Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Oct/Nov 2007

*sneaks in quietly* pssstt...anyone home?

Hey guys does anyone mind if I join you. I am starting to feel a bit lost in the other thread with so many newies and being that much older too myself..anyways let me know.

*sneaks out again*

Mel, I'm so very happy that you found us here. While chatting with BG last night we decided that it's more about the mindset than the actual time.

BW

slyder Guest

Lou, that IVM program is really interesting. I did hear about it a few months ago and I'm not sure if I made a thread about it or not. But anyway, if they can get it going as successfully as IVF it would be fantastic and seems so much more logical and safe than stimulating egg development via the female body (ie. why do it through the middlelady if you can get straight to the source )

Anyway, I'll rack off now, just noticed that post and was interested.

Hey Mel...how's things? Here's hoping we're all out of here for Christmas!!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Lou,

I was coming in to post that same article.

hi mel - welcome to the madhouse!!! i think the discussion between BW and myself last night was pretty apt - it seems to be more about the attitude of everyone here at the moment "fitting" the way we're feeling - and i'm sure you'll fit in nicely too! where are you at with your cycle - last time i read anything about you, i'm pretty sure you'd just had the major running around cos you had to get your meds NOW when they only gave you a few hours notice to get started...

Lou - i too heard something about this a few months back but cant recall if it was on BB or not - i hadn't read anything substantial about whether it was working or not - it's lovely to know that there are lots of little bubbas running around out there, and that there may, in future, be a way to avoid OHSS (and it doesn't look like it's a long way off either!)

now, which team in AU will be the first ones brave enough to take on the job of introducing it here...?

ETA: Ellie - another red standard that has been suggested is Oklahoma - now off to post in sushee's thread...
    Last edited by briggsy's girl; October 27th, 2007 at 10:19 AM.

Thanks BG...will google them!!!

there are a couple of good rose sites online if you want just pm me and i'll send you the links

Hi girls.... I've decided to make the big move too.
    Three stim, 2 FET cycles but only 3 transfers. It's been a rough year, but lately I have just been trying to concentrate on the fact that I did achieve implantation on two of those transfers. I think that is the thought that is going to get my through the next few months while we take a break.
    DH and I bought a house a few weeks ago and we're moving in 4 weeks, then we've got the crazy month of december. So, we figured January will be here before we know it and we will hopefully be able to do a FET if they manage to successfully thaw an embryo!
    So, even though I am not going through AC at the moment I feel this is probably the best place for me right now.

Hi Megan...congrat's on the new house! Here's hoping 2008 sees all your dreams come true...bub in armsxxx

yay on the new house megan! fabulous news hun!

i can understand the need to take a bit of time out with everything you've got coming up -hoping the new home and the new year brings you the fulfilment of all of your dreams - thinking of you hun

Thanks girls I'm amazed I am feeling as good as I am about having a break. I must really need it I think. We're also excited about the house obviously (as renting since we sold our last house a few months ago has been a crappy experience!) and is something to really look forward to.
    I also started weight watchers to get rid of the kgs I've gained since starting IVF. Almost 3kgs gone in 2 weeks and trying hard to get 10 off before our FET.
    It's all go in here at the moment...a few stims coming up! I can live vicariously through all of you girls for a while!

Thats great that you have found a house again Megan...I so get what you mean about renting it is just not the same.

Well I had my down reg scan yesterday and all is quiet on the western front so I start on Gonal F tomorrow night. Have a scan booked for next Friday morning at sparrows fart and then working towards a pick up maybe towards the end on the next week so anywhere from the 6th Nov - 12th depending on how the eggies progress. Based on the last stim cycle it will prolly be in the midle somewhere I would say. I am hoping it is then because Geoff has his boss on hols the next week and getting time off to do his bit is going to be a real PITA

Wow! It seems things sure have got noisy in here all of a sudden! It's nice to see so many familiar faces coming out of the woodwork. I guess we were all thinking the same thing, really.

I had someone send me a link to the article Lou posted the other day... Certainly something I want to keep an eye on! If it ever comes available in Australia, I'm going to be doing my best to have a go. Interesting that it works best for women with PCOS - they get more eggs this way than they can from a woman without PCOS. Looks like there's finally something where this is an advantage! But I guess it's a trade-off with the OHSS risk we face under normal stims.

I'm still plodding along with the pill. Seems the worst of everything has finally passed, I've thought that twice before and things got rough again, but seems to finally be done now. Weird how emotionally I'm ok this time, but have gone through physical hell. I guess because it was over before I even knew it had begun... I was more upset over the two that didn't thaw than I was over this one. In a way I think it's finally brought closure to the first miscarriage as well. The ill-fated embryos of the 2nd of April are now gone. One in emotional pain, one in physical pain, and two that just didn't make it. I have a weird image of the slate being wiped clean and starting over... without all the dramas of bleeding and lack of response then too much response that we had last time. Embryos produced with drama and problems all around did nothing but create drama and problems in the end. Hopefully our next lot will be created with no problems and will themselves create no problems. I think I've spent far too much time alone with my thoughts today - too many philosophical ponderings!

Looking forward to our appointment next week, and just hoping that we can get the Dr S perspective on things before we get there.

BW

hey all
    whoo hoo we have been busy chatting in here
    I am with you BW and hate the pill when i was on it - my body just felt outta wack- but it kick backed in and i felt really good on the gonal f
    Very interesting article, but don't think that it would work for me as it take me maxium dose of drugs to get me to produce three or four follies!!! Plus i do ISCI

Just finished giving my private parts their public haircut- IYKWIM- gotta look nice for the doc!
    so another step closer-lolo
    scan count down is Monday- i know what they are gonna say but- ages away from o'ing come back end of the week and test with seratac as well. I tend to o around day 15 to 18- so i reckon i am at least a week off- but best to be sure than miss the boat!
    Hope all is good and keeping sane
    odette

Lou, I can confirm that Dr S is definitely not away... an email from him just landed in my inbox. Sadly, he says he doesn't have enough information on the cycle to comment (trust me to forget to tell him we had a blastocyst transferred on a natural FET cycle, 6 days after ovulation - remember this for next time, BW!) more fully, but does think that luteal phase support could be a good idea for next time.

He suggests we wait and see what David says... and now I'm suddenly panicking that he'll try to pass it off as nothing more than a failed cycle and will try to tell us the embryo didn't take at all... Here I go with the predicting disaster and trying to prepare myself for all possible outcomes thing. I am getting much better at seeing it and stopping it... but I'm not getting any better at the waiting game. Can we fast forward to Thursday, please?

BW

hey girls
    had scan today and o'ing on my left side with a nice 13mm follie- which is my quicker side. Start o tests tommorow and looks like i will o on thursday so tranfer at this stage looks like this Sat- so quick!!!!
    got b/t on wednesday morning to see how its going and scan again on friday to double check that i o'ed on thursday
    OMG i can't believe that i will have another embie on board by this time next week!!! whoo hoo!! so wrapped that my body is doing what it is suppose to as this is only the second cycle after my m/c and it looks like it is behaving!!

not many more sleeps now until your F/S appointment BW-
    its gonna be a busy week in here i am tipping!
    odette

hi carla
    so sorry about your BFN- it rips your guts out- doesn't it!
    when is your next tranfer?
    apparentally they are getting good results from FET- at my clinic at the moment my F/S that most of his successes have been from FET lately. It is so depressing the weight side as well. IVF blows you up so quick- a least with the weather fining up, it gives a bit more motivation to move!

good luck
    odette

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast