Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Oct/Nov 2007

Hi Ladies

Just thought i would sneak in, i have been wiating for this thread to heat up

Dh and I are scarily going to reach the 3 year mark TTC on Nov 1st, i know its no where near as long as some. But its scary to think how long the journey could take. And after 2 years of AC i am a little over it all We are CD 33 today and waiting on AF to start another boost cycle. Not really very excited or optimistic... just feeling like we have to do this to get another step closer, i think its because im a bit scared about the extra heperin and asprin and they scary feeling of nowhere to go from here. If this doesn't work there is nothing we can do to improve our chances except keep doing the same thing.

Sorry for the ramble and crashing your party

Shan

Shannon you're definitely not crashing come on in and pull up a chair!
    Slyder...the PHI trick is one that I learnt many years ago with medications for my diabetes. I always sit down first and work out how many tablets etc to get on each script to get hte maximum rebate. For example my health fund pays anything over the PBS price of $30ish up to amx of $100 per script and one of the drugs I take is $50 a box so for me it worked out best to get 2 boxes on each script making the second effectively free.

You have to do the maths all the time in this business....

Well you'd think after 28 years and close to 40,000 injections I would have it down pat....but no....I managed to nick a blood vessel last night with my lucrin injection and now have a whopper of a bruise on my tum tum. Havent done that in a long time. Ah well, life goes on...no bikini modelling for me this week.

Mel - Oh what a shame i find bikini modelling the only way to support my IVF addiction! :P
    I am having the same issue at the moment huge black bruise on my stomach i think from acupuncture last week, which ironic considering i never bruised in my life until i started acupuncture and now im facinated when i get one!

Shan

Very happy tonight!

New stim cycle is underway. I'm starting lucrin tonight, take my last pill on Saturday night, blood test to start stims on the 12th (may actually start on the 13th, though).

Doing things differently this time - starting on 10IU of lucrin straight off, instead of 20IU. Starting puregon with 2x300IU, 2x200IU, 2x150IU... starting high and stepping down quicker. Hopefully this will help avoid OHSS (although the FS says that has more to do with my diet and exercise or lack of than anything they do). We're also using a polscope with our ICSI this time to hopefully give us less fragmentation.

Feeling good about things right now.

BW

woooo hooooo!!!

thats fantastic BW!!!
    glad to see that its all systems go and you have a plan!!!!

nothing news here
    off to clinic tommorow again for scan and b/t to see if I have o'ed yet
    i reckon that I am pretty close as i can feel my ovaries bloated last night and today
    will know more tommorow!
    odette

Sounds great BW.

I'm off at sparrows fart for a scan to see how many follies are growing in the morning, hoping for the high teens as we will lose a few to the PGD at the other end. Feeling so tired today went back to bed and woke up at 4pm when the next door neighbour rang the doorbell.....nothing like the embarrasment of answering the door in your jim jams at that time of the day!! espesh when its the guy from next door!!

Fantastic news BW, hoping the new process is just what you need, im glad David has put a smile on your face today, wishing you all the very best with your cycle hun

Mel - im hearing you - i have been up at 5.30 every day this week and today didnt get home til 9.30 pm very very tired and we are off on a little holiday this long weekend - fishing, not my thing really but DH has a boat and loves fishing so it will be nice to spend some time together

Od - thanks for the number - i left the bit of paper at home but will put it in my bag NOW.lol Happy oing dat too

Bg hoe you are well ?

me - well got the call today to tell me that my bloods have not changed and so i can start the dreaded HRT tomorrow - if they arrive in time. then will go for a scan in 10 days to measure lining and if all goes to plan we will have two little embies on board by the end of the year - yay

21mm follie nicely growing and lining nice and thick- they are still not sure if o'ing today as pee test was negative so i had a b/test done and just waiting for results.
    thats all we do isn't girls- wait!!!
    odette

clinic just rang- i am surging today so will ovualate tommorow so tranfer is Monday!!!
    Whoo hoo- and she has allready booked in my pg b/test for the 19th - hows that for optomistic!!!
    now we just have to pray that this emby survives the thaw!!!!

ring on Sunday to get tranfer time!
    odette

Good luck for thaw, Odette. I think that's the one part of this whole thing that makes me most nervous.

BW

mee too
    as its our last frostie- i will be glad when i get a time on Sunday for monday- means there is something to tranfer
    fortunately only ever had one frostie out of the 7 we have had put back- not make it past thaw- so hopefully that was a once off and this one is a winner!
    Lucky 7th cycle and lucky 3rd tranfer from this pick-up - hoping this is a good omen!!!
    odette

wishing you all the best od - hope you have a nice relaxing day on the Tuesday after xx Gosh it has come around quick xx

sending happy positive thawing vibes OD! Our only thaw was a bust so I know if I have to go down that road again I will be anervous wreck.

Well we had our scan and i have 8 follies on the right ovary and four on the left...the left is being a it lazy this cycle. all are roughly 10mm so right on track for a pickup next friday. Will have another scan on weds and if it is all good trigger shot that night, pick up friday and hopefully if the PGD goes well on Monday we will have some embies to transfer back very late Monday afternoon.

mel, all sounding fantastic hun! can't believe after all your waiting you're finally so close!

Wow mel thats great news that your cycle is coming along for you

hey BG - not long now til you see FS, this week i believe - sending you all my wishes xx

ann Guest

It has been such a long time I know. But with work I just do not get time to catch up. Sorry!
    Have been reading the posts, and I think it is time for some good news around here. Some lovely BFP's would be a nice christmas present.
    Well I'm finally onto my very, very last roll of the dice. FET is set for the 7/12, if all goes well. Not feeling confident, but I suppose after ttc for almost 6 yrs does that to you.
    Wishing all you wonderful girls get that magic BFP that we all dream about.
    Promise I will try to catch up more, if I ever find the time.
    Luv as always
    Ann
    PS I think I am slowly coming to terms with the fact *it will never happen for me*

Hi Ladies

Wow lots of transfers going to be going ahead soon! All the best Mel, BW, Odette & Ann. We could get a great run of BFP's for christmas!!

Loula good luck with the HRT

Well not much happening here CD 37 and a little annoyed at my body i am reading to start stimming the minute she rears her ugly head! Im getting a lot of cramping but she is just taking her own sweet time

Shannon

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast