Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ February 2006 #3

Janee- I am so sorry Janee. Big Hugs to you.

Thank you all so much for you much needed support. You all have really made this time so much easier. I have felt like I am so much stronger than I was the last 2 times. I am so eternally grateful to you all.

SuziQ- My head is totally not on this planet. Last time I miscarried I got into see Malcome straight away. So it makes sence to get straight into see Frank. I did not even have to pay today. We were totally shocked about that. Never before this week had I even been offered councelling. I was a total mess last cycle. This time I have been so together so it came at a bit of a shock. It was also Michelle who booked me in, But Bernadette did re-enforce it.

My Visit today went ok. We both have to have more tests. Then if they both come back alright we can start again. as I have to have provera to bring on AF I wanted to know exactly when we could start and DR said as soon as we get the blood work back. I was shocked with that as before we have always had to have at least a 3 month break. So it is up to us. and the blood tests of course. At this stage I am still in shock with it all. I have not slept since friday and it has finally hit me today. So we just no have to wait for blood tests!! always waiting...

anway I do truly from the bottom of my heart thank you all..... many hugs to all of you.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Tam,

the biggest hugs to you, mate. DH said to me when I told him that you're one person who's had so many ups and downs and have dealt with it with a great deal of dignity. I couldn't agree more.

You know I'm always just a phone call away.

love
    sushee

Oh Tam, I feel for you. It's so unfair, there must be times you wonder how much more you can take. Damn chem pg's. I really think BFN's are better IYKWIM. Your strength and resilience is an inspiration.

I officially rename February "[email protected]" month.
    Take care of your heart and big hugs

Tam- I am soo sorry honey. big long hugs to you.

Blue Sky Guest

Awwww crap!! Bugger!! ****!! I'm so sorry Tam!!
    Look after yourself sweetie :hugs:

Tam, Janee & Vicki, Sending you all a truck load of hugs as you all go thru this heart wrenching time. Thinking of you all.

Oh NO Tam and Vicki I send you heaps of cyber Hugs girls sooo very sorry for what you are going through. Hope you are taking it easy.

Ohhh Tam.... :fuming: How can life be so cruel.... ](*,) Take care of yourself and your family, and stay strong, sweet heart, as good things are just around the corner for you.... love and hugs always.. leis xx

janee Guest

Oh Tam, just read your post now...that is not fair! I kept thinking this week, well at least Tam got some good news from the clinic....I am so sorry. I hope you're doing OK. Looks like we may bump into each other in that wiating room after all.... have you noticed how serious some women are...and sometimes I think I'm getting a real looking down upon ...I mean I know we are all in that clinic because of a serious issue, but I always try to smile and put on a happy face in that waiting room, cause we're all in the same, or similar boat really aren't we? Anyway, I hope you're OK.... me I'm currently doing all the things I couldn't if I were pregnant...having a drink after work, eating dip, soft cheeses etc etc...oh and the BEST ever white chocolate cheesecake that I made myself...sending you each and all a piece in cyber space...ENJOY!!!!

Tamtake care of yourself it definately is not fair
    VickiI hope you are looking after yourself and DH
    LeisHope you are well and thanks for the email on empty arms definately did need the tissues
    Suzi Qnot long now until you go on the trip of a lifetime I cant wait to hear all about it
    Hello to everyone else that I have missed its hard to keep up with you all these days.
    Well if you remember back a couple of months ago I decided I needed to give up midwifery and have a break from babies for a while, well it has been going great but now I have decided to make more drastic changes in my life. We have put the house on the market and we are moving to Hervey Bay, I have a job (as a midwife lol) commencing on the 20th March so we are frantically trying to pack and clean the house ready for the big move.
    I feel my heart is now healing and I feel a lot stronger than I did a couple of months ago, so once I get settled I will log on again and see how you wonderful ladies are going and hopefully we will have lots more graduates by then.
    Take care of your hearts, your DH'S and each other

Me 34
    DH 35
    DD 13
    DS 11
    DD 6
    3 X Angel babies
    05 IVF ICSI#1 BFN
    05 FET #1 BFN
    05 FET #2 BFN
    05 IVF ICSI#2 BFN

Good afternoon, thanks for the thoughts, they help immensely, it is good to have good friends like you guys.
    I hope the other ladies with BFNs are feeling a bit better as well.
    It feels a bit hard to know whether the m/c gives more hope or kills a bit of your positive thinking. Not sure at the moment, still waiting for the impending AF.

Janee, maybe we will meet during our IVF cycles... It is a bit strange the seriousness of everyone. Quite often I have to take DD with me & not sure if it affects anyone but sometimes she does put a smile on faces & 'lightens' the atmosphere a bit. I have got to know the nurses quite well (unfortunately because I've been there a long time) so I guess I do talk a bit & I am a smiler anyway, lol.

Shazey, everything sounds good. It is good that you feel you are able to move on. It is said that a change is as good as a holiday (but maybe we'll have to ask Sue about that later, lol). Crossing my fingers it all goes well for you, and you make it there in time for your first day.

Leis, I see you're going Platinum too, can't wait to see your 'sexy chick'

Bee, Heather, Nola, hope your cycles are going well.

Take care

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Tam
    I can't imagine how you feel but big {{hugs}} -the waiting is heartbreaking.
    In the waiting room at our IVF clinic once there was this little girl about 1yr -18/12 months dancing,clapping and swaying to HI 5 on TV - she had a few smiling faces watching her too - not just me and my DH - roomful of us

Shazey -Cassie -OMG was a surprise you have sprung. That is less than 3 wks away.I hope the change is a wonderful turning point in your life. Hervey Bay is a beautiful place from sound of it. Goodluck - and don't be a stranger.

We will miss you. I really enjoyed meeting you and chatting about growing up YKWIM. What does your DD think ?

She was so cute and has spunky character. She was very funny too.

We might head up there sometime DH sister & family is in Gympie.

Take care of your heart and enjoy your new job.

Hi Girls,

Just wanted to say sorry again, Tam. It's so disappointing. Thinking of all you other ladies who have recently had BFNs and losses ... it's a hard road sometimes.

Shazey - Hervey Bay is lovely. I hope you enjoy the change and the beautiful climate.

Re the waiting room ... I used to sit in there with my eyes shut usually, pretending to be meditating. I would sometimes read but was incapable of concentrating and I didn't make eye contact with anyone. I don't know why I was like that but I found the anxiety would start building up on the way to the doctor's office and by the time I got there, my throat was dry and constricted and I could often hear my heart pounding. It got quite ridiculous. I'm not sure if it was because of my situation or the vibes coming off everyone else as well but there is a kind of feeling in those places sometimes that is hard to describe.

I once apologised to my doctor's PA because I was always forgetting something or appearing dim-witted while I was in there. I confided in her that I wasn't normally like that but for some reason, when I came in for appointments, I had to think about the situation and it made me a bit stupid. Not sure whether she believed me or not.

Leisa - looking forward to that sexy av. I'll bet she's a stunning surfer chick (like her owner).

Love,

Mel

Shazey! Wow, what a lovely bombshell that is. \/
    Happy that you're feeling stronger but even happier that you're returning to midwifery (I always knew you would...) And, what better place than Hervey Bay? You lucky girl. Stay well, 'see' you when you're back on line.
    :smt039 Melbo, always nice to see you popping in.
    Hope you're doing ok Tam
    Blue....where are you???
    Hi to everyone else.
    Sue
    171 more sleeps until up up and a-w-a-a-a-y

Hi Guys thanks for your thoughts

Trish I too enjoyed meeting you and your DH and DS, Shayla is very excited about going to Hervey Bay, and yes she is definately a character, I will miss my gorgeous friend Tiggy who has been there for me through thick and thin, those gorgeous twins Ivy and Noah and all of Tiggy's family they have been like my surrogent family for so many years, and there has been lots of tears and laughs over this time.
    But I feel for me to heal I need to make a new start and this is the perfect opportunity.
    If your ever up that way any of you lovely ladies let me know and we will catch up.
    Good luck with your scan soon Trish I think Boy and Girl.
    Suzi Q Whohoo counting down those days do lots of shopping while your away and enjoy every moment of it. Are you sure you dont want to come to Hervey Bay instead LOL
    Well back to the packing I brought a paper shredder yesterday it is so much fun
    Hope the future brings happiness and all your dreams are fulfilled

Me 34
    DH 35
    DD 13
    DS 11
    DD 6
    3 X Angel Babies
    05 IVF ICSI# 1 BFN
    05 FET #1 BFN
    05 FET #2 BFN
    05 IVF ICSI# 2 BFN, no snowbubs

janee Guest

Good morning all....almost the weekend...and a LONG weekend at that! Cannot wait to spend a few days chilling out. This is my month off...so no injections, no bloodtests, YAY!!!!! It's nice to have a break from it all.
    I understand the stress and anxiety about the waiting room thing...and when infertility is often such a deeply personal and private thing for many of us, it's weird isn't it, knowing that all the faces in the waiting room share that common thread. Knowing Perth is so small and clicky, it scares me sometimes that I'll see someone from work there one day, or someone else that I wouldn't want t o see there. That would be weird and awkward. Anyway, I'm off to a naturopath next Friday, so will keep you all posted on that.

I think you're all wonderully strong, good hearted people, and I hope the universe realises what wonderful mums we will all be! Take care everyone.

Jane

Good morning. CD1 for me (quick turnaround time), so I'm in for my Anti-D injection & want to organise an appointment with the Dr to have some discussions. Not sure if I have to anyway since it's IVF again anyway.

Janee, I am interested in seeing a Naturopath because of my P4 problems. Could you email your email so I could discuss with you. Thanks

Take care, & thought I'd finally get a ticker (it'll help me remember where I am, lol)

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hey girls,

I know I've been a little sad the last few days about your news, Tam, but wanted to say how amazing I think you are. You're right, you are a smiler, and a positive person, and I'm so glad I'm your firend.

I remember that first time we met, you, me and Sheree, and you were the newbie, Sheree and I had been on the IVF wagon for a long time. I just so believed you'd be pg before either of us. I wouldn't wish having to go through the rollercoaster over and over again on anyone, but you're so strong, and so positive, and so dignified that if anyone deserves a break, it's you. It'll be soon, I know it.

SuziQ, so exciting seeing that ticker of yours counting down!

Heather, any news on the follies yet?

love
    sushee

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast