Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - October '05 #2

Blue Sky Guest

Morning all,
    Looks like the weather has cleared up a bit here too - hope everyone has a great day.
    Sue - hope your EWM news is good news from the clinic tomorrow
    Best start this assignment now.
    Take care
    H

Pssssssst :gossip: I think AF is on its way...

Thanks for sharing your secret Blue, hooray at last. Do the rest of us a favour though - lock her up real tight please!!!

Blue Sky Guest

Sure thing Sue. I have the ropes, handcuffs and gaffa tape ready to go. :-#

We are still talking about AF aren't we? Oops, that was a little naughty. Better get out in the garden I think.

Hi ladies! Well, I have my trigger tonight at 7.50pm and check in Tuesday morning at 7.30am (Melbo - Moneymasons) so hopefully I'll be home nice and early. I spent from 9.30am to 5.00pm on the computer doing an assignment yesterday so I've being doing absolutely nothing today and it has been fantastic. DH has gone to play tennis so I might walk the dog over for a look then come back and lay on the couch.

Does everyone remember Bertie Beetles? I thought they were extinct but I was in Kmart on Friday and they had them at the checkout. I had to buy a couple for old times sake and they are just as good as I remember them.

Sorry for warbling on...

Bertie Beetle, hmmmm. Don't remember the name Bee. Maybe we called them something different up here. Anyway, sounds like a good luck charm to me!!!!
    It's good to get the epu over and done with early, no time to think too much. And, you have the whole day to flop about afterward.
    Warbling's good, better than assignments.
    Good luck
    Love
    Sue

Hi guys just thought I would check in and say hello, first of all good luck Bee with your EPU on tuesday early morning check in is great we usually check in at 6am and we are out about 9am which is good so hubby can get back to work. Hope everyone is doing well and I would like to say thank you to everyone for the welcome its great to have people to talk to who are going through the same thing. Well its very hot up here and all I have done today is run my 6 year old DD to rehearsals for her dancing concert, she had to be there from 10am until 12pm and then go back from 3pm until 530pm so you really cant do much during the day. I am hoping AF will arrive soon so I can start the jabs (hate doing them on myself) its alright if I give them to someone else because then I dont feel them LOL. Well I hope you all had a great weekend.
    PS I remember bertie beetles yum yum

Ah the Bertie Beetle ... the best value showbag ever! For $2.00 you got a stack of the little blighters and some little twirly thing to play with that you lost while riding the Ghost Train. Mmmm beetly...

Hi guys - sorry I havent popped my head in for a while. Things have been a little rough emotionally lately... but getting back on track, so thanks.

Docs appt was a bit long and painful - I cried my eyes out.... how embarassing! Anyway, a few things were looked at including needing more regular monitoring of P4 levels, and also a problem that may be apparent with embies gettng past day 3 - something that was picked up while allowing them to get to blast. They grow along fine and on day 3 just stopped hence why of 11 good fertilised ones only 3 made it to blast.

So we are going again... money is very tight at the moment and am wondering where it will all come from - am selling my car to help out. But we do what we do, dont we.

Whole situation was exacerbated by my best friend asking/volunteering me to organise her baby shower for her, another friend who just went off the pill last month is pg and a friend's lesbian partner is expecting a baby too. No problems with lesbians having babies mind you - just seems I thought they would have a little more difficulty that I! Anyways...

Bee - Am very excited for you, and with fabulous number of follies too!

Magic - I am just loving your new name - and am [-o< you get a lovely beta result...

Blue - Hope AF gets there soon... I think either way - whethr your in 2ww or not the whole thing will be hanging over your head, so really is up to you..

Shazey - welcome. Hope your stay is short.

Tam - not long now..

Sue - hows things with you - where are you at now? I always have extra EWCM in a stim cycle, pretty much just a few days into it, so I would say is normal. Well, I hope..

So good to see you back, Keen. We all need time out every now and then. The whole thing is so overwhelming. Particularly for you being surrounded it seems by others who either don't know/understand or fall at the drop of a hat.
    Hopefully, closer post ET monitoring will help you next time. The day 3 thing is very curious. We expect doctors to know everything, wish they did. None of use would be in here!! Take care of your heart, we're here for you. :flower:

I'm on my 5th day of Puregon today. Started Lucrin on Monday. They're messing with my head this time. Not good for my colleagues. This is where a DH would come in handy - a punching bag!! Hoping it will be nice and short. The only 1 day EPU day a week issue is a little bit of a worry if I keep stimming as well as I am. This week will be too soon and next week I'll be overcooked. Just means I have to go to Sydney I guess. There I go, getting ahead of myself again...
    Shazey, hope AF has done her bit with Blue and is on her way north to you. Just don't let her go east when she leaves your place please.
    Love
    Sue :luck:

Keen - good to see you back but I'm sorry you have been feeling down. It's understandable I think after everything you've been through.

It's ironic too how when you are going through a bad patch, the pregnancies start dropping out of the sky all around you. It's just too cruel.

Bee - have a nice rest today in preparation for your OPU and enjoy that raisin toast afterwards.

Blue - thinking of you.

Talk to you all during the week ladies. Take care now.

Love,

Mel

Hi guys, better late than never, I've been away for the weekend, just to visit my parents & some outside work, but wanted to have some 'fun'. Went out for dinner at Mexican & then chips by the water for lunch today. It was great.

Some action going on in here, it's great, means there has to be some good coming out of here soon.

Sounding really good Bee, I never felt much at EPU, the time inbetween my last scan & EPU day I had this awful feeling that all my follies/eggs had disappeared! And I got 17 eggs!

Sheree, thinking of you for tomorrow, hope there is some Magic there! Take care & big hopes for you.

Sue, you are cooking up a storm there, sounds good.

Heather, big decision on what to do, have you made up your mind yet. Personally I'd only do one thing at a time. I've been having a bit of a tight squeeze fitting in things lately, which has brought on a bit of stress. I think that could be why I"m a bit 'quiet' this cycle.

Shazey, nice to see you here, always good to hear everyone's 'story' & is always especially nice to know we're not alone.

Keen, take care of yourself before starting your cycle, build up our strength, physical & emotional.

Hi to Mel & Sush, nice to see you guys popping in, all your words are appreciated.

My spotting has stopped, took a couple of days though so I was a bit worried, but just kept thinking the nurse said it was ok, I just hope that wasn't the part of my lining that my embie was trying to latch on to!
    Just waiting out the days.......argh......

Tam,

Have replied to you in the other forum but just to wish you best of luck again. It can't hurt! It's great news that the spotting has stopped too.

Chat to you all a bit later. Happy Monday everyone!

Mel

Hi everyone
    *Tam*, glad the spotting has stopped. Everything is still crossed.
    Magic, thinking of you and wishing you luck.
    At work doing a sneaky so no time for personals, sorry.
    Hope you're all doing well.
    love
    Sue

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Keen,

firstly so glad to see you back. I understand needing the time off. Can't help worrying when we don't hear from you though. :flower:

Sue, I hope you managed to get an earlier scan.

Tam, was going to email you today if you hadn't posted. Was hoping you'd come back and say how you were too busy on the weekend to post, and it was true!

Bee, good luck for the epu! Hoping for many eggs!

Magic, still

shazey, hopefully all the sctivity has brought AF round to your house. Blue, I'm assuming the witch is on your doorstep as we speak! Lol!

Trish, Mel and everyone else, I hope you're having a better Monday than me (I hate Mondays) and will talk to you all again soon!

love
    sushee

Hi girls.. hope you don't mind me lurking here. I have a question if I may. I had a scan this morning (CD 12 stimming since CD5) and it showed 5 follies on the right and 6 on the left my doc ummed and ahhed about bloods and then decided to do them.. when I rang for the results they said my new instructions were to increase puregon to 200ui (previously on 150). Most of the follies were the same size..10mm and I am scared that now we are going to overstim them and miss the boat or have to cancel. Tentative OPU is monday 31st. Is this normal?? I really like my doctor and I know I should just trust him but????? Please help if possible..
    Thanx

Shez,

Everyone's response to the stim drugs seems to be so variable and since this is your first cycle, it sounds like they had you on a lower dose initially to see how your ovaries liked it. I think that if you're on the younger side of things, they don't like to give you too much straight up in case you overstim.

In this case, it sounds like the doc is probably wanting to be absolutely sure that your eggs are nice and ripe for next Tuesday so he's just upped the dose a fraction to see how you go. They'll probably monitor you pretty closely from here on in but if you feel a bit unsure of the situation at any time, don't hesitate to tell them. Try not to worry and I hope things go well.

Love,

Mel

Bee - hope it all went well this morning and you got lots of lovely eggs.

Sheree and Tam - thinking of you both and hoping for good results.

Sue, Blue and everyone ... hope you are doing okay.

Love,

Mel

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast