Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - November 2005 #3

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Sue, you are a pearl too. You know I think you're wonderful!

Trish, remember with blasts, the HCG comes in a little later than a day 2 embryo, so even at 14dpo, it may be lowish and not register, or be faint.

Nonetheless hoping for a huge, big, dark line for you, so that there's no doubt!

love
    sushee

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Sushee
    do you know why ?

I think it's because with a Day 2 transfer, implantation has a chance of happening as early as Day 4 post ovulation, where with a blast transfer, you're looking at anytime between Day 5 to 7 post ovulation, because the embryo isn't introduced until Day 5 at the earliest.

As your body only starts producing HCG on implantation, apparently it's been found that blast transfers generally present with a lower HCG than day 2s, as they likely implant later. It's a bit of a trade off - better implantation rates but lower HCG levels at beta.

love
    sushee

I just hope Crinone gel keeps my progesterone high - (it finishes day 14/15) so AF doesn't show before HCG starts being produced - if a late implanter (s ). If that makes sense

I normally have 26 day cycle and this cycle they stretched me out on Synarel - so I started on CD 22 - then Puregon 2 weeks later ... but I went earlier to OPU then they even they planned by 2-3 day - I think my body was taking back control.

I know the Synarel /FSH alter the whole cycle but 1st IVF cycle I still got AF 12 days PO.(I think my LP is only 11- 12 days)

I will just have to wait it out - [-o< my embryos were actually transfered day 6 (no transfers on Sunday at clinic)

Hi! How good is it to see eveyone in here!

Hi Sush, hope belly is well and I love your tatts!

Magic it is so good to see you back and I'm so glad you are going well. I'm using you as my new inspiration. Sushee was previously but we all know what happened to her...she went and got herself pregnant!!

Sue, I don't have a sun lounge (and there is no sun in Melb at the moment) but I think I might go and read a book anyway. Sounds like a good way to ease into the weekend.

Trish, I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you so these are for you... :luck: :luck: :luck:

Heather, good luck with the study this weekend. Sometimes I think I'd rather do assignments than have to start thinking about Christmas shopping though...

Leis, to you and I hope you start feeling better soon. Nobody said this was easy but nobody can deny that it is crap sometimes too.

:smt039 to Marg and Shazey and the lovely mods and I hope you are all well.

I'm hopeless and personals so I hope I haven't forgotten anyone and please forgive me if I have!

I wasn't going to talk about me but I love hearing what you all think, good and bad. ...I still have no idea what is happening and I don't know why Dr wants to wait until Tues to retest. I tried to call him today but he wasn't in this afternoon. I was told to page him if it was important but I figured it's not really and I'll just wait until Tuesday. Anyway, Nursey said if I get any bleeding or pain to go straight to the RWH, and Dr will scan next week depending on the results on Tuesday because Thursday will make me six weeks. Hee hee, if you just look at the last seven words of the last sentence it reads pretty well!!

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone and keep well.

PS - Sue, I didn't get anything chocolately for dessert last night!

Trish,

if your P4 levels are normal usually - and your clinic would have monitored that during your cycles - then your little one/s should take over P4 production in time for you to ease off on the Crinone.

It's funny but I always got AF dead on CD29 prior to IVF, you could set your clock by me. But on IVF cycles, AF always arrived early, and I usually never got to beta without it showing, either fully or with spotting, and my clinic did the beta on CD28! And whether or not I was on P4 supplements didn't make a difference either! But without IVF, I had a great LP phase of 15 days!

Why did they drag out your synarel for as long as they did? My last cycle, I was on Lucrin for over 3 weeks prior to AF, but that was just my AF showing up late, Once I was on the puregon, I went off like a rocket, and had OPU on CD13. The outcome was terrific, so maybe it will be for you too!

love
    sushee

Bee,

Call me the devil's advocate, but if you're not bleeding or in any pain, could it be that it's not an EP? I would have thought that by now they could at least check to see if there's anything in your uterus! And if there isn't, maybe then that narrows down the diagnosis?

Just makes you wonder though about how casual they are about it. Has there been any indication of viability? I can get all the IVF bits leading up to this, but the way the medical profession reason out how to treat you if you register a HCG seems to differ so much, and often seems to make no sense. To me, anyway.

love
    sushee

Hi Sushee,

I flat out asked the nurse on Thursday if there was any chance it was viable and she said "stranger things have happened" but that it is most likely ectopic or an empty sac (blighted ovum?). I can understand that she doesn't want to tell me one way or the other and it turn out to be wrong but she said to keep an eye on how I feel and hopefully we will get an answer on Tuesday. One good thing to come out of it is that I guess once in my life I can say I've technically been pregnant, even if not for long!! Another good thing for next time is that I know if I POAS it is going to register. 8-[ Don't tell anyone but I did it on the day I got 33 and a faint line showed up.

Bee -how many days past OPU where you - as my OPU was on day 12 -not 14 ...

Gee it must be sucking you dry all this bloodtesting and emotions of whether it is a viable bub or EP - my heart goes out to you -you are so strong atm

Hi guys hope you are all well
    Bee good luck on Tues
    Trish how are u, good luck with your HCG on the 28th
    SuziQ glad you could drop in, that sun lounge sounds good, you may have to come up to the hunter valley and we will spend the day touring the winery's and getting a little shattered
    Sushee hows the pregnancy going
    Blue congrats on finishing the exams its such a great relief isnt it
    Hi to anyone else I missed

Well things arent looking to good for me at the moment, I had a blood test on thursday when I had my ultrasound and my P4 was 2.3, they wanted me to have another blood test today which I did and it shows my P4 is now 4.8 a bit too high, the nurse said I need to start taking 2 puffs of synarel in the morning and the night and I will have another blood test and scan on mon, if the P4 rises any higher this cycle will be cancelled.

I just cant believe it after all the trouble I went too to get here in the first place, working 2 jobs to come up with the money so I could go ahead before xmas so I wouldnt loose my medicare threshold and so I wouldnt have to pay my excess again. I asked the nurse what it meant when your P4 levels were high and she said that it means that everything is lutenizing, I can only gather that means that the follicles are either shrinking or dissapearing, she said it was too early to do a OPU because on thurs I didnt have any over 20mm.

Has anyone else had problems with there P4 and had there cycle cancelled and also does anyone know what your P4 levels should be.

Thanks guys I hope someone out there can help me :evil:

Shazey, so sorry to hear all is not going as planned at the moment. I don't know any details about levels or anything but I have every finger and toe crossed for you.

Shazey, not sure about levels either, when do you have another scan to see what's going on?

Bee & Trish, hope your waits aren't 'killing' you

Sue, I remember when you started that book, hope you're enjoying it.

And I hope the other girl's joining me in a break are enjoying themselves. I feel good thinking about me! I think everytime I walk into a shopping centre I buy something for myself. Also, I've lost weight which I think is due to not taking any drugs (that would sound strange to an outsider, lol)

Enjoy your weekend, we have sun, sun & more sun. Yah!!!!!

I have my fingers crossed for you Bee. And good luck shazey.

I'm almost at the end of my second week of injections - last puregon & orgalutran (Sun eve) thank goodness. I've also had blood tests every morning this week so well and truly feel like a pin cushion at the moment! Then it's a scan on Monday morning to see if the follicles have actually grown. I'm not sure whether to get my hopes up or not as they were concerned at my last scan that they weren't growing fast enough. Guess all I can do is wait and see.

Not sure how I'm going to feel if after all the treatment they tell me that this cycle is being cancelled. Fingers crossed.

Marg

Goodluck Marg - [-o< for a good crop of good sized eggs

confusedegg Guest

Good luck Margo - I have almost had a cancelled cycle, but clinic increased the puregon.

Good luck trish - hope your blasts all tucked away - i was same as you worrying about every twinge.. I had no morning sickness until week 8 and no other preg symptoms at all. The only sign or symptom i had severely tired at early weeks and spotted.

My fingers are crossed for you both.

Chris

Hi there all you wonderful ladies
    Well the cycle is going ahead, I had a repeat ultrasound and blood test today and everything looks great.
    Boy those follies grow quite a bit in a couple of days, I have at least 11-13 good follies to pick up so I am very excited, last cycle I only had 6 so I didnt go to blast, but this time I am. So trigger will be sometime tonight with OPU on wed morning nice and early. =D>
    Hope everything went well for you Marge
    Confusedegg good to see you, havent seen you for a while
    Trish how are those little embies going, hopefully they are quite happy and comfortable where they are and they wouldnt want to be anywhere else.
    SuziQ, Blue, Magic, Sush and anyone else I have missed, I hope you are all well

Great news Cass ~ Shazey [-o< for a good harvest.Goodluck triggering.

Marg - how did you today with your scan ?

Goodluck in Dec for Chris and Jan for Chele and your little snowbubs - did you see Sushee's post on day 2 vs Blast -

I am still glad went to blast but I don't have any snowbubs. Blasts really do sort out the good and not so good ones in a way. Maybe saves a
    useless 2ww -my 1st FET they went from 4 cell to 2 cell & 1 cell on thaw - I felt it was hopeless before I even sat on the chair...

This time scientist said though they there were three other expanding blasts and they had survived to day 6 - the cell structure that makes embie and placenta -he thought didn't look good enough to be viable -but they they got to blasts.

Thanks for wishes - I am holding on just - been having very light cramping last 2 days and a few tiny pink dots of Crinone discharge Sat (Sorry TMI) and few brown specks yesterday/this morning - feel like my hopes are sinking fast - but Crinone unworthiness does that to you too

Q - do they count OPU as day 1 or the next day as 1dpo - if so I am 13dpo counting from Wednesday (opu Tuesday) -which is one day FURTHER than I got #1 - it is so frustrating waiting ....and hoping and [-o<

Yah Shaz on EPU coming up. You just never know what's going to happen!

Trish, how're you going, not long to go, hoping the best for you.

Bee, hope you're ok & will be waiting to see what happens tomorrow.

Marg, hope your scan went well & the follies have grown.

Take care

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast