss here very much).

Holly - DH posted your parcel yesterday - he was a sweet all day. hope it arrives in one piece.

BW - hoping you get to EPU hun and you know how sucessful FET's can be so hold on to that hope.

BG - woohoo holidays hey wish i was on them now too, although i still have so many loose ends to tie befor i leave.

OD - hoping you are feeling a bit better xx

Shannon - see you when your back GL with all the meds

Ann - where are you????

Lou, I'm so happy that your thaw and transfer went well! Hope those two little blasties make themselves really comfy!

I've been quiet because I've taken my ranting and raving over to my journal. This stim cycle isn't going great, and I'm looking at another freeze all and a lovely case of OHSS for Christmas. Except my FS is keeping me hanging on whether transfer will happen and hasn't made a decision yet. I sooo want to kick him! Perhaps that's why he hides and lets the nurses deal with us while cycling, and usually gets one of the other doctors to do EPU.

to everyone... I'm being very self-absorbed for fairly obvious reasons.

BW

God, if no one would tell me what was going on, my FS could take bets on me calling his rooms demanding to know exactly what he was thinking.

I'm not saying to do that, though, BW (or am I....?)

I have a mild phone phobia, Sushee. I'm just going to sit it out and wait until tomorrow. There's one nurse who's been taking brilliant care of me, she's been doing the majority of my blood tests and my scans - I think she's realised just how messed up I am. She organised for me to have a couple of days off work now to rest, sleep and regather my strength. Unfortunately, she's not the one who's been doing the phone calls with results.

I'll wait until tomorrow, and get them to note that I really want answers to the transfer yes/no question and ask that they push him to get one!

BW

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly_warrior View Post
    I have a mild phone phobia, Sushee.
    I'm the exact opposite. My FS cringed everytime he saw a message from me, I'm sure of it.

to be honest, i'd be asking for a definite answer one way or another BW - it's obviously taking it's toll on you emotionally not knowing the next step - you need to reduce your stress as much as possible, and from everything i know of you, the only thing that will do that is definite knowledge of your FS' plans for you - black and white, none of this grey BS the nurses are feeding you at the moment...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast